Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 is overbashed here

EG

Nullified
What the fuck codex. New Vegas is equally shit like F3. If not even fucking worse. The only thing it's better at, are some writing pieces, but it's all overflooded by SHIT gameplay, shit level design, shit colour palette, shit characters (howdy there partner), shit quests, shit everything. While I liked some locations in F3 and looting interestingly done places, and hated everything else, with that fucking Megaton city (I was pissed that even their nuke didn't kill everyone there); I hated absolutely every minute of New Vegas I played. What's the point of few good lines if you have to swim in the sea of shit covered and mixed with shit. There was absolutely 0 interesting loot places, and when you hit one - it's done as soon as it started. I think they're even smaller than the Morrowind's slave caves. Hardcore mode? Just carry a shitload of water and iguanas on sticks and enjoy your goddamn hp contests with deathclaws. Hit a high ground and vats it to death for a half an hour. Fuck Bethesda for F3, but fuck Obsidian even more for New Vegas. So fucking glad I got it at the bay and didn't spent a penny on this pile of turd.

Go get 'em, tiger!

Hurry hard, eh!

DAT

Educated
What the fuck codex. New Vegas is equally shit like F3. If not even fucking worse. The only thing it's better at, are some writing pieces, but it's all overflooded by SHIT gameplay, shit level design, shit colour palette, shit characters (howdy there partner), shit quests, shit everything. While I liked some locations in F3 and looting interestingly done places, and hated everything else, with that fucking Megaton city (I was pissed that even their nuke didn't kill everyone there); I hated absolutely every minute of New Vegas I played. What's the point of few good lines if you have to swim in the sea of shit covered and mixed with shit. There was absolutely 0 interesting loot places, and when you hit one - it's done as soon as it started. I think they're even smaller than the Morrowind's slave caves. Hardcore mode? Just carry a shitload of water and iguanas on sticks and enjoy your goddamn hp contests with deathclaws. Hit a high ground and vats it to death for a half an hour. Fuck Bethesda for F3, but fuck Obsidian even more for New Vegas. So fucking glad I got it at the bay and didn't spent a penny on this pile of turd.

BROS, FALLOUT 1 AND 2 SHARE SOME OF THE THINGS MENTIONED ABOVE LIKE THE SHIT GAMEPLAY AND THE SHIT COLOUR.

WHICH MEANS THERE WAS NEVER A GOOD FALLOUT GAME.

EG

Nullified

BROS, FALLOUT 1 AND 2 SHARE SOME OF THE THINGS MENTIONED ABOVE LIKE THE SHIT GAMEPLAY AND THE SHIT COLOUR.

WHICH MEANS THERE WAS NEVER A GOOD FALLOUT GAME.

I sense a alt in search of a ban . . .

. . . imitating a hero of the RPG Codex.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I don't remember Fallout 1 or 2 raping my eyes with orange and yellow and just it. Actually, they had few more colours and at least they didn't make me quit after 20 minutes. But they were pretty good games from what I remember.

When I bash fallout 3 and new vegas don't take me for a fucking true fallouts crusader. I'm just bashing shitty games overall.

EG

Nullified
I don't remember Fallout 1 or 2 raping my eyes with orange and yellow and just it. Actually, they had few more colours and at least they didn't make me quit after 20 minutes. But they were pretty good games from what I remember.

When I bash fallout 3 and new vegas don't take me for a fucking true fallouts crusader. I'm just bashing shitty games overall.

Complementary colors are so yesterday. Everything has to clash and have an inconsistent tone.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I hesitate :? to bring this up; but there is one distinct advantage Fallout 3 has over New Vegas.

(Disclaimer: I do not own Fallout 3, but multiple google searches confirm the following.)

People who own Fallout 3 GOTY Boxed; can install and play it (along with all the DLC) with no internet connection.
GFWL is not necessary to play the game itself, its only for those that want achievements.

Not so with the New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
Boxed or no, it always has to be "Steam Activated" no matter what.
(Note: I do own Fallout New Vegas.)

Say years from now Bethesda and Valve are both dead:

F3 GOTY owners able to reinstall from disk.

FNV UE owners are left holding dead plastic.

:decline:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hesitate :? to bring this up; but there is one distinct advantage Fallout 3 has over New Vegas.

(Disclaimer: I do not own Fallout 3, but multiple google searches confirm the following.)

People who own Fallout 3 GOTY Boxed; can install and play it (along with all the DLC) with no internet connection.
GFWL is not necessary to play the game itself, its only for those that want achievements.

Not so with the New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
Boxed or no, it always has to be "Steam Activated" no matter what.
(Note: I do own Fallout New Vegas.)

yes Like you can't DL a work around. :roll: If you're Goyim slave you have only yourself to blame.

*** Disclaimer: This Message doesn't condone Piracy and I own Copy of FNV too ***

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Because nobody has ever cracked Steam before, and nobody ever will.

Gord

Arcane
The solution is simple:
Buy more games on Steam, so Gabe will never go out of business.

:troll:

Grim Monk

Arcane
Obviously :roll: with a bit of effort you can make a "Backup Copy" so New Vegas Copy does not stop working.

But one again people owning F3 can simply pop in their legitimately purchased disk.

Moreover, New Vegas seems to have marked a shift in the way Bethesda treats its paying customers.
All the way back to Arena the principle of "You have the Disk Floppy, You can play the Game" applied.
Since FNV however, all the new PC releases have come with a Steam requirement.
Examples: Skyrim, Dishonored.

Even Oblivion (Disclaimer: I don't ;) own Oblivion either.), AFAICT did not stop people owning the disk version from installing it however they want.

The Facts:
Bethesda "as a RPG developer" owes its success to the PC (Arena, Daggerfall)
Bethesda Sold millions on PC over the years (Morrowind, Oblivion)
They sold a million copies of F3 on PC.

All while being relatively DRM free.
Granted they already were insulting customer base by putting SecuROM on Shivering Isles, after selling millions of copies of Oblivion without it.
But they at least limited it to only doing checks for ISO ripping software.

Then with FNV they Blatantly tell all their PC customers:
"Thanks for all the money you gave us over the years, but we know you guys are all thieves."
"So now you must all do a online activation, or no playing the game."

There was NO REASON for them to make ALL versions on PC tied to Steam, especially not the Boxed ones.
It is a Blatant Insult to everyone who bought any of their older games.
It's especially galling that they pulled this move :mob: with a game made for them by Obsidian, making some of the stench of betrayal stick to them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So much drama over something that happened years ago.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Lest we forget, RK.

The simple truth of the matter is that Fallout: New Vegas is absurdely overpraised around here. Much as it contains some refreshing concepts, it still suffers from extremely poor and limited dialogue, bland or at the very least undeveloped characters, a railroaded, constricted world and the very same crappy combat, quest compass and graphics as in Fallout 3. It also contains equally childish and "lulzy" humour, what with giant dinosaur towns, "charming" mutant freaks, Hubologist cultist ghouls and other assorted nonsense, and that is before even mentioning the horrendous DLC known as Old World Blues. While I would not say that New Vegas is actually worse than Fallout 3, it is not significantly better, and neither game is particularly good. In fact, both are pretty awful.

Fallout 3, in conclusion, is indeed overbashed, if nothing else for the simple reason that New Vegas so often tends to be spared from the purifying flames of righteous hatred. As for why the Avellonian heresy is so widely accepted and embraced whereas the Toddlerian equivalent is scorned and rejected, I can but only allude to the insidious influence of the Cult of the Emprah.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lest we forget, RK.

The simple truth of the matter is that Fallout: New Vegas is absurdely overpraised around here. Much as it contains some refreshing concepts, it still suffers from extremely poor and limited dialogue, bland or at the very least undeveloped characters, a railroaded, constricted world and the very same crappy combat, quest compass and graphics as in Fallout 3.
Fixed.

It also contains equally childish and "lulzy" humour, what with giant dinosaur towns,
That's a place that actually exists you know.

Lest we forget, RK.

The simple truth of the matter is that Fallout: New Vegas is absurdely overpraised around here. , While I would not say that New Vegas is actually worse than Fallout 3, it is not significantly better, and neither game is particularly good. In fact, both are pretty awful.

Fallout 3, in conclusion, is indeed overbashed, if nothing else for the simple reason that New Vegas so often tends to be spared from the purifying flames of righteous hatred. As for why the Avellonian heresy is so widely accepted and embraced whereas the Toddlerian equivalent is scorned and rejected, I can but only allude to the insidious influence of the Cult of the Emprah.

That sounds like some Bethfag rant.

a railroaded, constricted world and the very same crappy combat, quest compass and graphics as in Fallout 3. It also contains equally childish and "lulzy" humour, what with giant dinosaur towns, "charming" mutant freaks, Hubologist cultist ghouls and other assorted nonsense, and that is before even mentioning the horrendous DLC known as Old World Blues.

So, Fallout 1 and especially Fallout 2 is shit too? :hmmm:

Much as it contains some refreshing concepts, it still suffers from extremely poor and limited dialogue, bland or at the very least undeveloped characters

The only thing the game limits in that regard is this three lines of words on a screen at the time.

Still, Fallout: New Vegas presents a cohesive, logical world that's plausible and coherent in Fallout style, even more than Fallout 2. Hell, even New Vegas Strip, arguably the weakest link in Fallout setting's logic, is to a large extent somewhat excusable and only suffers from relative under-development, more so with other shit going on that supports it, like Sharecropper Farms or Crimson Caravan. For the same reason, Capital Wasteland in that shit Fallout 3 is completely unsalvageable. Last time I checked, there wasn't a single farm in Capital Wasteland. But there was Little Lamplight, and people pretending to be superheroes, and emo vampires. And some people worked toward liberation and human rights for fucking androids even though they eat 200yo Salisbury Steaks. Oh yeah makes sense :roll:

Even Old World Blues serves its purpose in how it was a throwaway from vanilla, countered the horridity of crimes against nature in Big MT, or underlined the Mobius' effects on the Think Tank and detracted the player from it. And yet even without those layers, it's still less moronic than Fallout 3 :troll:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The simple truth of the matter is that Fallout: New Vegas is absurdely overpraised around here.

A big part of the enjoyment of anything is whether or not it "clicks" for you.

Fallout 3 was objectively a lulzy and childishly written piece of shit, but that's overlooked if it clicks with you or you're a retard.

Fallout New Vegas was objectively a masterfully created wasteland society, and it clicked with me. That's why I will praise the game to absurd levels.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Fallout New Vegas was objectively a masterfully created wasteland society
Howdy there, partner.

See dat texas rangers, I mean, NCR rangers?

I see legion, wtf.

Cultist ghouls in space.

MULTI-PENISED FEET MANG. GRAB YOUR BRAIN AND KILL (OR TALK TO) OTHER BRAINS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom