Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Well, if they can't comment then it's pretty obvious they're involved, don't know why people make these statements when anyone older than 5 can figure what you mean. Guess he's being helpful.

In any case, 2299 is a few years after the beginning of FO3 and NV. According to the timeline on the wiki, 18 years after the Courier meets Ulysses, the last recorded event.

m_s0

Arcane
Well, if they can't comment then it's pretty obvious they're involved, don't know why people make these statements when anyone older than 5 can figure what you mean. Guess he's being helpful.
It's not about figuring it out or not, because figuring out that another "Fallout" is in the works isn't exactly rocket science. It's about controlling information which has to get rolled out according to plan through official channels and things like that. Plus it obviously helps with building up hype, it's useful for marketing etc. People get paid a lot for coming up with and planning out all that bullshit for the media, no matter how retarded it may be.

I don't see why they wouldn't comment on it, maybe they're okay with the press and hype the hoax is garnering.

Because if they quickly dispel every hoax or rumor as false it will be even more conspicuous when they do actually say 'no comment.'

'No comment' only works when you really do make no comment, even about stuff you could actually comment about; things that are actually just hoaxes or rumors.

Also depends on whether someone actually approaches you. Always facepalmworthy when a company that hasn't actually been asked to comment puts out a 'no comment' press release*, as in 'please please someone ask us to comment on this!!!'

*(used to get these sent around when involved in student politics. Got a lot of crap from greens and my fellow leftists when I threatened an environmnental protest group with printing out every publicity email of theirs on actual tree-killing paper if they didn't reduce their email-spam to a more sensible level)

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
ITZ coming

Bethesda has registered Fallout 4

333407817.jpg

Prepare for a massive shitstorm, announcement in 21 days

http://thesurvivor2299.com/

2house2fly

Magister
I don't think it's particularly attractive for them to toot their own horn like that, but I have to admit it is a nice classifiation.

imweasel

If F4 enables another Obsidian developed Fallout game then I'm all for it.
I'd rather have Obsidian kickstart a Fallout 1 clone/spiritual successor with Tim Cain as the lead designer. I bet the internets would go ape shit too.
:smug:

One can only hope...

2house2fly

Magister
The website has changed a bit. The countdown has vanished and the Vault-Tec logo has relocated to the top-left corner of the page(or my browser is fucked, both are possible). The Morse code has changed as well, and apparently now says CQ/CQ/CQ/DE/OZ/PSE/AS. This translates as "Calling any station / Calling any station / Calling any station / This is / "OZ"(place or person?) / Please stand by"

OZ = Oscar Zulu, a signal used in Fallout 3: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Signal_Oscar_Zulu

Possible sign that the website is fake and just referring to Fallout 3 stuff? Alternatively, may be a Wizard Of Oz reference.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
All this talk of Fallout 4 makes me cringe. It's like Obsidian makes attempts to path things up while Bethesda comes back to the franchise to be all like "This is how you make an RPG!". Then they sit and write painful dialogue, plot, and other assorted fuckery and the general public eats it out of their hands like the greasy, over-priced fast food it truly is.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
If there's one thing I do like about Bethesda, it's how hard they troll their fanbase. Moira surviving was hilarious.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ITZ all actions no consequences approach of post Morrowind Bethpizda which saves them both the angry rants from their consoltard consumer base: Where's Mah Quest Giver! and jewgold spend on developing the alternative paths; Much better Trolling is the Mods will fix our shit games for free while we'll count our shekels attitude. :keepmymoney:
So ITZ only fair to troll them back and demo their games in Commissar's humble opinion. :troll:

Last edited:

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why have you fuckers yet to devise an RPG about an ancient warrior named "Codex", who was once the great voice of a religion now tarnished by Bethisda and now must go forth and correct all blasphemy, learning from the wisdom of the wise ones of old and making all who defile the great religion repent?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom