Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Curratum

I quite openly enjoy Fallout 4 because I like Stalker-type games and you can turn it into one.

Skyrim, however... I can only enjoy in Enderal form.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still stand by the comment about plenty of codex deviants who secretly enjoy modded skyrim/fallout 3&4
Why secretly?
Skyrim with Requiem and some other mods can turn into a pretty immersive and challenging action game with some RPG attached to it.

I assume something similar could be done with Fallout 4 - it is after all a much better game than Fallout 3, because they ditched all pretense of it being an RPG and just made it a better shooter.

Nothing will ever turn either of those games into true RPGs, but why should that keep anyone from playing them in a modded state?
Except for those who really only want to play pure RPGs.

Last edited:

Oracsbox

To openly admit liking skyrim or fallout 4 should get an immediate ban from the codex or at the very least you should be burnt alive for such heresy.
:timetoburn:

Risewild

Arbiter
Codex is going down the toilet again.
What do you mean going? It's been going down the toilet for years now, that was why I never joined until this year.
There was no point in joining when many codexers have no idea what a RPG even is... I only joined now because I want to shitpost. :shitposting:

Oracsbox

Codex is going down the toilet again.
What do you mean going? It's been going down the toilet for years now, that was why I never joined until this year.
There was no point in joining when many codexers have no idea what a RPG even is... I only joined now because I want to shitpost. :shitposting:

I only joined after years of lurking so I could eventually look at the movie thread again.
Talking drivel in comments is just a bonus for me

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
DomYNkyWwAAZC_2.jpg

Risewild

Arbiter
Since it was the Washington Post's crew, the characters did nothing else but talk about how Brett Kavanaugh brutally raped each one of them in middle school, followed by an in depth discussion of the danger of liking beer.

And then more rape.
Sounds more fun than Fallout 76 gameplay...

ADL

Prophet
Who is that? Some weird hipster?
Twitch/YouTube personality that went to the press event thing. When someone who hates multiplayer games loves a multiplayer game, it's basically guaranteed the game has zero meaningful player interaction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom