Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 is overbashed here

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get gamer shame from hearing Liam Neeson speaking the lines they wrote for him in Fallout 3. I'm so disappointed in you for blowing up that town. Acknowledging that industry standards are that rock bottom for a nerd celebrity voice actor is damning.

Round of applause to Max von Sydow for willing a personality into his Skyrim character
Check out the voice actor behind the scenes video on youtube of skyrim, as compared to new vegas. The bourne cia lady actress talks about how hard it is to jump from line to line and emotion to emotion, and the new vegas people all talk about what kind of characters they play, how they act as them and they look like they're having a grand old time.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I get gamer shame from hearing Liam Neeson speaking the lines they wrote for him in Fallout 3. I'm so disappointed in you for blowing up that town. Acknowledging that industry standards are that rock bottom for a nerd celebrity voice actor is damning.

Round of applause to Max von Sydow for willing a personality into his Skyrim character
Check out the voice actor behind the scenes video on youtube of skyrim, as compared to new vegas. The bourne cia lady actress talks about how hard it is to jump from line to line and emotion to emotion, and the new vegas people all talk about what kind of characters they play, how they act as them and they look like they're having a grand old time.

Most of the voice actors are pretty good, but the actor behind Benny was... well, pretty bad. Although, I'm guessing the casting and voice directors were the same for Skyrim and New Vegas.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
I remember the first time I played fo3 and couldn't believe that you couldn't look down the iron sights

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Even worse is the fact that there is a similar function on the right mouse button, that merely has the game add a pathetic little zoom instead. And again this is something New Vegas did right when F3 did it retardedly.

Most of the voice actors are pretty good, but the actor behind Benny was... well, pretty bad. Although, I'm guessing the casting and voice directors were the same for Skyrim and New Vegas.
Perhaps the casting was done in a similar way, as Bethesda was overseeing it. But the voice direction is miles ahead of Skyrim and other Bethesda titles.

But of course there are mistakes in there such as Felicia Day's casting and character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom