Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bethesda games are popular because they are
- One of the best Barbie Dress Up games (only rivaled by The Sims)

Hell no. Not without mods, and even then Skyrim is much worse than Saints Row for example. They fixed that in Elder Scrolls Online, it will have better character customisation but this game isn't out yet and it's also MMO so we should compare it to EVE, and compared to it ESO is still shit.

majestik12

Arcane
Not without mods, and even then Skyrim is much worse than Saints Row for example. They fixed that in Elder Scrolls Online, it will have better character customisation but this game isn't out yet and it's also MMO so we should compare it to EVE
Nobody interested in customization plays Bethesda games without mods, and with mods they beat any unmoddable MMO or poorly moddable SR.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Post apocalyptic for me is riding in a dune buggy shooting radscorpions.
Does gamebryo even support vehicles? I have a vision of the whole thing blowing up (in mini nukular eploxians, obviously) if they even tried.
Riding radscorpions! they are even look like a natural loot stash with their flat backs.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Blog:News/Bethesda_registers_European_trademark

The Internet exploded in speculation as it turned out that a few days ago, Bethesda filed for a Fallout 4 trademark with the Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market through their usual legal firm, DLA Piper.

You can find the filings here and here. Both are Nice classes 9, 16, 25, 41.

In human terms, this means Bethesda filed for trademarks for games, online information about games, printed media, and clothing. If you want the precise legal definition, look up the above links.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bethesda games are popular because they are
- One of the best Barbie Dress Up games (only rivaled by The Sims)

Hell no. Not without mods, and even then Skyrim is much worse than Saints Row for example. They fixed that in Elder Scrolls Online, it will have better character customisation but this game isn't out yet and it's also MMO so we should compare it to EVE, and compared to it ESO is still shit.

TESuvius is terrible, compared to anything.

2house2fly

Magister
Not without mods, and even then Skyrim is much worse than Saints Row for example. They fixed that in Elder Scrolls Online, it will have better character customisation but this game isn't out yet and it's also MMO so we should compare it to EVE
Nobody interested in customization plays Bethesda games without mods, and with mods they beat any unmoddable MMO or poorly moddable SR.
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that a game that needs mods to be good "beats" a game that doesn't

Gozma

Arcane
Why should Bethesda game have voices at all

I know, seriously, why?

Yo I didn't say that. Even getting off the line that voice acting is logistically a bad idea, just listen to the VA and VA design in their games. It is completely and transparently incompetent - the actors generally have no fucking idea what the context of any of their lines is, they use tiny pools of aggressively untalented voice actors for dozens and dozens of characters each, they 100% just get nerd celebrities of completely incidental voice acting ability to voice shit for marketing purposes... even like the meme-generating thing where they have many different actors do the same line is like, why would you ever do that, it is so god damn Dunning-Kruger, what the fuck, why are you god damn stupid kids buying this instead of at least like Saints Row or GTA or Red Dead run around fake worlds doing boring shit games, is Ziff-Davis marketing run by a tiny glowing god-alien from another dimension

Newfag-er

Liturgist
Why should Bethesda game have voices at all, most of it sucks

I know right

Skyrim/fallout 3 did get marginally better though (note: compare to oblivion)

I can't mod saints row, and I have to buy dlc :cry:

Athelas

Arcane
The hilarious (or rather, maddening) thing is that their terrible voice acting (much like their 'endearing' bugs) only garners them more positive attention. Case in point: the whole arrow in the knee meme.

Competent voice acting tends to go hand in hand with good writing, I find - you can't separate the two.

Last edited:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The hilarious (or rather, maddening) thing is that their terrible voice acting (much like their 'endearing' bugs) only garners them more positive attention. Case in point: the whole arrow in the knee meme.

Competent voice acting tends to go hand in hand with good writing, I find - you can't separate the two.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm actually looking forward to F4, contrary to Shit Effect 4 or Hepler Age.

At least there won't be any Gay sex or Feminazism in it.

4286-kill-yourself.jpg

Someone probably shared this before but I can't stop meself.
Meh. FO3 writing is legendary, but FNV wasn't all that titillating either, all the MCA fanclub aside. Most quests in the main game were a snooze fest of "go there, pick a generic dialogue option/kill stuff/take item, go back, get reward". There were no involving plots, interesting characters or conversations to savour. Only one I can remember is Chief Hanlon's monologue because it was actually decent among the sea of mediocrity, but that's it.
Quantity means shit all if none of it is quality.
Mind you, the concept of a bunch of degenerate LARPers running around in skirts raping and killing people for giggles did get a few laughs out of me before I found out they were an actual faction in the game.

To be fair, the game isn't terrible, just far from being a role-model or basis for comparison. That said, I still haven't gotten around to playing FNV DLCs (not much time to play these days), so maybe those are worth something.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be fair, the game isn't terrible, just far from being a role-model or basis for comparison. That said, I still haven't gotten around to playing FNV DLCs (not much time to play these days), so maybe those are worth something.

In my humble opinion DLCs are much better than the original game. Especially Dead Money and Old World Blues. They also have superior writing.

I don't see why they wouldn't comment on it, maybe they're okay with the press and hype the hoax is garnering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom