Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Syril, Jun 1, 2012.

1. set Cipher

set
    Is that coming to consoles too? If not, I could see them launching FO4 in 2014 on their primary platforms and 2015 in PC, after TESO goes f2p.

Anyone else excited for FO:O? It will be set in post-apoc New York with the Statue of Liberty as the backdrop.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    ^ Top  
  2. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I wouldn't want a new vegas sequel honestly.
    As someone pointed out, there's no reason for one.
    Rather, North America is a big fucking place. I'd certainly love to see something further east, such as Texas/Northern Mexico.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. set Cipher

set
    Bethesda will go some place dumb, like New York - a place where they can shove the map full of epic skybox-consuming statues/structures.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Boston was confirmed for FO4.
    Now we'll see Whitey Bulger in an all ghoul gang.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes, TESO will be on consoles.

^ Top  
  6. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    :obviously:

^ Top  
  7. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That is still a rumor. I mean, there was a tumlbr rumor and a very obvious fake fallout 4 announcement rumor that Beth showed journalists a trailer behind closed doors. The one where some bell chimes and it was in boston and shit.

I really hope that rumor is wrong because it would mean the institute which would mean stupid android slave analogy which stomps on the fallout lore much moreso than the f3 main quest (if that is possible)

^ Top  
  8. Jedi Exile Arcane Patron

Jedi Exile
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Maybe, but I am not so sure (though I really want them to stop using Gamebryo or how is it called today). Fallout 3 was released in 2008 and it already looked quite dated back then (but it run smoothly on old PCs).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gord Arcane

Gord
    Suppose they upgrade the engine a bit more from the Skyrim version (esp. better shadows and lighting system), it will look good enough for next-gen, esp. since next-gen will be riddled with what will basically be old-gen ports for the next one or two years (FO4 likely being no exception).

^ Top  
  10. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Carry on.

^ Top  
  11. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Not defending FO3 really, but let's remember that the point of that quest was that they were insane assholes larping as vampires.

^ Top  
  12. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    If Bethesda wasn't staffed entirely by idiots, one would be inclined to think it was a subtle meta-commentary on their fanbase.

^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ^ Top  
  14. AstroZombie Arcane

AstroZombie
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I believe Carmack has said iD Tech 5 can't be used for open world games like TES and Fallout.

Bethesda is about to(?) rape FO's corpse again, meanwhile STALKER 2 became a F2P shooter. It's a sad world we live in.

^ Top  
  15. Akasen Scholar Patron

Akasen
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Everyone, let's predict the dialogue of future Developer Walkthroughs by Todd Howard in a poor, but sadly succeeding, attempt to hype Fallout 4.

"Dialogue now has more deep and meaningful impact in the game. It's no longer about making a black or white choice."
    *GRAY ACTIONS CONFIRMED!*

^ Top  
  16. shihonage You see: shelter. Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    I believe it tanked Quake Wars, too, which was an excellent, deep game plagued with performance problems thanks to "megatexture" bullshit. He basically used them as betatesters for Rage.

^ Top  
  17. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Bethesda have said since shortly after buying id that they were not going to use an id engine for Bethesda Game Studios games. The core Fallout and Elder Scrolls team have a good thing going with updating the same old engine and making content for it quickly, and that shit sells great no matter what people on forums say about it.

^ Top  
  18. AstroZombie Arcane

AstroZombie
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I think QW ran on DOOM3's engine with megatextures slapped on it.

^ Top  
  19. railway Educated

railway
    I'd like them to go even further eastwards to Louisiana/Mississippi.
    Drink some whisky, tune the radio to some old blues and shoot mutated alligators with a laser rifle in the swamps.

Then again I don't really look forward to another Bethesda Fallout, no matter the setting (and Obsidian appear pretty occupied with PE).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Yeah, but PE is for now.
    It was how long after FO3 that New Vegas came out?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    Two years minus one week.

^ Top  
  22. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    We got some time then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter

Personally, I would like to see Oregon and beyond. Would love to see New Arroyo and its tribal/vault dweller mixed people, and further north, up to Seattle and such.

I really would't mind Texas either, all-new factions, perhaps Caesar's Legion or what remains of it somewhere in the border, and the mentioned-only "Robot City" briefly talked about in Van Buren designer docs.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. set Cipher

set
    Please, no more Caeser's Leagion. I don't even want to hear about their remnants doing stupid shit. Please let them stay dead.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)