Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Athelas

Arcane
It has begun...

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-elder-scrolls-studio-trademarks-void-engine/1100-6416178/

Bethesda parent company Zenimax has filed a trademark application for "Void Engine Powered by Id Tech," suggesting the company has created an all-new game engine. The news comes as the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One are soon to be released, though it is unclear if the new engine is related to the next-generation systems.

Might not even be related to Bethesda's games, but who knows.

So they finally admitted that Gamebryo Creation is shit and moved on to a new and better engine? Nah, I don't believe it. Too good to be true.

himmy

Arcane
inb4 Beth pulls a Ubisoft on this and makes Fallout 4 turn-based isometri...I can't even troll about this with a straight face.

Can we have this emoticon but sad?
:troll:

Seerix

Arbiter
That picture with big "74A" on it suggest that Fallout 4 will have Vault 74 in it which is either interesting or clear indication of this whole thing being a hoax because there is article on The Vault about Vault 74 which says that it was some test vault made by Bethesda for the GECK and it's unfinished Vault in New Vegas whose cellname is interestingly "Vault74A".

TripJack

Hedonist
Fallout 4 won't be a good RPG but I'll play it nonetheless.
bro you seem to be new so i'll give you the proper codex procedure in these cases: 1) pretend like you will never touch this piece of shit, then 2) buy or pirate it on day 1, and finally 3) play the whole game and then come back to codex and bitch about how shitty it was in the appropriate 1000+ page thread

follow these steps and you will go far indeed :dance:

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
I see no harm in playing shit games downloaded from the Bay; the bottom line always is that you vote with your wallet.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe....

Maybe Fallout 4 is Obsidian's secret AAA project and that's going to be the big announcement.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
What the problem is, is that Bethesda is practically one of the last "major" players in making single player games, that they unfortunately define as RPGs, and therefore the industry follows example, and in about 10 years (maybe it already is the case?) everybody will think RPGs are action games with a bit of stats mixed in for a "flavor".
It's not already?
The less you treat Bethesda's take on Fallout as an RPG while just accepting it as an open-world FPS, the less likely you'll suffer brain-damage inflicted from prolonged peak-nerdrage.
That is what a logical person now expect, yes
Perk trees were good. Could be better implemented, but yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing those brought over.
I'm personally not a fan of them, much prefer the fallout forumla (it's probably those pipeboy icon that goes along with perks)
Then again Vanilla Skyrim/Fallout 3 perks are shit compare to fallout 2/new vegas, with or without perk trees
Vegas already had tons of crafting, pretty decent ones too

Last edited:

imweasel

Maybe Fallout 4 is Obsidian's secret AAA project and that's going to be the big announcement.
Sadly, no. It will be developed by Bethesda and their lead retard Todd Howard - and it's gonna be shit.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You could at least be hopeful. Wasn't Skyrim a huge improvement over everything Bethesda did in the last years ?

SophosTheWise

Cipher
You could at least be hopeful. Wasn't Skyrim a huge improvement over everything Bethesda did in the last years ?

That probably depends on your definition of "in the last years". Over Oblivion, sure, Skyrim was an improvement. But over Morrowind?

I sincerely hope it's really Obsidian's big next gen project, but I really doubt it. Ugh, I want to be excited but I just can't.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Level scaling, no unique loot, every aspect of the game shallow and/or underdeveloped, godawful interface, even worse writing, crappy animations, boring dungeons, a fuckton of pointless FedEx quests, more bugs than in the fucking Rainforest etc., etc. In other words: NO.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bethesda will produce yet another pointless shitfest like skyrim. Who the fuck cares excrept the glorious Codex....

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sadly, no. It will be developed by Bethesda and their lead retard Todd Howard - and it's gonna be shit.
i-want-to-believe.jpg

Level scaling, no unique loot, every aspect of the game shallow and/or underdeveloped, godawful interface, even worse writing, crappy animations, boring dungeons, a fuckton of pointless FedEx quests, more bugs than in the fucking Rainforest etc., etc. In other words: NO.

Was still an improvement over Oblivion, had branching questlines, had NV style speech checks, better animations than the last two games they made, less level scaled enemies, giants for example, you couldn't get every single perk and max every attribute like in Oblivion. I'd say it's on par with Fallout 3 in terms of being an RPG, inferior to NV and way better than oblivion.

Like some poster said earlier, if Fallout 4 is to Skyrim what Fallout 3 was to Oblivion then we'll have a New Vegas style game at least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom