Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Risewild

Arbiter
Maybe they don't want to release it also on Steam, to make it harder for people to return the game and ask for their money back.
Steam gives a free 2 hours of playing the game before you're not allowed to return it anymore. I bet anyone can play it for less than that and see how bad it is, so they would be returning the game a lot.

I have no idea what return policy Bethesda has, though.

Risewild

Arbiter
That letter is just so fanboys can say stuff like "Of course it's a buggy mess. They said it would be like that, what were you all expecting?". And dismiss all the real criticism about the game being full of bugs at release.

Wunderbar

Arcane
what does it feel like being pissed off at everything all day?
rpgcodex.png

Risewild

Arbiter
U guys are so negative what does it feel like being pissed off at everything all day?
Pissed off? I am having a blast. I haven't laughed so much with a Fallout title since... since... I had never laughed so much with a Fallout title in my life. :lol:

Fallout 76 just makes my day. Everyday.

I even noticed that on Bethesda.net, many people are opening threads asking how to refund and cancel the pre-order :lol:. This is hilarious.

lmQR2ef.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
The kids will lap this up, and make the game shit in no time, a green lush wasteland filled with angry 12 years saying they fucked your mom and nuke you if you take the loot before them.

LOL also the best part is that somehow, Brotherhood of Steel exist already, only 20 years after the bombs. In the east part of USA. Approx the same time when the real BoS and Maxson is still hiding in Mariposa bunker waiting for the radiation to drop. And fans defend this, somehow.

Luzur

Good Sir
FreakEasy one week ago:
With a new game comes new info and lore as long as it makes sense it's fine. I mean look at the enclave in new vegas people said it would be impossible to see them yet we did in very small remnants (no one is mad about that). The fallout world we are seeing now is the youngest we have ever seen it. I mean if we look at the origins of the bos it is completely possible that some of them or one of them made their way to West Virginia Relatively little is known about the early years of the Brotherhood of Steel which is why it is completely possible we could see some form of remanents of them is 76. Fallout lore only covers the bos from 2077-2077 (not a typo) and then there is about a 56-year gap of missing information from 2077-2134 what happened in that time period is not known it's completely possible one or some of the could have headed to West Virginia especially if the nukes there had not been launched one of the main goals of the brotherhood was to control technology so an event like the great war would never happen again so it is possible that they sent a group of people to capture the nukes. but that's just my opinion. Thanks for the comment by the way.

Risewild

Arbiter
w/e I preordered and i'm gonna LOVE IT!

u guys have fun circle jerking over 'lore' lmao

'hurr durr brotherhood of steal enclave shouldnt b in game b/c according to 10th edition of history of nuke lore bit from fallout 1;////////."

go read a book if u care about this shit
I am glad you are gonna love your game.
I am already loving it even without buying it, and I will keep loving it without ever buying it.

Also, you never saw me commenting on the lore of that game, I know Bethesda since Arena, I have followed them since then and TES was one time one of my favorite RPG series on computer.
I have been with them long enough to know they don't care shit about lore and that their last good writer left Bethesda during Morrowind, when Bethesda was going bankrupt and had to get rid of most people. Why would I be surprised they can't come up with good lore? Why would I complain about it? That's the same as complaining that ice is cold :lol:.

Also a tip, you should go read a book too, you might learn how to type, grammar or how to use punctuation... And that is coming from me. I am awful at typing, grammar and punctuation. :oops:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fallout 76 Xbox Beta engaged. Second game on Twitch.

You can claim toolbenches like in Realm Royale.

Audio is fucked up. 20 fps dips.

Loading screens when you enter certain buildings.

The game will have micro-transactions.

ADL

Prophet
Went over to a friend's house and played for about three hours. As someone who despised Fallout 4, this is actually kinda fun. I went into it expecting to hate this and cancel my pre-order but I think I'll keep it since I paid so little in the first place.

I'm sure my opinion will change when I've put 50+ hours into it but I'm happy to spend 28 ameribucks to play this with some friends.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

ZeniBot

Cipher
His game was still closer to Fallout than Todd's is. But the fact that he allowed this shit to happen is unforgivable.
What is strange is that Interplay still isn't dead, but it might as well be at this point. Private Equity gonna be selling its corpse bit by bit now. I'll be interested in what their big "announcement" is. "hey guys we've sold the rest of it to Bethesda! fuck you!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom