Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 3 leaked... For the freakin Xbox360

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Fat Dragon said:
This is turning out to be a rather shitty and disappointing flame war.

That's what happens when the locals can't generate enough heat to light a fucking candle.

DefJam101

Arcane
Ha ha.. ha ha.... yeah.

Send this mess to Retardo Land; maybe it can fight with aphatmc~'s poetic prose for the title of dumbest thread ever.

aphatmc~'s raging erection frowns upon this thread, do not disrespect him.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think I've posted in this thread once, I'm just doing so before it gets retardo'd.

xuerebx

Erudite
Helton said:
xuerebx said:
Do you allow me to agree with you, oh wise Helton?

??

:oops: Oh jeez man we hsare and oniopon and ish? Be my BFF forever will you plz!? Let's buddy butt fuck in evry thread and share our internet advnturs and laugh at the stupid breaders.

HA! I laugh at u stypid breaders!

:oops: Oh my it will be so un!

I think I wet myself, just a little.

Anyway, it's funny that some of the 'trolls' are by far less mature than the members on the forum they were trying to troll. It's not funny, it's ridiculous. Makes you look well 'ard on here eh though?

ushdugery

Scholar
Oh god this is brilliant likening someone to a chav what sharp wit that's not very nice of you are they not a human does they not bleed? If you're not careful you might cut them with that rapier tongue of yours.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ok, let's go back to discussing the sweet failure that this game is.

Don't you think that the... 'plot' (enclave that wants to keal the population with an elaborate virus) is blatant copypasta of FO2?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kingston said:
What's the final battle like?

The Master will come from Hell and rape you. You have to fight with his sperm inside your body. That's a minigame where you as blood are trying to defend your organism against evil Master's sperm.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Kingston said:
What's the final battle like?

It's actually pretty damn cool. Just like the rest of the story... and I think that is what people can't stand. The fact that the game may not be that fucking bad but they have been indoctrined by the local hivemind to hate it blindly. And now that they can never enjoy it in fear of being rejected by some fuckwads on the internet they have to ensure as many others as possible are miserable too.

cares

Novice
Odds are the leak will impact Beth's sales of FO3.

I'm actually old enough to remember going to Egghead Software as a kid, back when once upon a time they existed offline, and having maybe a dozen and a half games to choose from. Few were a uniform size, and many were tricked out quality packages to draw the eye. Of which I could maybe whine my way into a parent's purchasing one of to occupy me for a couple months.

You had to be extremely selective of what you bought back then and you expected it to last you for a long time.

And they often COULD. Many lived up. Graphics sucked, were even nonexistant for such a long time it was a surprise to have any, and in the absence people actually had to have such a thing as a plot. Many plots involved possibly months of gameplay. I had a friend play Might and Magic I (or maybe II) off and on over the course of 10 years and I don't he finished it. Think he lost a piece of the 10 year old computer he played it on, which used to be mine, when he went to college. Wasn't that he was even bad at it, it was just that big a game and he'd even map most of it on graph paper - cause that's what you did back then or you got hideously lost.

It's no surprise that games from that time are often the beginning of chains we still see sequels or successors from today and of which people are awfully protective of.

Games twenty years ago practically were an art form and had a level of quality you just don't expect to see often these days cause few of them could really expect easy patches to be distributed if they made a mistake somewhere.

Now days games are prepackaged uniformly and fat kids wander out with 3-4 of them in thier grubby little hands which they are unlikely to finish before they see some other bit of sparkly flash they can buy next week. How many even finish most of the games bought anymore anyway to even see if it has a good ending?

Rarely do companies bother to polish or finish a game because people are at the point they'll pay money for anything new based on the hype and flash and big businesses thrive off of low consumer expectations because they can. It's not really profitable to insist on a quality release because thiers so little expectation let alone actual demand for one. If no one insists on a polished product anymore theirs very little reason to provide one.

So companies milk anything that they can churn a dime from and much like Hollywood has run out of ideas and keeps remaking old movies and television series from back when we had higher standards or from something they see internationally game compaines like to rip and run on old franchises.

Fallout 3 is basically the bastard child of FO: POS which has the same motivation as that Interplay travesty in porting to console for fast cash and foisting blood and bikini's on console kids who's expectations for what's good is based on limited experience with limited quality titles.

Writing and cohesive story elements used in a compelling fashion are white elephants these days, you practically give up on seeing them which makes them all the more precious when found - but outside of Bioware and Obsidian I just don't expect it, and given that Obsidian is the survivors of Black Isle and Troika it seems regrettable that bothering to actually tell a story doesn't actually seem to be a strong business plan anymore when writing doesn't even rate a back seat anymore to graphics. Writing might get to ride in a plastic travel pet shelter in baggage while Graphics rides in First Class getting blitzed on cocktails and pinching stewerdess ass.

The thing is even given all that, the whole reason to call it Fallout THREE and even play lipservice to the idea of appealing to the fanbase. Taking it 'seriously' and giving the franchise the treatment it 'deserves' is all hype geared towards actual fallout fans shelling out thier money to buy the game in the 'hope' the mere 'hope' that however unlikely the game will turn out better than they think it will be. The continual shine on by Bethesda is all geared towards maintaining that hope through careful reveals of what they want to show us until we hand over our money and buy our ticket to the freakshow. Once inside whether they keep the lighting low enough to hide the glue and stiches on the freak is immaterial since they have the money anyway.

If you have clicked on any spoiler threads though and read about the abyssmal storyline, however, maintaining any hope at all is nigh impossible.

The freak is in the light, thank you pirates.

Whether you reallly want to preorder or even pick up a game that will in all liklihood be in the bargain bin within 3 months is now a far easier decision process.

I so want to cancel my pre-order. I don't want to support Bethesda and this crap at all. It's painful, it's insulting, and a recycled Oblivion ending which was crap the first time around simply adds to the injury.

But I want a lunch box.

I bolded the relevant part of this insightful nma post if you don't want to read the whole thing...

that is the most awesome conclusion...didn't see it coming...

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
Black said:
It's actually pretty damn cool. Just like the rest of the story...

Nice contradiction, moron.

Holy shit, someone has an opinion different than the majority of the Codex! BURN THE HERETIC! Quick insult him so you fit in and look cool!

elander_

Arbiter
Stevee Wonder said:
The fact that the game may not be that fucking bad but they have been indoctrined by the local hivemind to hate it blindly.

If that makes you feel better then ok. Steel be with you brother. :cool:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Stevee Wonder said:
Black said:

Holy shit, someone has an opinion different than the majority of the Codex! BURN THE HERETIC! Quick insult him so you fit in and look cool!
He meant you should write something more then "cool".

Black

Arcane
Stevee Wonder said:
an opinion

You know nobody here gives a shit about opinions? Especially about your opinions.
God damn moron.

Stevee Wonder

Scholar
WhiskeyWolf said:
Stevee Wonder said:
Black said:

He meant you should write something more then "cool".

I could write a fucking 40 page dissertation and he would just say 'haha ur a dumb! fallout 3 sux!!!11'

I am not going to convince anyone that is under the power of the swarm that anything is 'cool'. So why try?

The point is I don't care if you don't think it's cool, that doesn't justify jackshit.

I didn't like The Sixth Sense but I didn't go around to movie theaters and scream 'THE KID IS DEAD!' because that's a jackass thing to do.

Oh, I forgot. FREEDOMZ OF SPEECHEZ!

Texas Red

Whiner
Black said:
Stevee Wonder said:
an opinion

You know nobody here gives a shit about opinions? Especially about your opinions.
God damn moron.

I care more about the opinions of this alt who joined today than anyone else who posted in this abomination of a thread. He doesn't pretend to be a rebel wanting Kodex Kool Kreds by calling everything in FO 3 shit. What I accidentally read from your moronic spoilers doesn't warrant tens of pages of idiots going lolzers ahahah

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom