Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Syril, Jun 1, 2012.

1. shihonage You see: shelter. Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    You will emerge from a Vault to soon encounter your first settlement, Moiratown. It will be built in the crater of a nuclear explosion...

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  2. AN4RCHID Arcane

AN4RCHID
    If there's one thing I do like about Bethesda, it's how hard they troll their fanbase. Moira surviving was hilarious.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ITZ all actions no consequences approach of post Morrowind Bethpizda which saves them both the angry rants from their consoltard consumer base: Where's Mah Quest Giver! and jewgold spend on developing the alternative paths; Much better Trolling is the Mods will fix our shit games for free while we'll count our shekels attitude. :keepmymoney:
    So ITZ only fair to troll them back and demo their games in Commissar's humble opinion. :troll:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. Jedi Exile Arcane Patron

Jedi Exile
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    You are from Poland, right? Slavic languages are really close to each other.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Space Satan Arcane

Space Satan
    We already know what Fallout 4 will be about. Bethesda could will it with such content and reap billions from target audience
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  6. Akasen Scholar Patron

Akasen
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Why have you fuckers yet to devise an RPG about an ancient warrior named "Codex", who was once the great voice of a religion now tarnished by Bethisda and now must go forth and correct all blasphemy, learning from the wisdom of the wise ones of old and making all who defile the great religion repent?

^ Top  
  7. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Bethpizda now is beyond the repentance; only way for Fallout to find its redemption is good old days Retribution on :hearnoevil: and :balance::

ITZ came and made :incline:.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 25
    ^ Top  
  9. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    :excellent:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    No more newsposts until the countdown is over.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    If Bethesda stays away from the west coast, a new vegas sequel could possibly be made.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Their actual fanbase probably liked it, since Moira surviving means that if you absently minded nuke the town she lives in, you won't fail her quests and miss out on the achievements. Remember the guys who were pissed that killing questgivers in NV caused "Quest failed" to appear onscreen.

^ Top  
  14. set Cipher

set
    A sequel to NV would be a poor decision. Namely because of how varaible it all ends but also because there's no more story to tell. At the end of the day, someone takes control of the region. It would be problematic to make a proper sequel to a game like New Vegas that would satisfy anybody.

A new region has higher potential anyway. The best case scenario is you'd get to see more of The Kings or Veronica again, but their stories are pretty much over, so it'd all just be pointless fanservice. I'd rather start fresh somewhere else. Mexico/Texas could be fun, a chance to see Hispanic influence of architecture and culture.

Canada could be cool too. Maybe you get to explore one of the ancient dev studios of a popular 'RPG' company.

^ Top  
  15. oddech_wymarlych_swiatow Arcane

oddech_wymarlych_swiatow
    IdTech5 or Creation Engine?

^ Top  
  16. set Cipher

set
    Bethesda is very large, right? I would have expected them to start FO4 development a while ago, probably while Skyrim was entering the end of its production? Considering how long ago that was, and how little they knew of the specs of their new primary platforms, I would anticipate another "creation engine" experience.

^ Top  
  17. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    Sweet!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. himmy Arcane

himmy
    Not sure about now, but I remember them saying that immediately after the release of Oblivion they divided duties, such that a part of the team worked on the Oblivion DLCs and the other started pre-production on Fallout 3, with the entire team moving to full production once the DLC business was sorted. If this is the case here, and I don's see why it wouldn't be, Fallout 4 is in the works for 24 months or so and in full-production mode for 12.

^ Top  
  19. set Cipher

set
    I am confident Bethesda will do Fallout justice this time.

I mean, you can't get worse than vampires.

^ Top  
  20. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Holy fuuuuu, why did you make me remember that??:|

Also, Bethesda will follow the latest hipster trends and make an isometric, dialogue heavy, tb crpg.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. tuluse Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

tuluse
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I want everyone to see this. This is what you call tempting fate.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  22. Seerix Arbiter

Seerix
    It probably won't be Creation Engine. Fallout 4 is going to be released no later than late 2014 and then market will be deep in new next-gen and there will be several open world games all looking better than Skyrim and either released or already advertised(Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, that Warhorse game). That combined with all this news of them licensing "Void Engine" based on IdTech is pretty strong indication it'll be new tech. How good it will be, considering it's Bethesda, I have no idea. But if my assumptions are correct we are now very close to Fallout turning into actual corridor shooter. :lol: If RAGE is any indication of what is possible with IdTech :roll:

^ Top  
  23. set Cipher

set
    It is business-sensible to launch your game on the old and new console. The adoption rate of PS4/XB1 isn't that significant yet. Considering the 'Creation Engine' can run on x86, Cell and Whatever 360 is (PPC?), I bet it will be creation engine, especially true if it's coming out before 2014. DA3 will be available on all 'major' platforms next year.

The IdTech stuff will probably be for TESVI and be new consoles and uh, maybe PC.

^ Top  
  24. keppj0nes Educated

keppj0nes
    Fallout 4 is a long way away. They want you to become a slave to their new MMO guys! don't forget! Elder Scrolls Online! remember that?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)