Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Daedalos, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Fluent Arcane Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    Or I'm like the tens of millions of others who have played them and enjoyed them, rather than the vocal minority of a few hundred people on the Codex who like to smell their own farts and think Beth games are bad because lol edgy.

• retadred x 5
    • Shit x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Okagron Erudite

Okagron
    The fucking shitty "argument" that somehow popularity makes the game immune to criticism. Following that idiotic logic, we should only criticize games that bombed or weren't really popular.

And people hate Bethesda games not because "lol edgy", they are genuinely bad. Far too many issues that are too easy to notice for the games to be "fine on their own". They are an afront to good game design and you are a major decline enabler for even defending them. You don't get to call anyone a decline enabler, which you have in the past, and defend some of the biggest cases of decline.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    I don't think anyone here is actually saying that, except for a select few where modders gonna modders. What people saying here is that good mods doesn't automatically make a bad game good or redeem it whatsoever.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Squadcar Learned

Squadcar
    "A million screaming fans could never be wrong!" Yeah okay, you tell me that about pop music, dietary choices, etc.

Millions of people McDonalds everyday and so should I!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Loostreaks Learned

Loostreaks
    Didn't you brag about your outstanding IQ and how they had to move you into "advanced class", because you were so far ahead of the "normies"?
    But you somehow advocate for that deep and sophisticated design of Bethesda. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    At this point, with every single posts just slightly criticize Beth's games for what they are being rated with fake news by Fluent, I hereby petition to tag him with [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
    ^ Top  
  7. The Dutch Ghost Learned

The Dutch Ghost
    Or the classic "Eat shit! Millions of flies can't be wrong."

In all seriousness as vanilla games they are poor hiking simulators, showing you places that may be interesting from a distance but the moment you get closer you realize how much potential at world building and plot writing has been wasted because the writers A. Couldn't write themselves out of a wet bag, and/or B. Bethesda's design team (and probably marketing) thinks Fallout is all about the recycled elements from Fallout 1 and 2. (BOS, FEV, Super Mutants, Ghouls, Enclave, Vault Boy, oh and 50s pop culture which apparently the US got stuck in after World War 2)

Yesterday I visited a game store to see if they had any decent games for sale. In a cabinet in the corner they had a load of vault boy statues in various poses. All I could feel was sadness as I looked at his happy smile.
    He/Fallout got killed, stuffed, and put on display.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Fucking mongo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Black Angel Arcane

Black Angel
    Especially considering that none of Beth's Fallouts has Slayer, which is a must-have perk for barbarians build.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Fluent Arcane Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    I'd rather be that then whatever hideous beast you are.

• butthurt butthurt x 4
    • cuck cuck x 2
    • Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Typical mongo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Not gonna say I agree they're great games, but Codex does hate on them to a more extreme degree than they deserve for the most part (after playing them for 100 hours of course). I think it's because Daggerfall, Morrowind and the original Fallouts they had nothing to do with are all classics, and their newer games are more derpy sandbox explorefag games, and the butthurt over that is real. I feel it myself, Oblivion and Fallout 3 especially were like a wet hot stream of piss on my face at the time. I think Skyrim is a good bit better than those, far from perfect but better, however some can't get past the pain. Fallout 4 getting more derpy again didn't help. Telling us "mainsteam who never played Fallout or Daggerfall like 'em dudes!" doesn't really change anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Is Far Harbor worth playing?

• Yes Yes x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. jf8350143 Learned

jf8350143
    Yes, it's the best content the game has to offer. Better than any other DLC and the base game.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    I think it's ok. Probably the best DLC for Fallout 4.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Far Harbor is good.
    Skill checks, decently written factions, morally ambiguous characters, sort of reputation system, actual recurring themes instead of crudely lumped fanservice and lolrandom humor. Everything feels cohesive - the island has its own lore, monsters are thematically fitting - instead of supermutants and shit we're going to meet giant hermit crabs, mutant shrimps and other coastal and marine fauna. Devs even came up with half decent reason for raiders to be murderous assholes.

This DLC made me feel optimistic for the future of series, but then F76 happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Might as well play the Vegas mod that Far harbour copies or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    it was just a small sidequest, Far Harbor's main plot is different.

^ Top  
  19. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    To be fair it was a side project mostly developed by a different team entirely. The actual BGS we know and love (to hate) have been working on Starwhatever the whole time.

^ Top  
  20. HarveyBirdman Learned

HarveyBirdman
    Is it actually worth playing? Like for real? I wouldn't mind having some C&C interspersed with DOOM combat.

^ Top  
  21. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    it is worth playing. Dunno where you read about doom combat though.

^ Top  
  22. HarveyBirdman Learned

HarveyBirdman
    Combat feels like shitty DOOM: rather fluid (the one positive), unload a bunch of ammo, run straight into enemies without dying, etc.

^ Top  
  23. Assisted Living Godzilla Savant

Assisted Living Godzilla
    Bethesda Games Studio makes some pretty horrendous shit. They make action games, and I'm not saying they're bad because they're action games, because I love action games; but when the driving force behind your game is "go to this place and kill shit" the killing shit part of your game should at least be good.

I think the design of their games can ingratiate hate more than most styles of games, they're mindless time sinks that people can get pretty deep into before asking themselves: Why the fuck am I playing this? Funnily enough it seems like even their audience hit this point with Fallout 76. Bethesda's Games Studio's seemingly steadfast commitment to never improving the flaws of their games doesn't help anything either. It's going to be interesting to see their upcoming stuff, because it sounds like even their most staunch fans are demanding changes now; and the shit that does what they're doing in one way or another has just been compiling over the years, and getting more high profile.

^ Top  
  24. Yosharian Cipher

Yosharian
    The problem with Far Harbour is that it's attached to Fallout 4. Last time I played the game, by the time I got around to FH, I'd already done most of Fallout 4 main quests, and all of Nuka World (bleh), so I was about ready to throw my computer in the bin.

^ Top  
  25. Xeon Liturgist

Xeon
    Didn't they say the delay of TES6 was mostly because of TES Online? Fallout 5 probably won't be out for 10 or something years because of 76 even tho it sucked.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)