Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 ruined Fallout for me

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
eLlt1z3.png

The intelligence option for Fallout 3 cracks me up:lol:

Master

Arbiter
Did it have any use that wasn't covered by the dialogue system? I remember trying to use it in my first playthrough, but ended up ignoring it the rest of the game.

Barely any. It is a good feature in concept, but said features designed to make conversations feel more "alive" only serve to show how unlively NPCs are.
Thinking back, with some npcs it was just that, it felt more alive talking to them.

Darkzone

Arcane
Fallout Frenchise has 3 very good cRPGs (F1~F2 > F:NW) and 2 soild FPS (4 > 3) and one very bad MMOFPS (F:76).
And anyone who claims that F:4 is a better cRPG than F1 is simply retarded and never understood what makes a game to a RPG.
Therefore:
I'll make it very simple and clear: OP is retarded and this thread in not really worth a watch.

Okagron

Prophet
My recent playtrough of NV has shown that it is... not that good! Im not counting mods, just the vanilla game.
To you. To me and many others, it's a very solid CRPG held back by a shit version of an engine.

Master

Arbiter
My recent playtrough of NV has shown that it is... not that good! Im not counting mods, just the vanilla game.
To you. To me and many others, it's a very solid CRPG held back by a shit version of an engine.
Maybe with mods. But i rarely use them. Basically i want the devs to show me what they got on their own, and not some modder to do their work.

Master

Arbiter
Not even then does for example, Agillity affect speed or backpedaling. A modder had to throw that in. Which is just a huge fail.

Deleted Member 16721

NV is excellent, recently played for a couple hundred hours and it isn't held back by anything. It's simply an extremely well-built, well-thought out CRPG. I especially love the little settlements around New Vegas. It makes it seem lived in and real, which I appreciate.

cr0mag

Novice
Might as well just ice the entire series of fallout after the second game. NV is only 'good' cause fallout 3 and 4 suck hard. 76 is so bad at least I can get enjoyment hating on it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom