Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Syril, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    If F4 enables another Obsidian developed Fallout game then I'm all for it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Someone probably shared this before but I can't stop meself.

[​IMG]

Also this...

[​IMG]

:hearnoevil::balance:

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    ^ Top  
  3. imweasel Guest

imweasel

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    Meh. FO3 writing is legendary, but FNV wasn't all that titillating either, all the MCA fanclub aside. Most quests in the main game were a snooze fest of "go there, pick a generic dialogue option/kill stuff/take item, go back, get reward". There were no involving plots, interesting characters or conversations to savour. Only one I can remember is Chief Hanlon's monologue because it was actually decent among the sea of mediocrity, but that's it.
    Quantity means shit all if none of it is quality.
    Mind you, the concept of a bunch of degenerate LARPers running around in skirts raping and killing people for giggles did get a few laughs out of me before I found out they were an actual faction in the game.

To be fair, the game isn't terrible, just far from being a role-model or basis for comparison. That said, I still haven't gotten around to playing FNV DLCs (not much time to play these days), so maybe those are worth something.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Jedi Exile Arcane Patron

Jedi Exile
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    In my humble opinion DLCs are much better than the original game. Especially Dead Money and Old World Blues. They also have superior writing.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  6. Onholyservicebound Arcane

Onholyservicebound
    I don't see why they wouldn't comment on it, maybe they're okay with the press and hype the hoax is garnering.

^ Top  
  7. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Well, if they can't comment then it's pretty obvious they're involved, don't know why people make these statements when anyone older than 5 can figure what you mean. Guess he's being helpful.

In any case, 2299 is a few years after the beginning of FO3 and NV. According to the timeline on the wiki, 18 years after the Courier meets Ulysses, the last recorded event.

^ Top  
  8. darkpatriot Arcane

darkpatriot
    Because if they quickly dispel every hoax or rumor as false it will be even more conspicuous when they do actually say 'no comment.'

'No comment' only works when you really do make no comment, even about stuff you could actually comment about; things that are actually just hoaxes or rumors.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. m_s0 Arcane

m_s0
    It's not about figuring it out or not, because figuring out that another "Fallout" is in the works isn't exactly rocket science. It's about controlling information which has to get rolled out according to plan through official channels and things like that. Plus it obviously helps with building up hype, it's useful for marketing etc. People get paid a lot for coming up with and planning out all that bullshit for the media, no matter how retarded it may be.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Bethesda is well versed in saying absolutely nothing at length.

^ Top  
  11. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Also depends on whether someone actually approaches you. Always facepalmworthy when a company that hasn't actually been asked to comment puts out a 'no comment' press release*, as in 'please please someone ask us to comment on this!!!'

*(used to get these sent around when involved in student politics. Got a lot of crap from greens and my fellow leftists when I threatened an environmnental protest group with printing out every publicity email of theirs on actual tree-killing paper if they didn't reduce their email-spam to a more sensible level)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Syril Liturgist Queued

Syril
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    Second language: italian.
    Wat?

^ Top  
  14. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    I don't think "Nice classification" means "not shabby". It's just Euro trademarking.

^ Top  
  15. 2house2fly Erudite

2house2fly
    I don't think it's particularly attractive for them to toot their own horn like that, but I have to admit it is a nice classifiation.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    I'd rather have Obsidian kickstart a Fallout 1 clone/spiritual successor with Tim Cain as the lead designer. I bet the internets would go ape shit too.
    :smug:

One can only hope...

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  17. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    I think they needed to put something on that field.

^ Top  
  18. himmy Arcane

himmy
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    F4LLOUT: TAKE THE CANOLI EDITION

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Scruffy The janitor Patron

Scruffy
    Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
    bethesda fans

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Kitako Arcane

Kitako
    Ezio Auditore as vault dweller, go go go.

^ Top  
  22. 2house2fly Erudite

2house2fly
    The website has changed a bit. The countdown has vanished and the Vault-Tec logo has relocated to the top-left corner of the page(or my browser is fucked, both are possible). The Morse code has changed as well, and apparently now says CQ/CQ/CQ/DE/OZ/PSE/AS. This translates as "Calling any station / Calling any station / Calling any station / This is / "OZ"(place or person?) / Please stand by"

OZ = Oscar Zulu, a signal used in Fallout 3: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Signal_Oscar_Zulu

Possible sign that the website is fake and just referring to Fallout 3 stuff? Alternatively, may be a Wizard Of Oz reference.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Akasen Scholar Patron

Akasen
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    All this talk of Fallout 4 makes me cringe. It's like Obsidian makes attempts to path things up while Bethesda comes back to the franchise to be all like "This is how you make an RPG!". Then they sit and write painful dialogue, plot, and other assorted fuckery and the general public eats it out of their hands like the greasy, over-priced fast food it truly is.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  24. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Yeah, but they'll ask Obsidian to create another FO game hopefully.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)