Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Killzig

Cipher
Patron

Perception vid out in the wild now.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
does anyone have a link to the promotional trailer for Fallout 2 where some youngster was asking "what is fallout" ?

Baron

Arcane
Scrooge, Prosper, Ed123, Crispy, Irenaeus, Andhaira, Liberal
You passing on being a member of that party, Infinitron?

Scrooge, Prosper, Ed123, Crispy Cleveland Mark Blakemore, Irenaeus Ironyuri, Andhaira, Liberal

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I liked the combat in Fallout 1 and 2.

I think it fit the game perfectly, unrealistic combat for the unrealistic scenario of a vault dweller or tribal becoming a wasteland death machine in a matter of weeks or months.

Oh, and another thing.

The combat is good because of pacing. You're not wasting time worrying about your crouch position, just lrunning for corners and aiming for eyes.

pippin

Crouching should be a factor in games with guns and that's why Tactics improved a lot in this aspect.

pippin

Barely having combat mechanics vs having actual combat mechanics. Yeah, Tactics improved on that. I'm not talking about the rest.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
It just made the combat tedious as shit.
I'd chalk that up more to maps that forced linear progression (not all), guns with awful base accuracy, enemies with giant health pools, etc. I don't think I had more than a 50% hit chance on a single weapon in that first mission, even when standing on the opposite side of the same waist-high pile of sandbags from the Raider.

Lhynn

Arcane
Fallout tactics had some maps with very good level design. missing like a motherfucker wasnt a problem if you invested in weapon skills, tho the hp bloat was real.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom