Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Ships 12 Million Copies in One Day, Breaks all Records in history of video games

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Bethesda announced today that the game shipped 12 million copies worldwide for launch day alone.

The game is generating "record sales" at brick and mortar stores.

Launch day sales at some of the leading retail chains were the largest of any game released.

By comparison, the last game from Bethesda Game Studios,--2011's, Skyrim shipped 7 million in 2 days.

On Steam alone, Fallout 4 was the top-played game at launch, at one time reaching over 470,000 concurrent players, this blasted a previous record set by GTA V.

Finally, Bethesda said Fallout 4 set a new record to become the most-viewed game launch for any new game released so far this year.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-ships-12-million-copies-in-one-day-break/1100-6432277/

racofer

Thread Incliner
qwSgx6Y.png

Brumaire

Educated
On Steam alone, Fallout 4 was the top-played game at launch, at one time reaching over 470,000 concurrent players, this blasted a previous record set by GTA V.
It's worth remembering that Fallout 4 is Steam only, whereas the only way to get GTA V on Steam is to buy it there. Otherwise (if you buy a box or from another reseller), the version you get is Rockstar Social Club only.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda added, noting that the Pip-Boy Edition became the fastest-selling collector's edition for any game in history "at leading retailers."

:lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bethesda continues to refine their ability to give the largest amount of people what they want while game journalists finally realize they're not that great.

Lhynn

Arcane
Game could have been a video loop of todd fucking your wallet and it would have sold the exact same amount of copies.

Jerker

Educated
I really hope millions of unsold copies end up buried in a landfill, ushering in a 'tripple A' video games market crash.
:flamesaw:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bethesda continues to refine their ability to give the largest amount of people what they want while game journalists finally realize they're not that great.

It's like Call of Duty, only because the games only come out once every 3-4 years instead of annually it took them a much longer time to realize.

hpstg

Savant
Any chance that it might be actually... Good news? This game comes with the promise of being able to interact in a big world and "role play" around situations, using the world. The numbers indicate that a lot of people who have never touched anything approaching an RPG will get it. Maybe some of them will start looking for more... refined experiences? If just 5% of the total buyers try to find something more complex, isn't that good news? (Insert Codexian superiority complex standard phrases here).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's been a meme on 9gag and other shitposting sites for months, the hype spread all by itself even without marketing, even the non-gamer crowd knew about it, Bethesda has become one of the most popular devs around thanks to Skyrim and all the hype and memes that one generated (LOL ARROW TO THE KNEE). This isn't surprising.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Keyword "Ships"

Atari ET ships 5 million copy, too. For someone who didn't know.
On the other hand, millions of retards are playing it on Steam. No doubt it'll sell about as much as Skyrim, didn't matter how bad the game would turn out to be. Hype and marketing is all that matters in this industry.

pippin

I really hope millions of unsold copies end up buried in a landfill, ushering in a 'tripple A' video games market crash.
:flamesaw:

Oh, unsold copies will suffer a fate worse than being landfill material, they will end up at Goodwill.
It kinda amuses me how you can find boxed deluxe editions of games in many goodwill stores and flea markets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom