Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Insert Title Here

That's the MIRV Fat Man which is known to have a LOT of issues (sometimes it just launches the nukes at your feet and kills you) so in this specific case as far as the low damage, I suspect there's another problem. I don't know the specifics of this instance but I have a hard time believing you could hit a behemoth with all projectiles of a MIRV normally and do hardly any damage, unless the video uploader just intentionally staged the most extreme scenario possible by having no adrenaline on Survival or any relevant perks against a very highly scaled enemy at level >70.

Point being this seems more likely a bug than a feature, in response to people criticizing the damage output. So it's still bad but for a different reason.

I think you could also hit children in the groin with a sledgehammer and they'd just get upset and run away.

What? Those fucking kids in the original Fallouts were so easy to kill I've killed them with stray bullets.

Can't remember if I ever tried punching them, but I usually had like a Kenshiro kind of character that could explode people with punches.

YldriE

Learned

Reminds of me Dragon Ball Z when a character chimps out and starts fireballing continuously as the smoke cloud gets bigger and bigger, and then the enemy just casually walks out of the smoke. Bonus points for the "HA HA HA HA- ...uuuh!" when he realises the enemy is unarmed.

Insert Title Here
Is that a sixpack of nukes being shot there or smth?

Yes, the MIRV modification of the Fat Man in Fallout 4 turns your shots into cluster bombs, but it often does wonky stuff like not allowing the bombs to separate as shown in the video. Also, sometimes they will just stop mid-air halfway into the shot and fall directly downward.

i bought this. BOUGHT THIS! BOUGHT THIS ABOMINATION! because with a hundred mods it turns into a cute "the sims: stalker edition" game which is exactly my kind of itch in this moment. 7.5 euros for the complete game, no more, it's not worth that much. anyway, i was having my share of entertainment when a mod broke. "give me that bottle" stopped working properly, i can't fill bottles anymore, and honestly without it the game makes no sense: according to bethesda once you drink from a bottle it disintegrates into thin air, 200g of glass just disappear in the atmosphere.
this is all my fault, i shouldn't have given bethestards my money.
but i'd welcome an alternative or a workaround, if you know any.

soulburner

Cipher
Won this game here in a giveaway. Played for about 40 hours and can't force myself to continue. Even when trying to change my mindset to "this is not an RPG" it still sucks. Still keep it on my disk for some reason...

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Won this game here in a giveaway. Played for about 40 hours and can't force myself to continue. Even when trying to change my mindset to "this is not an RPG" it still sucks. Still keep it on my disk for some reason...

The game gets REALLY good 200 hours in, you haven't even scratched the surface. Believe me, I'm honest, to demonstrate that I'm willing to dox myself, here's a photo of my student days:

c04.png

Signed,
Rod Thomas

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's because you're playing it wrong.
You're supposed to mod it until it crashes.

some guy gave me an alternative mod which turned out sort of sometimes better. i can keep hurting myself today to see if i still feel, to focus on the pain, the only thing that's real.

ithis is all my fault, i shouldn't have given bethestards my money.

I bought it in October (GOTY, ~10$) and haven't played more than 3 or 4 hours since. I hope it'll click one day but for now it's like I'm playing Fallout 3 mod that improves graphics and gunplay but dumbs down dialogues... I just cannot think of it as of separate product with its own identity.

"dumbs down dialogue". come on, you know that's not possible, "[intelligence] so you fight the good fight" is top of the line, closely followed by "for my research go step on landmines" and "-i do drugs -don't do drugs -i won't do drugs".
with 60 mods (i didn't add everything i found interesting because then stability goes through the window), totally ignoring the plot, survival difficulty (which is almost on misery levels but you respawn so you're out of that sticky situation and can go look for easier opponents), horizon and some of the other mandatory stuff, it's entertaining if you like to scavenge and build small communities of derelicts.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
but dumbs down dialogues
You skip all the dialog (Protip: gotta be a bit carefull, sometimes the blabbing isn't actual dialog and you'll shoot someone in the face) unless you feel like a quick grin, the voice acting and lines are so derrr it would not surprise me one bit if this was done on purpose.
This is not an rpg, it's an FPS post-apocalyptic-retardo-land-loot-a-thon™ and should be enjoyed as such.
Obviously:
You're supposed to mod it until it crashes.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
When I look at the sales I can't even blame them.
They're not gonna cater to tastes of a minority of grogs. It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.
Accept that AAA games aren't for you, and just look forward to smaller, indie passion projects.
For grognards, by grognards.
And don't forget to enjoy the sense of superiority cause of your patrician taste in comparison to those filthy mainstream plebs. That always helps.

Walden

Savant
Is there any Requiem-like mod to make it less.. uh.. is there any Requiem-like mod? Also something to improve the survival side, like Frostfall and shit.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

fallout 4? as an RPg... no. As a fallout? hell no!!!!
As a wonky wacky shooter that is also full of mods? Well yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom