Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Old Hans

Arcane
fallout 4? as an RPg... no. As a fallout? hell no!!!!
As a wonky wacky shooter that is also full of mods? Well yes.
the last time I played it, I treated it like rogue like iron man game. I moved into Hangman's Alley and id take generic fetch quests from the brotherhood of steel at the police station. it was more fun than the actual story

Bawagan

Novice
Fallout 76 with the latest update came pretty close to the quality of Fallout 4.... Which isn't saying much.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Fallout 76 with the latest update came pretty close to the quality of Fallout 4.... Which isn't saying much.

It was enough for some people on Steam to say that "Bethesda had learned its lesson."
It only shows that all Bethesda needs to do to fix their crap designed games is do some superficial fixes because most of its audience are indeed gullible idiots.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So I was perusing the nexus before slapping some lipstick onto this turd for the first time and found this:

45455-1591192789-938389844.png

This mod adds t-shirt outfits, face masks, protest signs and craftable flags, to bring attention to the Black Lives Matter movement and show our support.

Ok then.

A day latter this mod was uploaded:
45469-1591690892-1149870011.jpeg

Tired of rights movements flooding your Fallout game that don't seem to make sense in the Fallout-verse? Do you enjoy a more nuanced approach to real-world issues without them being so in-your-face and blatantly pandering about it? Do you want to support things that are actually Lore-Friendly and make sense? Then this mod is FOR YOU!

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45455
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45469

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Coming back to Fallout 4...

I'm playing it right now, for completionist sake propably. It's a surprisingly nice shooter and as expected, a bad role playing game. However, I must say I was quite impressed by Far Harbor. It seemed like Bethesda for once abandoned its design principles and made a story with actual interesting factions, some big choices and consequences, and a really atmospheric non-generic location - the mysterious island drowned in radioactive fog. Hell, even characters were interesting, especially DiMA. A pleasant surprise indeed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Fallout 4 Enhanced Edition, coming soon

Hopefully breaking all mods for the sixth time again, making everybody so pissed off that they drop the game and come back to NV.
No I mean it's a mod list called F4EE, by Augspeed

V1.2 is coming soon

And by that I mean not any time soon

But it should be the best way to play F4 yet, granted that isn't saying much due to how shit base F4 is, but still

And you'll be able to install it in 30 mins due to Wabbajack

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Hopefully breaking all mods for the sixth time again, making everybody so pissed off that they drop the game and come back to NV.

V1.2 is coming soon

But it should be the best way to play F4 yet, granted that isn't saying much due to how shit base F4 is, but still

This game needs an alternate start option like the one FWE had in Fallout 3 back then, otherwise this enhancement isn't an enhancement after all.

Yosharian

Arcane

V1.2 is coming soon

This game needs an alternate start option like the one FWE had in Fallout 3 back then, otherwise this enhancement isn't an enhancement after all.
Oh yes, it has that. It uses the Start Me Up mod, which not only gives you alternate start locations (and thus backgrounds), but ALSO gives you the opportunity to play as someone who isn't Shaun's father. That means that it makes modifications to EVERY. SINGLE. DIALOGUE. that references Shaun. It's a fantastic mod.

Here's a quick video

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

V1.2 is coming soon

Oh yes, it has that. It uses the Start Me Up mod, which not only gives you alternate start locations (and thus backgrounds), but ALSO gives you the opportunity to play as someone who isn't Shaun's father. That means that it makes modifications to EVERY. SINGLE. DIALOGUE. that references Shaun. It's a fantastic mod.

Here's a quick video

That is actually very interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
but ALSO gives you the opportunity to play as someone who isn't Shaun's father.
I am pretty sure when I did a run as Codexia she was not his father. But who am I to assume gender...

Actually it was the most fun I could have in the unmodded game, pretending it was just the kid of your roommate some ex had dumped in front of his door. And you did not give a shit about. He ran off with the kid and took it with him in the freezer after all.
Twas a little harder to do the mental gymnastics to make everyone praising a housewife's superior combat skill and being a valuable force multiplyer valid...
Probably because she could pick a corose clean in less than on second.
Where she learned to undress people that fast remains a mystery tho... :roll:

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I am pretty sure when I did a run as Codexia she was not his father. But who am I to assume gender...

Actually it was the most fun I could have in the unmodded game, pretending it was just the kid of your roommate some ex had dumped in front of his door. And you did not give a shit about. He ran off with the kid and took it with him in the freezer after all.
Twas a little harder to do the mental gymnastics to make everyone praising a housewife's superior combat skill and being a valuable force multiplyer valid...
Does your post have a point, at all?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Does your post have a point, at all?
Does yours?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I'm playing it right now, for completionist sake propably. It's a surprisingly nice shooter and as expected, a bad role playing game. However, I must say I was quite impressed by Far Harbor. It seemed like Bethesda for once abandoned its design principles and made a story with actual interesting factions, some big choices and consequences, and a really atmospheric non-generic location - the mysterious island drowned in radioactive fog. Hell, even characters were interesting, especially DiMA. A pleasant surprise indeed.

On the other hand, Automatron dlc proved to be a dissapointment. It offered just a few more hours of constant fighing against robots, several locations - pretty but not distinct enough - and a lackluster villain. Plus a meaningless choice at the end (you get mechanist armor even if you decide to show mercy).

Possibility of crafting robot companions was nice, but overall the dlc was pretty unsatisfying.

Now only Nuka-World remains...

Wunderbar

Arcane

On the other side, Automatron dlc proved to be a dissapointment. It offered just a few more hours of constant fighing against robots, several locations - pretty but not distinct enough - and a lackluster villain. Plus a meaningless choice at the end (you get mechanist armor even if you decide to show mercy).

Possibility of crafting robot companions was nice, but overall the dlc was pretty underwhelming.

Now only Nuka-World remains...
Far Harbor is by far the best piece of Fallout 4 content.
Nuka world is just another location where you kill robots/raiders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom