Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Daedalos, Nov 10, 2015.

1. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    And that is what happens when you let fans unfamiliar with RPGs call the shots. Shit happens.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. MWaser Learned

MWaser
    There's people who praise DAO's story? :roll:

^ Top  
  3. pippin Guest

pippin
    It received a GOTY award from the Codex once.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Well, the thing got two sequels and a handful of spinoffs, so some people must have liked it.

..oh, and it was Codex GOTY.

:troll:

E: fuk u pippin

^ Top  
  5. Lemming42 Arcane

Lemming42
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  6. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    GOTY doesn't account for much on the Codex, though. The GFWIS award was a much more prestigious accomplishment - the ceremony had more blow and hookers, too.

^ Top  
  7. Duellist_D Savant Patron

Duellist_D
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    INT supposedly gives you more EXP.
    So, depending on the amount you get more, might be usefull to invest in.

^ Top  
  8. Duellist_D Savant Patron

Duellist_D
    No levelcap, yes, but you still might want to speed up the pace of getting new perks.

^ Top  
  9. Carrion Arcane Patron

Carrion
    Video game journalists love to hype the shit out of new games and make them seem like the best thing ever. When the next big game comes along, they'll suddenly start to find flaws from their previous 10/10 game just to make the new one seem even better.

The Codex is the opposite: when a new shit game is released, Codexers suddenly start to find good things from the previous irredeemable piece of shit (like FO3) so that they could bash the new piece of shit even further.

• Brofist Brofist x 16
    ^ Top  
  10. baturinsky Arcane

baturinsky
    With Idiot Savant you have roughly as much exp at Int 1 as at Int 10.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Duellist_D Savant Patron

Duellist_D
    Going Idiot Savant is counterproductive to getting all levels in science and since that perk is necessary for the only fun thing in the game (Building stuff) its sorta not a good idea.

^ Top  
  12. pippin Guest

pippin
    That Stalker artwork with FO4's logo has been going around for a very long time and media still uses it as if it was genuine. It's funny, because people always point out the mistake. At least there's a huge number of Stalker fans, which can only be cool.

^ Top  
  13. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    That's the most retarded thing I've read itt. First of, there is nothing fun about F4. Second, building stuff is by far the most pointless and dumbfucked activity in the whole game. And third, if you play on any non-carebear difficulty (very hard or survival) you have to use VATS all the time. And Luck has all the neat perks for VATS.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. pippin Guest

pippin
    Idiot Savant is the xp bonus perk? Watching RK47's LP, he's getting two free levels after doing some plot related quests or something like that... it's ridiculous.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Yeah when it procs on a quest reward you get 5x the XP and jump up by two levels easy. You don't even have to min-max it too much, you can set INT to 3 to get that Gun Nut perk and you'll still drown in XP.

^ Top  
  16. PhantasmaNL Arcane Patron

PhantasmaNL
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
    With int 1 it procs pretty often, on any xp related activity, including building, cooking or upgrading shit, discovering locations and ofc quest completion. A jump of 2 levels is not that common but can happen (ive seen it once).

^ Top  
  17. Onholyservicebound Arcane

Onholyservicebound
    Early on 3 levels is possible with idiot savant, the first minuteman quest for example.

^ Top  
  18. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to the inevitable Stalker total conversion mod(s).

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  19. GloomFrost Savant

GloomFrost
    All jokes aside but F4 really does not have any decent artworks (or I havent seen them). Even F3 had some cool art with Paladin in power armor standing in front of the destroyed white house. It just shows how bethestards couldnt be assed to even pretend that they cared. I mean I never would have thought that I would say this but even Skyrim doesnt seem to be that bad compared to F4. It had some nice snowy locations that reminded me of the Icewind Dale, couple of more or less ok quests or even obllivion had some memorable guild quest lines. But f4 that is just THE bottom and yet the most sold out bethesda game..... dont know what to say..... God help us all.
    When is underrail out again??

^ Top  
  20. pippin Guest

pippin
    ^ Top  
  21. GloomFrost Savant

GloomFrost
    Some realy nice pictures there, thanx. But no one forced them to use Gamebryo, they were just too greedy to buy/make the new engine despite being one of the richest companies out there.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Duellist_D Savant Patron

Duellist_D
    Building bases is almost the only real fun thing in this Game.
    I play on surival all the time with almost never using VATS, the difficulty is still laughable low.
    The only remotely difficult encounter i ever faced was having to kill that stupid Legendary Deathclaw in one of the basements of a raider base with the low-level pipe-submachinegun while having no powerarmor.
    And even that just boiled down to simply chain-popping units of that speeddrug and shooting a bit less than 400 bullets into it.

You on the other hand obviously suck at gaming in general and shooting in perticular if you need shit like VATS in a piss-easy game like this. On top of that, playing a game that you find no fun in is a pretty good sign that you are either some sort of masochist or just clinically retarded.

Now sod of, you fucking scrub.

^ Top  
  23. 28.8bps Modem Prophet

28.8bps Modem
    As a software engineer, I have to applaud Bethesda's strategy. Nowhere else in the software industry do people build once-off and throw away stuff over and over again. When I was a kid, a full price game release was 12 quid. Now it's 50, plus whatever they can nickel and dime out of customers with DLC and microtransactions. Pretty much the whole industry has gone bankrupt and whole genres are life extinct because of graphics whoring.

Bethesda's graphics might be shit compared to the industry as a whole, but from the sounds of it their QA record is on an upwards trend. The less lines of code there are that haven't been battlefield tested to death already, the cheaper and better the product. I'd prefer it better if they just kept the whole engine the same as the Skyrim revision and concentrated on the gameplay and mechanics.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    this game is so horrid that after a few days with it and few more without i'm disgusted just by its name, i don't even want to make fun of it.
    it just sucks.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    I'm defeated.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)