Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Shammy

Learned
NV is not generally considered better than Fallout 3 (and rightfully so). The bigger issue would be that Bethesda is really fucking sensitive and Sawyer stepped on their toes a couple of times.
Pretty sure it's the other way around, like universally so. Ironic tag or not you really can't say that NV is worse than 3 when it improves upon the base game both gameplay-wise and RPG-wise.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it improves on some things but is inferior on others (exploration and dungeon crawling, primarily, as NV has very few dungeons). If you value that over c&c shit (IE: if you're not a disgusting storyfag like half the people here) fallout 3 is just plain better.

Mozg

Arcane
Remember guys, enough radiation turns anyone into a ghoul in the bethpizda universe, even when you literally eat a nuke in the face.
5zLdHSE.jpg

Imagine Bethesda writing a character distinctively enough that they didn't have to make sure he's been wearing the same clothes for centuries so you will know who he is.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So far, the dumbest thing I've seen is the obviously-synthetic detective in a town where everyone's paranoid about synths. It's nowhere near as dumb as FO3's vampires or Little Lamplight, but still...what the fuck were they thinking?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
why do people keep bitching about fo3 vampires, what's so weird about a bizarre cult in a post-apocalyptic setting? We have people IRL today who think they're vampires and larp it religiously so it's not even out of place in a more mundane setting. If anything they didn't go far enough, having the vampires be mutants with some actual vampire abilities would have been much better (post-apocalyptic and vampires blend very well ie: vampire hunter D). If anything Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) suffers from considerable creative bankruptcy resulting from trying to keep shit down to earth too much, deviating only in ways similar to fallout 1/2. mutant vampires/werewolves/psychics(like in planet of the apes)/cyborg sorcerers (like in thundarr the barbarian), there's plenty of shit they could steal from other settings or come up with on their own to make the setting richer instead of rehash of the same fucking thing (why are supermutants even a thing anymore?) over and over again.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
it improves on some things but is inferior on others (exploration and dungeon crawling, primarily, as NV has very few dungeons). If you value that over c&c shit (IE: if you're not a disgusting storyfag like half the people here) fallout 3 is just plain better.
NV has much better dungeons then FO3, what the fuck are you talking about?

If you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
why do people keep bitching about fo3 vampires, what's so weird about a bizarre cult in a post-apocalyptic setting? We have people IRL today who think they're vampires and larp it religiously
We do, and those people are lame. I have no problem with actual vampires in a post-apoc setting, but all FO3 had was a bunch of faggoty LARPers.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
NV has much better dungeons then FO3, what the fuck are you talking about?

If you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it.

NV's dungeon quality is about the same as FO3, but it has far fewer of them, so it's a wash.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Shaun

Did Codex spoil the game wrong? Doesn't say he's a synth here.
Oh shit, your disappeared kid is called Shaun?

I think they should tweak the VATS to be a scanning system to show the player (provided they have enough time to complete the scan or something) to figure out the best spot for a critical hit, or where to specifically hit for a critical shot. I don't know, just thinking of how to make it seem more 'interesting' besides "lolslowmo, bro"

Yeah, this would be a good use of the first person aiming, particularly since you can already aim for specific body parts outside of VATS mode so using it felt more like a crutch. Bonus points if it didn't just show you the obvious like shooting a raider in the head because he doesn't have a helmet.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
also just to clarify my tag isn't ironic, I've earned it and must live up to it. Bethesda remains my favorite RPG developer, even if they are getting shittier and shittier, simply because aside from diablo clones nobody else makes the kind of rpgs I like anymore.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Imagine Bethesda writing a character distinctively enough that they didn't have to make sure he's been wearing the same clothes for centuries so you will know who he is.
i deem this meme-worthy :M
m7bXoGB.jpg

I would still be wearing those clothes, too. Classy.

(also not made of junk and car tires)

We do, and those people are lame. I have no problem with actual vampires in a post-apoc setting, but all FO3 had was a bunch of faggoty LARPers.

Well, they do teach you how to use blood as a healing item, so to be fair they're not just larping. :M

dextermorgan

Arcane
Eventhough I disagree with Josh in some area designing CRPG, he will without doubt came up better idea than those fucktard in Bethesda that dared called themselves "Developer".
I think it's a bit unfair to pin this on developers. The biggest problem with post-Morrowind bethesda games is not the coding, animation or art direction (problematic as they may be). It's the fact that they are offensively stupid, and the reason why they are such is the fact that that the game development is being helmed by a retard who couldn't put together a complex sentence to save his life.

Deleted member 7219

also just to clarify my tag isn't ironic, I've earned it and must live up to it. Bethesda remains my favorite RPG developer, even if they are getting shittier and shittier, simply because aside from diablo clones nobody else makes the kind of rpgs I like anymore.

I salute your honesty and bravery. It takes a brave man to stand up for Bethesda on the Codex (or a retarded one).

You're completely deluded and wrong, of course. Bethesda have sunk so low now. I thought Skyrim was a good game, but Fallout 4 is a piece of shit.

But if they let Obsidian make another Fallout game, with true SPECIAL/skills/traits/perks and their dialogue system restored, that would go a long fucking way in restoring their reputation. I used to like them. Morrowind is one of my favourite RPGs.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Is Behavior Interactive even capable of producing a full-scale game like that? Their last offering was WET wasn't it? That was a massive piece of shit.
By the way, do you want to run DAC? Taluntain's looking for a man with the courage to step up and administrate it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
I salute your honesty and bravery. It takes a brave man to stand up for Bethesda on the Codex (or a retarded one).

You're completely deluded and wrong, of course. Bethesda have sunk so low now. I thought Skyrim was a good game, but Fallout 4 is a piece of shit.

But if they let Obsidian make another Fallout game, with true SPECIAL/skills/traits/perks and their dialogue system restored, that would go a long fucking way in restoring their reputation. I used to like them. Morrowind is one of my favourite RPGs.

I'm probably the only person here who likes Oblivion more than Skyrim so there should be general agreement that bethesda aren't on a direct downward trajectory, even if the codex's assessment of Fallout 4 is correct (I will never trust the codex to accurately assess a bethesda game, but the fact that I can't even get the game to run doesn't speak well of bethesda).

And how would letting obsidian make another game restore their reputation? Either they make shit games or they don't, letting another developer create an rpg with their IP does dick for their reputation to me (particularly since obsidian emphasizes things I don't give a shit about more while de-emphasizing shit I do give a fuck about).

rado907

Savant
They are not that shitty, Skyrim was a fine game and a spectacular improvement on Oblivion and Fallout 3.
Though from what I heard their MMO sucked.

Any LP of this I can watch, so I can view this train wreck in action with out having to actually play it. Preferably by some one with proper :monocle: taste (though why some one like that would play it is beyond me), rather than some mouth breather that thinks its the awesumest thing ever.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Any LP of this I can watch, so I can view this train wreck in action with out having to actually play it. Preferably by some one with proper :monocle: taste (though why some one like that would play it is beyond me), rather than some mouth breather that thinks its the awesumest thing ever.

RK47 does it, check codex lp thread.

It's Video LP though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom