Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
project director doesn't usually do much (if any) design, especially at a big company like bethesda. at best todd probably nodded his empty head at pagliarulo & co's bullshit.

it's also why he ends up telling so many lies, he has no idea what is going on down on the ground, he just gives press interviews and directs shit at a macro level.

Athos

Arcane
project director doesn't usually do much (if any) design, especially at a big company like bethesda. at best todd probably nodded his empty head at pagliarulo & co's bullshit.

it's also why he ends up telling so many lies, he has no idea what is going on down on the ground, he just gives press interviews and directs shit at a macro level.
According to what he said countless times, he plays every iteration of the game, so he has to give the greenlight.

pippin

Bethesda didn't make that MMO.

It was made by Zenimax, but Zenimax is pretty much Bethesda's business name, so to speak. I wonder if Beth knew it was a subpar work and didn't wanted to have their name directly associated with it.

Gathering

Educated
Since no one else really has I'll report on how the Brotherhood of Steel lore is twisted and shit on even further than in Fallout 3.
You first meet the BoS when responding to a distress signal that you can receive very soon after starting the game proper. You show up and you see a dude in power armor shooting at ghouls that are attacking their position and a scribe attending to a wounded knight. You begin shooting at the ghouls most likely. (I assume you can kill the scribe and the knight if you want but the paladin is an essential companion so he's invincible no matter what.)

After the ridiculously large wave of ghouls is dead the paladin turns to you and asks what your business is. Even though you begin the quest by getting a radio distress call from them you are not allowed to tell him that's why you came there. You literally can't fucking tell him, there is no dialogue for it. The best you can say is that you are just trying to survive in the wasteland, the other answer is to tell him to mind his own business. (I'm guessing they rewrote the quest and didn't have timer to redo the dialogue or the writer for the quest had a stroke. I mean who the fuck are they even broadcasting to, they are the recon team, there are no BoS there besides them I'm pretty sure. They are literally asking outsiders help them in a life or death situation. I don't believe the real BoS would do that.)

So afterwards the paladin thanks you and says that he is in the BoS and that since you helped you can feel free to loot the police station they are going to garrison. Also the paladin's name is Danse and he sounds like Buzz Lightyear. So then you can take on three new quests from here, the scribe assigns you a random location to get a random piece of technology from and the knight asks you to go to a random location and kill everything that exists there. They never stop giving these quests to my knowledge. I don't even know if they are programmed in or if the radiant quest system from Skyrim has made a return. So basically fuck those quests.

The actual quest that somebody at bethesda "wrote" is given by Paladin Danse the worst BoS Paladin in existence. You'll find out why in a bit. So he asks for your help to secure a piece of technology. Why he doesn't ask the knight and why he asks for you, a random savage, for help is beyond me. Maybe the knight is still supposed to wounded or something, yet he is walking around just fine. I have no idea. Anyways you agree and you and invincible Paladin Danse go on a romantic and slow as hell walk then you go through a building there is a bunch of shooting and after that you get the tech. Paladin Danse says you did good and recruits you into the BoS and gives you his personal laser right there and then. Yep a paladin gave a wastelander he barely knows a coveted piece of pre-war tech.

So with all that my friends and I came up with a theory. Paladin Danse is not a real paladin. He just dresses like one and recruits random people he meets into his LARP group. I bet he tried to join and was rejected. I bet Danse was the name of the BoS soldier he killed and buttfucked and then stole the armor of. It is the only way to explain these strange behaviors. So later on the BoS shows up in force and the elder request to see you and Danse personally. Yep the elder wants to see you for some fucking reason. You go see him. The Elder is 20 years old or something and he gives you a speech and then you are promoted to knighthood and given power armor. Just because Danse trusts you. Along the way Danse makes comments about how the BoS is the last hope for the commonwealth and that he wished the people understood their true intentions of peace and love.

So fuck you writer at Bethesda. I hope you choked while laughing at the shit you are purposefully writing poorly to hurt my feelings. I hope you choke on my tears.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
m7bXoGB.jpg

The fact that the model looks better as a ghoul than as a human speaks volumes.

I wouldn't put the bos above asking for help if they're getting their shit pushed in, they aren't suicidal fanatics (and dying means some wastelander will loot the tech off your corpse, for added insult). It's just that such a situation almost never happens since they're usually the better armed group in the entire area. It's really stupid that neither you nor the paladin mention the distress call, though. You think they would be interested on that fancy pipboy that you used to pick up the signal...

(edit: also if anyone would be interested in knowing someone who has seen the pre-war world, it's them, but I doubt they ever ask you more than a few questions before sending you to the frontline)

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It was made by Zenimax, but Zenimax is pretty much Bethesda's business name, so to speak. I wonder if Beth knew it was a subpar work and didn't wanted to have their name directly associated with it.

The MMO was made by a different Bethesda studio, not BGS. They're in a different city.

(edit: also if anyone would be interested in knowing someone who has seen the pre-war world, it's them, but I doubt they ever ask you more than a few questions before sending you to the frontline)

If they were really that interested you'd think they could simply track down a number of Ghouls and ask them. A strange amount of them used to be engineers or scientists or picked the skills up while scavenging out in the wastes. And Ghouls are treated bad enough that most will tell you what they know for a reasonably safe place to live and basic necessities.

Gerrard

Arcane
Since no one else really has I'll report on how the Brotherhood of Steel lore is twisted and shit on even further than in Fallout 3.
You first meet the BoS when responding to a distress signal that you can receive very soon after starting the game proper. You show up and you see a dude in power armor shooting at ghouls that are attacking their position and a scribe attending to a wounded knight. You begin shooting at the ghouls most likely. (I assume you can kill the scribe and the knight if you want but the paladin is an essential companion so he's invincible no matter what.)

After the ridiculously large wave of ghouls is dead the paladin turns to you and asks what your business is. Even though you begin the quest by getting a radio distress call from them you are not allowed to tell him that's why you came there. You literally can't fucking tell him, there is no dialogue for it. The best you can say is that you are just trying to survive in the wasteland, the other answer is to tell him to mind his own business. (I'm guessing they rewrote the quest and didn't have timer to redo the dialogue or the writer for the quest had a stroke. I mean who the fuck are they even broadcasting to, they are the recon team, there are no BoS there besides them I'm pretty sure. They are literally asking outsiders help them in a life or death situation. I don't believe the real BoS would do that.)

So afterwards the paladin thanks you and says that he is in the BoS and that since you helped you can feel free to loot the police station they are going to garrison. Also the paladin's name is Danse and he sounds like Buzz Lightyear. So then you can take on three new quests from here, the scribe assigns you a random location to get a random piece of technology from and the knight asks you to go to a random location and kill everything that exists there. They never stop giving these quests to my knowledge. I don't even know if they are programmed in or if the radiant quest system from Skyrim has made a return. So basically fuck those quests.

The actual quest that somebody at bethesda "wrote" is given by Paladin Danse the worst BoS Paladin in existence. You'll find out why in a bit. So he asks for your help to secure a piece of technology. Why he doesn't ask the knight and why he asks for you, a random savage, for help is beyond me. Maybe the knight is still supposed to wounded or something, yet he is walking around just fine. I have no idea. Anyways you agree and you and invincible Paladin Danse go on a romantic and slow as hell walk then you go through a building there is a bunch of shooting and after that you get the tech. Paladin Danse says you did good and recruits you into the BoS and gives you his personal laser right there and then. Yep a paladin gave a wastelander he barely knows a coveted piece of pre-war tech.

So with all that my friends and I came up with a theory. Paladin Danse is not a real paladin. He just dresses like one and recruits random people he meets into his LARP group. I bet he tried to join and was rejected. I bet Danse was the name of the BoS soldier he killed and buttfucked and then stole the armor of. It is the only way to explain these strange behaviors. So later on the BoS shows up in force and the elder request to see you and Danse personally. Yep the elder wants to see you for some fucking reason. You go see him. The Elder is 20 years old or something and he gives you a speech and then you are promoted to knighthood and given power armor. Just because Danse trusts you. Along the way Danse makes comments about how the BoS is the last hope for the commonwealth and that he wished the people understood their true intentions of peace and love.
So fuck you writer at Bethesda. I hope you choked while laughing at the shit you are purposefully writing poorly to hurt my feelings. I hope you choke on my tears.
Does anything happen if you're wearing power armor when meeting the guy?

If they were really that interested you'd think they could simply track down a number of Ghouls and ask them. A strange amount of them used to be engineers or scientists or picked the skills up while scavenging out in the wastes. And Ghouls are treated bad enough that most will tell you what they know for a reasonably safe place to live and basic necessities.
Hm, correct. But that was ages ago, I was thinking about the PC's "feels like yesterday" unique point of view.

Jozoz

Prophet

Don't forget the part where the Knight's "eternal quests" are about clearing an area of enemies for the sake of a better and safer Commonwealth.

The true Brotherhood of Steel wouldn't give half of a fuck about that.

We're talking about a group of people that would send anyone who bugged them enough to a radioactive deathtrap as a 'test'. Then laugh themselves silly.

That one of them came back was a real surprise.

Perkel

Arcane
godamn. Fought "legendary" :roll: Mirelurk which mutated into walking tank (spend nearly 300 ammo on it) and i got this:

aZHaiKV.jpg

Basically gatling gun. So far best find in game.

So far itemization is excellent (though lvl 10 only now). There are handplaced weapons in game that don't scale to your level and random loot which you can get from "legendary" enemies + found while exploring IS interesting.

Second best find for me was some piece of lether armor where time would slow down like i would use jet everytime when my health is less than 15% for short period of time. Kind of interesting to build character around it...

Also enemies aren't that much scaled. If you move to south there are shitton of people/mutes/animals who will dispatch you with ease.

As of mentioned raiders in power armors... So far found one which was unique boss, no random mobs flying around in t60.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
So far, the dumbest thing I've seen is the obviously-synthetic detective in a town where everyone's paranoid about synths. It's nowhere near as dumb as FO3's vampires or Little Lamplight, but still...what the fuck were they thinking?

Bladerunner reference, right? That's Bethesda for you. They'd rather shoehorn in an out of place movie reference than build a coherent world.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Do stats other than Charisma check in dialogs/have non-combat purposes beyond crafting (or hacking and lockpicking, etc.)? All I've been doing so far in this game is killing shit... some variety would be welcome. The Minuteman nigger gives you a mission that has you kill a huge building full of raiders.

They couldn't come up with something better?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected

You want to know, what's the real kicker is ?

There's mission, that you are going kill a traitor among BOS.

The traitor is
Paladin Danse, he was a fucking Snyth :lol:
Wow, i don't really see that coming :roll:

You can choose to kill or to spare the traitor, so he became your companion.

Athos

Arcane

In the writer's mind the protagonist is not a random wastelander savage, is a veteran soldier from before the Great War who survived frozen in a super-technological vault. Too bad you can't say that to Danse. Dialogue wheel and Bethesda's writing is really a match made in hell.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Unless you play as a female, in which case you're just the veteran soldier's bitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom