Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never said it wasn't an RPG? I said it was a bad RPG: "And I'm also accepting reality: it's a buggy, bland, RPG." was one of my previous statements. So no, you're making up bullshit. And I also said it narrative was a vehicle for role players, not the end all be all of a game. I'm beginning to think you've ignored everything I've said on the last page and just want to argue about story's place in RPGs.

I haven't read all of your low quality posts so it's possible that you simply contradicted yourself, I was responding to one specific post in which you were arguing against the idea that it's an RPG. I'm not a shrink and I can't manage your MPD, ask nomask for that.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It has semi-interactive conversations, therefore it's an RPG as far as both Bioware and Bethesda are concerned.

Bioware maybe but bethesda has never been about interactive conversations (even though they could have provided salvation in the form of building up on daggerfall's conversation system instead of using a devolution of the braindead "choose options from a list" degenerate gameplay introduced and popularized by games like fallout and baldur's gate.

Beastro

Arcane
Honest question, why do you watch this faggot? The sound of his voice makes me want to shove hot soldering irons in my ears.

His Sims videos are great and his voice doesn't bother me like it does you and others.

I can see why it would piss people off, but for some reason it doesn't for me otherwise they'd be pretty unwatchable despite the humour.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Former Steam friend apparently just got back from a midnight release:

90d6ae59ec.png

The Alienware I could give a pass on, but this is too much. BLOCKED.

Pretty janky. Encourages you to pick up every little fucking piece of scrap everywhere even moreso than in past games, which really messes with the part of my brain that wants to play the game efficiently. Overall makes the game worse imo.

From what I've heard there's a Charisma perk that lets you open shops and such in your settlements, and if you actively grow them they turn into great money makers for you.

Problem is I'm not sure how useful caps will be by the end.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
From what I've heard there's a Charisma perk that lets you open shops and such in your settlements, and if you actively grow them they turn into great money makers for you.

Problem is I'm not sure how useful caps will be by the end.

I'll give them one bit of credit. At least they resisted the urge to go the full Ubisoft and make the base building in to a mobile companion app with microtransactions.

(Also, is the currency really caps? Isn't this place supposed to be hyper-advanced, manufacturing mechs and suchlike, but none of them are up to producing counterfeit bottle caps? Even the Legion has its own minted currency. Fucking Bethesda.)

I don't actually know what the standard currency is, haven't played the game yet and I don't watch streams enough to find out. About two minutes in I get bored and switch back to the NeoGaf performance thread to read about someone's 980 ti tanking nearby the Corvega factory. Apparently that overlook kills everything, console or PC.

Just went with the Fallout default.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
I've been playing for like 6 hours and having just stopped, it started out terrible, got better, then got bad again. It's just ridiculously bland. Pretty much all the quests I've had are just to kill a bunch of people.

I'm going to try and beat it tomorrow so I can forget about it until a couple of month's time when there's hopefully some worthwhile mods out.

Oh, and it made me really really really want to play New Vegas again.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
2nd on steam with 300k people and it's not 10 hours after release, only one left is DOTA.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've been playing for like 6 hours and having just stopped, it started out terrible, got better, then got bad again. It's just ridiculously bland. Pretty much all the quests I've had are just to kill a bunch of people.

I'm going to try and beat it tomorrow so I can forget about it until a couple of month's time when there's hopefully some worthwhile mods out.

Oh, and it made me really really really want to play New Vegas again.
If you've been playing for six hours it can't be that bad. Just admit it to yourself.

Ah, turns out the fps killer is basically the entire Lexington area.

"Wait until you get to Lexington in the game. No matter what your settings, GPU or CPU power, the frame rate fluctuates between 35-45 fps.

I was at a solid 60 for hours... Then I got to Lexington."

--------------------------------

"Ah, yep. Just started doing some exploration in the big city area and my framerate is regularly dropping down to 40. I am on ultra at 1440p with a 980ti, i7-2600k @4.5, 16GB RAM, Win 10. That's a big bummer. The wasteland and interiors run at a near perfect 60.

Edit: Even dropping to 1080p I can't get above 45fps in areas of this city."

"Yep, this is where I am now. Early areas were smooth. The area I am in right now (Lexington), I just can't get a good 60 FPS regardless of resolution. I have godrays on low.

980ti, 3570k, 16gb RAM, Win 10.

It's really disappointing."

Needless to say the people who aren't rocking 700 dollar graphics cards are getting lower numbers and are not amused. As for consoles...pfft hahahaha.

Edit: Oh, and just like going from Medium to Ultra textures has almost no effect, Low to High Godrays is pretty much a waste of resources too. There are some who swear they see the difference but nah. If you gotta have them Low is the to go.

Lemming42

Arcane
If you've been playing for six hours it can't be that bad. Just admit it to yourself.

Like I'm gonna quit midway through. If I can beat Bioshit Infinite then this is child's play in comparison.

There's nothing really keeping me playing, though. It doesn't successfully recreate the feeling of other Bethesda games, where you keep going because there might just be something interesting (there never is) around the next corner.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Anyway, watched some videos. Whoever bought this or pirated it, is an idiot. It's a combination of the worst things Bethesda is capable of doing wrapped up in something that somehow looks worse than fallout 3 (not even joking, the shadows are nicer but the atheistic is a nightmare).

Not disappointed or amused just indifferent. I wish Todd all the best as he goes to his penthouse, fucks a bunch of hoes and gets wasted of cocaine.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Whoever bought this or pirated it, is an idiot. It's a combination of the worst things Bethesda is capable of doing wrapped up in something that somehow looks worse than fallout 3 (not even joking, the shadows are nicer but the atheistic is a nightmare).

'Location: Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies'

ArchAngel

Arcane
So it seems the first mod I will be installing is the one where Power Armor does not run out of fuel. Fukcing around in Power Armor is only thing that interests me from this game. From videos it seemed to look like you are in a mini mech.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I can only admire a brave soul who still resists the widescreen bullshit.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
this game just isn't very good so far. Maybe it'll pick up later.

It probably won't. In my experience what you describe here is the normal Bethesda experience: "Maybe it'll get better later." It never does. Chances are it'll get worse as your boredom levels up.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Former Steam friend apparently just got back from a midnight release:

90d6ae59ec.png

The Alienware I could give a pass on, but this is too much. BLOCKED.
Why did he buy TWO copies?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom