Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really wish they hadn't fucked up Hellgate London like they did, especially so bad that they went bankrupt. The setting is amazing, the intro oozes a unique style. I'm such a settingfag I finished the game a couple times with different characters. But I will completely concede to anyone who says it's a bad game. Because the gameplay and the systems and the quests, writing, all of the stuff that really matters in the long run is shit.

Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298851137
Well whadaya know. . apparently the new version of it, after it was bought by Nexon or something, wanted to find it's way onto steam but, doesn't look like they followed through.

Every class except for the two soldier classes played okay. My favourite build was the Gundian (guardian with twin pistols). The quests had a huge problem with forcing you to backtrack though, especially at Charing Cross or whatever the third station was.

Last edited:
Edit: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298851137
Well whadaya know. . apparently the new version of it, after it was bought by Nexon or something, wanted to find it's way onto steam but, doesn't look like they followed through.
Oh god, that. I played it before the attempt to get it on Steam and absolutely hated it. I remember they locked the last two acts of a game I paid full-price for at its original launch behind a paywall and I just RQ'd at that point.

JayCee

Barely Literate
Saint Proverbius and Killzig both show their ugly faces to shit talk Fallout 4? I want in on the action too!

We should do a cultured and enlightened fireside chat on Twitch about FO4 and the many reasons why it can lick Keeng Ra'at's ass.

JayCee

Barely Literate

You may remember me as the founder of Vault13.net. I was hanging out in IRC chat rooms when RPG Codex was first being discussed.

Side note: the fact the player only equips one unarmed weapon on the right hand, and not even attempts to dual wield sensible weapons such as knuckle dusters and boxing gloves seriously makes me think the SS mentally challenged.

I guess they wanted to leave one hand free to avoid situations like lockpicking safes with boxing gloves on, but I don't think even the most hardcore immersion gamer complained about that.

Vertibirds were just prototypes! I wonder why they maked so many prototypes.

Because you need to be able to beat them. Everyone knows that the more units of a machine you have, the weaker it is. Like evangelions and metal gears. A single vertibird would be monstrous.

Gerrard

Arcane
Maybe if hey bothered to loot all that shit laying around and glue it together with duct tape and vegetable starch they could have rebuilt the world by now.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Question for armchair generals and military equipment enthusiasts (and actual soldiers, since the codex has a few afaik)

This is apparently the US Army's APC in the FO4 verse -
latest

And this is the passenger hold in the rear -
BD08832E07401975CF2D7D1120834F7DE7A9A494

Maybe my vision is screwed by bethesdian proportions, but that seems a little small? Maybe 6 passengers with barely any room left for storage beyond what the soldier is presumably carrying and I doubt more than 3-4 PA troopers can fit in there.

We use MRAP's now for the most part. Having room to maintain a personal bubble is not authorized.

pippin

The ENclave exists to "revive" the American government. It makes no sense that it would exist before the War.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
It makes no sense that it wouldn't exist to some degree. The enclave was the US Government's failsafe. How the hell else would they have access to all the tech and secrets of pre-war civilization without it having it's origins in the pre-war world?

pippin

It makes no sense that it wouldn't exist to some degree. The enclave was the US Government's failsafe. How the hell else would they have access to all the tech and secrets of pre-war civilization without it having it's origins in the pre-war world?

Because it was the Enclave, not Robert House.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
You want to talk about realism in modern fallout?

Next to none of that shit makes sense, you think theres a problem with the amount of soldiers that tank can pick up ?
Way bigger problem is that the main gun has no possible depression and could only shoot shit thats as high as itself....

The Assault Rifle could be a WW1 one era machine gun modified for the use of magazines, yeah its stupid.

The name pipe implies that it has no rifling cuz it is a pipe, the only pipe weapons that would make sense because they
dont need rifling to be effective would be shotguns. BUT no there is pistols, mps, rifles and even sniper rifles based on pipes.
The bullets shot out of these things would keyhole after 30m and could not hit shit after 50meters.
So only pipe weapon that would make sense isnt in the game, the pipe shotgun.

I dont give 2 fucks about weapon realism in these games... what bugs me the most is that there are next to none unique models
or textures for the unique weapons. Its really really basic, i can get into stupid mode and get a want for all unique items in games
but i have literally no desire here because the combat shot, le fusil terribile and justice look absolutely identical and thats lazy.

After playing it for a while everything feels lazy:
Weapons and Items
Minutemen quests.
Railroad everything.
Minecraft, really no windows ?...

NPCs dont work, if you have a really full village some just wont do what you tell them, i.e. settlers wont even walk the tiny ramps up to the plots.
They pick up your powerarmors, even the fucking provisioners, if you dont tell them fast enough to get out your powerarmors will be all over the map...
NPCs will sleep in your bed, use your shit etc.

Last edited:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron

House clearly had the right idea a long ways out (robot fetish aside), but I have a hard time believing the Enclave was as powerful as it was in F2 without it having been some sort of pre-war FEMA type organization. I would say that it's taken on a much different role than it had pre-war, but nonetheless existed in some form.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
As for references to the West Coast, you find out while sifting through his memory implant that Kellogg was a citizen of the NCR, probably based somewhere around San Francisco since he also mentions running security for the Shi.

pippin

As for references to the West Coast, you find out while sifting through his memory implant that Kellogg was a citizen of the NCR, probably based somewhere around San Francisco since he also mentions running security for the Shi.

Saw that on RK47's lp and it feels forced. It's like, we're going to put this here to please old school fans. Hey, it doesn't. Besides, the whole thing triggered me because it looked like System Shock's cyberspace.

House clearly had the right idea a long ways out (robot fetish aside), but I have a hard time believing the Enclave was as powerful as it was in F2 without it having been some sort of pre-war FEMA type organization. I would say that it's taken on a much different role than it had pre-war, but nonetheless existed in some form.

You'd however think such a secretive organization especially at that point in time would suppress such sensitive info from being published. It feels like they're just trying to get an enclave reference for the hell of it.

pippin

You'd however think such a secretive organization especially at that point in time would suppress such sensitive info from being published. It feels like they're just trying to get an enclave reference for the hell of it.

That's the key of Beth's Fallout. They aren't *that* stupid and realized their game wasn't really Fallout, but there's a thing with playtesters and marketing that forces you to have certain elements in your game. Kinda like Interplay forcing Black Isle to include real time combat in Van Buren, to be honest, or the Temple of Trials in 2. You can't release a game if it doesn't have some elements that please the average audience, who probably never played the original, but since this new game is being announced with such fanfare, you might as well not miss it!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fallout 5 confirmed for San Fransisco.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom