Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Daedalos, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    I would still be wearing those clothes, too. Classy.

(also not made of junk and car tires)

Well, they do teach you how to use blood as a healing item, so to be fair they're not just larping. :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. dextermorgan Arcane

dextermorgan
    I think it's a bit unfair to pin this on developers. The biggest problem with post-Morrowind bethesda games is not the coding, animation or art direction (problematic as they may be). It's the fact that they are offensively stupid, and the reason why they are such is the fact that that the game development is being helmed by a retard who couldn't put together a complex sentence to save his life.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    ^ Top  
  4. Rean Codex Grammar Police Patron

Rean
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I salute your honesty and bravery. It takes a brave man to stand up for Bethesda on the Codex (or a retarded one).

You're completely deluded and wrong, of course. Bethesda have sunk so low now. I thought Skyrim was a good game, but Fallout 4 is a piece of shit.

But if they let Obsidian make another Fallout game, with true SPECIAL/skills/traits/perks and their dialogue system restored, that would go a long fucking way in restoring their reputation. I used to like them. Morrowind is one of my favourite RPGs.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    By the way, do you want to run DAC? Taluntain's looking for a man with the courage to step up and administrate it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    I'm probably the only person here who likes Oblivion more than Skyrim so there should be general agreement that bethesda aren't on a direct downward trajectory, even if the codex's assessment of Fallout 4 is correct (I will never trust the codex to accurately assess a bethesda game, but the fact that I can't even get the game to run doesn't speak well of bethesda).

And how would letting obsidian make another game restore their reputation? Either they make shit games or they don't, letting another developer create an rpg with their IP does dick for their reputation to me (particularly since obsidian emphasizes things I don't give a shit about more while de-emphasizing shit I do give a fuck about).

^ Top  
  7. rado907 Learned

rado907
    They are not that shitty, Skyrim was a fine game and a spectacular improvement on Oblivion and Fallout 3.
    Though from what I heard their MMO sucked.

^ Top  
  8. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    the mmo was probably made by another team

^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Bethesda didn't make that MMO.

^ Top  
  10. Merkwürdigliebe Arcane

Merkwürdigliebe
    Any LP of this I can watch, so I can view this train wreck in action with out having to actually play it. Preferably by some one with proper :monocle: taste (though why some one like that would play it is beyond me), rather than some mouth breather that thinks its the awesumest thing ever.

^ Top  
  11. Kazuki Prophet

Kazuki
    RK47 does it, check codex lp thread.

It's Video LP though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    I don't think much of Josh, but you are correct. Todd is simply an awful game designer.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    ^ Top  
  14. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    Todd is the project lead (director).

^ Top  
  15. Mastermind Arcane Patron Bethestard

Mastermind
    project director doesn't usually do much (if any) design, especially at a big company like bethesda. at best todd probably nodded his empty head at pagliarulo & co's bullshit.

it's also why he ends up telling so many lies, he has no idea what is going on down on the ground, he just gives press interviews and directs shit at a macro level.

^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    i didn't even know it still existed.

edit:
    http://www.duckandcover.cx/

wow, yeah, it needs some technical work too. Someone made a news post with a large image and now the sidebar is off my screen.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Athos Arcane

Athos
    According to what he said countless times, he plays every iteration of the game, so he has to give the greenlight.

^ Top  
  18. pippin Guest

pippin
    It was made by Zenimax, but Zenimax is pretty much Bethesda's business name, so to speak. I wonder if Beth knew it was a subpar work and didn't wanted to have their name directly associated with it.

^ Top  
  19. Gathering Educated

Gathering
    Since no one else really has I'll report on how the Brotherhood of Steel lore is twisted and shit on even further than in Fallout 3.
    Show Spoiler
    You first meet the BoS when responding to a distress signal that you can receive very soon after starting the game proper. You show up and you see a dude in power armor shooting at ghouls that are attacking their position and a scribe attending to a wounded knight. You begin shooting at the ghouls most likely. (I assume you can kill the scribe and the knight if you want but the paladin is an essential companion so he's invincible no matter what.)

After the ridiculously large wave of ghouls is dead the paladin turns to you and asks what your business is. Even though you begin the quest by getting a radio distress call from them you are not allowed to tell him that's why you came there. You literally can't fucking tell him, there is no dialogue for it. The best you can say is that you are just trying to survive in the wasteland, the other answer is to tell him to mind his own business. (I'm guessing they rewrote the quest and didn't have timer to redo the dialogue or the writer for the quest had a stroke. I mean who the fuck are they even broadcasting to, they are the recon team, there are no BoS there besides them I'm pretty sure. They are literally asking outsiders help them in a life or death situation. I don't believe the real BoS would do that.)

So afterwards the paladin thanks you and says that he is in the BoS and that since you helped you can feel free to loot the police station they are going to garrison. Also the paladin's name is Danse and he sounds like Buzz Lightyear. So then you can take on three new quests from here, the scribe assigns you a random location to get a random piece of technology from and the knight asks you to go to a random location and kill everything that exists there. They never stop giving these quests to my knowledge. I don't even know if they are programmed in or if the radiant quest system from Skyrim has made a return. So basically fuck those quests.

The actual quest that somebody at bethesda "wrote" is given by Paladin Danse the worst BoS Paladin in existence. You'll find out why in a bit. So he asks for your help to secure a piece of technology. Why he doesn't ask the knight and why he asks for you, a random savage, for help is beyond me. Maybe the knight is still supposed to wounded or something, yet he is walking around just fine. I have no idea. Anyways you agree and you and invincible Paladin Danse go on a romantic and slow as hell walk then you go through a building there is a bunch of shooting and after that you get the tech. Paladin Danse says you did good and recruits you into the BoS and gives you his personal laser right there and then. Yep a paladin gave a wastelander he barely knows a coveted piece of pre-war tech.

So with all that my friends and I came up with a theory. Paladin Danse is not a real paladin. He just dresses like one and recruits random people he meets into his LARP group. I bet he tried to join and was rejected. I bet Danse was the name of the BoS soldier he killed and buttfucked and then stole the armor of. It is the only way to explain these strange behaviors. So later on the BoS shows up in force and the elder request to see you and Danse personally. Yep the elder wants to see you for some fucking reason. You go see him. The Elder is 20 years old or something and he gives you a speech and then you are promoted to knighthood and given power armor. Just because Danse trusts you. Along the way Danse makes comments about how the BoS is the last hope for the commonwealth and that he wished the people understood their true intentions of peace and love.

So fuck you writer at Bethesda. I hope you choked while laughing at the shit you are purposefully writing poorly to hurt my feelings. I hope you choke on my tears.

• Brofist Brofist x 15
    ^ Top  
  20. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The fact that the model looks better as a ghoul than as a human speaks volumes.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    I wouldn't put the bos above asking for help if they're getting their shit pushed in, they aren't suicidal fanatics (and dying means some wastelander will loot the tech off your corpse, for added insult). It's just that such a situation almost never happens since they're usually the better armed group in the entire area. It's really stupid that neither you nor the paladin mention the distress call, though. You think they would be interested on that fancy pipboy that you used to pick up the signal...

(edit: also if anyone would be interested in knowing someone who has seen the pre-war world, it's them, but I doubt they ever ask you more than a few questions before sending you to the frontline)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Sankarihauta Arbiter

Sankarihauta
    I will run DAC.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The MMO was made by a different Bethesda studio, not BGS. They're in a different city.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Genma:TheDestroyer Arcane

Genma:TheDestroyer
    If they were really that interested you'd think they could simply track down a number of Ghouls and ask them. A strange amount of them used to be engineers or scientists or picked the skills up while scavenging out in the wastes. And Ghouls are treated bad enough that most will tell you what they know for a reasonably safe place to live and basic necessities.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Does anything happen if you're wearing power armor when meeting the guy?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)