Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3 character model @ NMA

triCritical

Erudite
Greenskin13 said:
The concept of VC was fine to me, but I didn't like how they decided to build it. Really, running around the city, I lost almost all feeling of the post-apoc setting. The courtyard was the best area, in my opinion. It combined those GECK clay houses along with post-war survivalist buildings. That at least tried to contain civilization into the setting.

I think that was my biggest problem with the themed cities, I forgot I was playing Fallout. It was like they were mini-games within the game. For instance, I like New Reno, but I did not like it in Fallout. In other words, while I enjoyed New Reno, in hindsight it made the FO2 a worse game IMO. The problem is that it was all such BS and hokie. And then I thought about it and I could not get over how stupid the idea was.

I did not mind redding so much, because I could avoid it pretty easily without missing out too much. As for VC, well damn its hard for me to go their without gunslinging the whole place down. I guess it succeeded in that sense. BTW I like the courtyard with the outsiders too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom