Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 censored for the ENTIRE WORLD

DemonKing

Arcane
As an Australian I am proud to announce that the attorney general from our second smallest state has succeeded in getting Fallout 3 censored for the entire world:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/censors-force-fallout-3-changes

This all came about because he doesn't want us to have a restricted 18+ rating for games like we do for every other medium, and currently the law can't be changed without all the state's attorney generals agreeing. Apparently having a restricted rating would somehow make it easier for the kiddies to get games here...

A user named cat

So what, is morphine now referred to as "numbing meds"?

I wonder what retarded terms they're going to use in place.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Nah, they'll just introduce psionic abilities that will allow you to heal yourself with the Power of the Mind. Hey, Richard Grey was a psionic, so it's canon and doesn't contradict previous installments at all.

Longshanks

Augur
Well, the originals did not have real-world names for drugs either. Got to say it was a stupid mistake for them to add the morphine reference in the first place.
Healing will likely be via Stimpacks, just as in the original games, no need to mention morphine.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Drugs were the only issue? What about EXPLODING MEMBERS?

We all know the first nude mod will be available shortly after the game's release. I don't think it'll take long until the first shots of mutilated naked bodies will find their way to the mass-media *cough*FOX*cough*

I wonder...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
bozia2012 said:
Drugs were the only issue? What about EXPLODING MEMBERS?

We all know the first nude mod will be available shortly after the game's release. I don't think it'll take long until the first shots of mutilated naked bodies will find their way to the mass-media *cough*FOX*cough*

I wonder...
Time for a little Codex involvement? We could get some massive lulz with this...

uhjghvt

Scholar
there must be other games that have used morphine, morphine syrettes were standard issue for GIs in WW2 and nearly every WW2 movie mentions them

Vaarna_Aarne

uhjghvt said:
there must be other games that have used morphine, morphine syrettes were standard issue for GIs in WW2 and nearly every WW2 movie mentions them
Silent Storm.

mondblut

Arcane
Destroid said:
Do any ww2 games let you take amphetamines? I can only imagine the shitstorm.

Not WW2, but Brigade E5 and 7.62 have both morphine and amphetamine available for mercs' use.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Yeah, but those are all PC games. No one under thirty plays PC games. :lol:

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Longshanks said:
Well, the originals did not have real-world names for drugs either. Got to say it was a stupid mistake for them to add the morphine reference in the first place.
Healing will likely be via Stimpacks, just as in the original games, no need to mention morphine.
Yeah, all are called "chems", though Jet and Afterburner have "metamphetamine" in their descriptions. FO2 was very mature regarding drugs - if you follow the Jet trail you could learn a lot how it's made, sold, how it changes peoples lives... and how it's involved in politics. We'll see if Betty will reduce it to simple buffs.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Time for a little Codex involvement? We could get some massive lulz with this...
If Beth had to change the rating of a game just because modders put nipples in their game... I don't really give a fuck about FO3 - maybe in 2-3 years (after all game features will get overhaul mods) i'll pick it up.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Longshanks said:
Damn straight. That's just why I loathe Beth so. They'll manage so screw up anything. I just hope we'll see Buffout and Psycho return. Good, unproblematic fantasy drugs.

Did I say drugs? I meant chems.

A user named cat

bozia2012 said:
If Beth had to change the rating of a game just because modders put nipples in their game... I don't really give a fuck about FO3 - maybe in 2-3 years (after all game features will get overhaul mods) i'll pick it up.
Wasn't it said they won't be releasing a construction set or anything? I'd laugh if it never becomes moddable and Beth forces their core game to be set in stone. The installer will unpack a few encrypted files only they can patch along with an exe. That would be classic.

PlanHex said:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/official_word_on_the_fallout_3_changes_morphine_now_med_x/
I'm not sure how legit this is though
Med-X? How generic and uncreative can you get?

Vaarna_Aarne

PlanHex said:
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/official_word_on_the_fallout_3_changes_morphine_now_med_x/
I'm not sure how legit this is though
:lol:

Bethesda in action.

A user named cat

EDIT: No I didn't photoshop "Dr. Pete" onto that, it was just meant to be I suppose.

Higher Game

Arcane
Shoelip said:
Yeah, but those are all PC games. No one under thirty plays PC games. :lol:

I think this sums it up. Censorship is all about the console kiddies. I don't remember the last PC exclusive game to get butchered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom