Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Myobi

Liturgist
I just reacted to the claim it would by p2w.

… which was never really a claim to begin with.

The quotation marks around the term were there for a reason.

As I stated multiple times, I don’t really care what people call them, it’s completely irrelevant to the observation I’ve made, if you don’t want to call them pay-2-win for whatever reason, that’s fine, it’s still not “only cosmetics” as stated by Pete Hines:

https://twitter.com/dcdeacon/status/1032589221398282241?lang=en

I merely mocked that after that statement, not only they added “utility” items to the store and paywalled features such as private worlds and infinite storage, but are now even throwing yet another monetization scheme into the mix in the format of a season pass that gives you, and I quote: “exciting new reward you can claim, like a unique outfit, an item for your C.A.M.P., a weapon skin or Power Armor paint, consumables, Perk Card Packs, Atoms—even in-game currencies, like Scrip, Caps, or Gold Bullion”, which I’m assuming that will come with the free option where players can grinding their asses off for it, and the one to just throw them cash to progress.

Like it or not, games such as this are in continuous development for months and months, it has its cost, and there is only so much that one-time purchase price from 1 year ago can cover.

I agree, live-services need a continuous monetization scheme to keep providing content updates, meanwhile you have a lot of free-2-play live-services that didn’t need to lie or pay-wall highly requested features to do it.

Gregz

Arcane
I agree, live-services need a continuous monetization scheme to keep providing content updates, meanwhile you have a lot of free-2-play live-services that didn’t need to lie or pay-wall highly requested features to do it.

This is not a free-2-play game, you have to buy it, and it ain't cheap.

Myobi

Liturgist

This is not a free-2-play game, you have to buy it, and it ain't cheap.

No fucking shit Sherlock, it’s almost like that was sort of the fucking point.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That event is a case study on how stupid players in a multiplayer game can be.
Everybody abandoning the VIPs in fear they could lose the drop from a fkn lvl20 mob, and the TSE clone army wildly carpet bombing the area in hope of hitting the suiciders. Hitting nuzzink. Or getting distracted by squirrels. :argh:

MMOs. MMOs never change.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Caps have become pretty worthless with all the duping. People only trade good weapons for equally good ones in private. 50% chance of being scammed.
Best bet is sadly to buy 1* or maximal 2* ranged weapons from mama murrmurr and hope for the best. Scrips fall off the sky currently with that event...
I think I still have a bloodied shishkebab and pipe pistol, but I doubt you want those.
I never got a bloodied lever either, but even a AA one oneshots everything short of yuge enemies on a bloodied build anyways...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
AFAIK it does not work properly. Or is buggy. Or you cannot set prices?
I only read people complaining about it and doing it via a 3rd person.
Don't ask me, I never accept trades or group invites from strangers. Especially not group invites from hidden strangers! I have seen too many bugs, scams and exploits involving those.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
50% chance of being scammed.

How can you get scammed if you use the trade interface?
Problem is when no caps is involved, trade interface does not have confirmation before acceptance of traded items, something basic other games have.
Community has market places with reputation and couriers who act as middlemen.
I've traded tens of thousands of caps of items without incident using these services.

Cirtdear

Savant
The atom store's utility tab is a joke. The atoms you need to buy the refrigerator thing you can earn before you'd even need the refrigerator.
The collectron has the most utility out of all of the things you can get from the store. Again affordable just by playing the game for a while.

The real travesty is the stash size. The paying to win infinite stashing isn't balanced at all.

There are more serious faults i've noticed. Large strips of land are blocked from player access where it looks like we should be able to go.
The random events are too few. I basically know all their names from memory.

The center of the map has nothing terribly interesting going on. In fact the center of the map just feels like a cluttering of nothing special locations.
Enemies too often are spawning in weak as shit for large parts of the map, making large parts of the map voided as points of interest to higher level players looking for a challenge.
The attacks triggered on the claimed/contested areas do not seem to escalate into anything interesting. Infact when you are attacked it is curiously racially homogenous waves.
There's no scrap everything or store everything feature for camps especially ones in claimed/contested areas. Very annoying.
The interior design of many named buildings are very similar in look and feel, too similar. The layouts are different but no amount environmental story telling or text-lore terminals can undo the cheap copy-paste architecture.
Foundation is a big town of unkillable npcs. Nu'ff said.
Most areas that are setup with large amount of defenses have no real cause for a tactical assault or stakeout which ends up ruining the vibe they have. Go replay Fallout Tactics bethesda.

Bonus Disappointment:
If you got to the Wayward Inn and kill some people, the bartender does nothing. Just some words like "cut it out". If this was the original Fallout Devs the player would have to pay caps for continued business because you killed a costumer,
you might be kicked out for the day, or they'd tattle on you to whoever the fuck The Responders really are and you'd get in some kind of trouble. Hell maybe you could use Charisma and split the loot you got from the poor bastards and get stay
as long as you don't do it again.
I guess I wasn't expecting much but gawd damn 2 murders in an enclosed space and nothing happens?

Gregz

Arcane
50% chance of being scammed.

How can you get scammed if you use the trade interface?
Problem is when no caps is involved, trade interface does not have confirmation before acceptance of traded items, something basic other games have.
Community has market places with reputation and couriers who act as middlemen.
I've traded tens of thousands of caps of items without incident using these services.

Do you use the reddit couriers?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
I rely on trader's reputation & history and I don't use reddit. The trade will have to be risky or very expensive before I use a courier.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
By using one or many of the community markets, googling fo76 market trade or something and see which ones you like. Reddit itself has more than one.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally I am done with Wart's stupid daily, because after countless times he bugged out and didn't give me rep, he finally bugged out in my favor a few weeks ago:
Someone had once again shot everything that moves, making his quest items lying around in the countryside. I picked those up (setting the flag to "has item"), then scrapped them all, so the game had no item to remove an unset the flag. :hahano:
So the daily for 2 weeks now was: log in, talk to Wart, immediately finish quest, get rep, log off. Norfleet would be proud if me. :salute:

Bethesda coding. Bethesda coding never changes.

Someone had once again shot everything that moves

Finally someone with the guts to help!
If i'll say "Bit of a story eh, proved myself, anyways", will anyone feel my pain? :negative:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That wart on the ass of Appalachia sleeps 23 hours a day, then leaves the backdoor open after tending to his garden. But nags me to get moving because raiders stole the village's water cooled bone saw again. Or the turret circuits, despite foundation not having turrets.
First thing I did after talking to him, is punch him the face with a baseball bat. :argh:

I have no regrets for exploiting the shit out of chubby Rocksy and the opossum guy to speed things up. Tis just compensashun for all the bugs. :obviously:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Paige convinced me to go raiders after his first sentence: "This is your land? Too bad, we are here now and not going away." :argh:

The raiders aren't even real raiders anyway. Living at the ass of nowhere trying to look intimidating. And they farm. Dafuq? The point of being a raider is not to do manual labor.
Meg is just like like Margie, regardless how much she denies it.

Rose was right. Queen Rose is the best. :hug:

That wart on the ass of Appalachia sleeps 23 hours a day, then leaves the backdoor open after tending to his garden. But nags me to get moving because raiders stole the village's water cooled bone saw again. Or the turret circuits, despite foundation not having turrets.
First thing I did after talking to him, is punch him the face with a baseball bat. :argh:

I have no regrets for exploiting the shit out of chubby Rocksy and the opossum guy to speed things up. Tis just compensashun for all the bugs. :obviously:

Good. You're not a flake. I'm impressed.

Wait a second, is the exploit still available? I tried to do it but seems they fixed it, giving rep and closing a quest after Tab force quitting a conversation with Rocksy. Maybe I have to pick a specific option or something.

So far I'm just preparing myself for a day 1 Bloodied roll (+25% fast fire rate is not something I'm going to ask of RNG gods), but I guess I probably won't be using Gauss Minigun that much due to absurd amounts of ammo you have to craft for it. For now I steamroll everything with a bloodied OG Winchester P94 :obviously: haha big gun go pew pew.

Bloodied build is what does the endgame for me (in a good way), keeps me on edge and cautious due to running around with 10% health.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The Rocksysploit seems to have been stealthfixed when they fixed the vending machines. It only worked with the "Assppalachia has a new corpse" line when you really killed the target.
The rep screen still pops up, but the bar does not move. Very Bethesda.
The bar now pops up again and moves after the quest is finished. Sad.
Haven't tested the mudcrab guy tho, since it requires server hopping. Effort.
Oppossum guy still works. That guy has a yuge pull with Foundation. :hahano:

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Gauss minigun is actually pretty decent on ammo consumption. Only use the standard barrel or tri, do not use the penta. And you don't need gunpowder, saving the acid for smelting.
IIRC the 2mm EC counts as energy ammo, so the perk that lowers fusion core weight works on those as well.
Would not use against the queen tho. Niu Dexi (my crackjunkie wastelanders char) got a zealot ultrashite gatling laser for only 850 caps from a vendor for that. Best deal.

Well everything has better ammo economy than OG Dexi's (the old bloodied char) B25 LMG at least. :argh:
Was hillarious when it bugged out (limb damage bug) and 1shot the queen tho. Everyone was angry. When I noticed I could loot her, I pretended to be angry too and quickly ran away. :hahano:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
For now I steamroll everything with a bloodied OG Winchester P94 :obviously: haha big gun go pew pew.
I am actually kinda sorta disappointed by the plasma caster. The lack of optics gives it really shoddy accuracy. I only tried it with an instigating one and it turned out worse than a normal plasma rifle. Maybe if you have a B25 one using PA and stabilized it becomes great tho. Considering the sneak attack bug for energy weapons.

On the other hand I found a junkies flamer the other day. Flamers are rarely used because of the range bug. But if you know how to work around it, it 2shots EVERYTHING. Without sneak bonus. And they even changed ammo costs too, making it a fun heavy weapon.
Power armored flame trooper. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom