Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
So I tried this, just to see how bad it was.

It's... surprisingly good! Really good, in fact. Well worth the full price, which you can only say about very few games. A huge incline for Bethesda out of nowhere.

I don't know how Bethesda did it, but the writing in '76 is their best ever, by far. About as good as New Vegas, I would say. I thought it would just be uninspired fetch quests, but some of the quests are absolutely unforgettable, with fantastic characters and dialogue. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, with great art direction. Never felt so immersed in a post-apocalypse game.

The gameplay is also massively improved. The gunplay is super smooth and intense. I liked Rust, but '76 is even better. And with the very good writing on top of that, this game seems like a rare gem. Best Bethesda game I've ever played! Just when I thought they were in the abyss of decline.

Overall: 4/5, best Bethesda game in decades. Worth buying now!

Nice try Todd.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Dr9a_VSX0AAOd3O.jpg:large

:hero:
bi7heX9.png

Astral Rag

Arcane

It's... surprisingly good! Really good, in fact. Well worth the full price, which you can only say about very few games. A huge incline for Bethesda out of nowhere.

I don't know how Bethesda did it, but the writing in '76 is their best ever, by far. About as good as New Vegas, I would say. I thought it would just be uninspired fetch quests, but some of the quests are absolutely unforgettable, with fantastic characters and dialogue. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, with great art direction. Never felt so immersed in a post-apocalypse game.

The gameplay is also massively improved. The gunplay is super smooth and intense. I liked Rust, but '76 is even better. And with the very good writing on top of that, this game seems like a rare gem. Best Bethesda game I've ever played! Just when I thought they were in the abyss of decline.

reported

PorkBarrellGuy

If you bought this game you should be ashamed of your inane faggotry and commit ritualistic suicide.
after Bethesda's stunt with the "You can only uninstall the beta if you buy the game itself" I wouldn't necessarily begrudge anyone the 60 dollars it would take to safely remove a glorified virus from their computers. Though I would ask what the fuck any of these beta testers expected from Bethesda in the first place, really.

Checked out some streams. It looks and plays like one of them MP mods for games that were never meant to have multiplayer.

They likely made a bank from initial sales, but I doubt that many people will stick around, curious to see how it will play out with shareholders and such. Probably won't make any difference, but it's still one of those cases where schadenfreude is warranted, so at least there's that.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Checked out some streams. It looks and plays like one of them MP mods for games that were never meant to have multiplayer.

They likely made a bank from initial sales, but I doubt that many people will stick around, curious to see how it will play out with shareholders and such. Probably won't make any difference, but it's still one of those cases where schadenfreude is warranted, so at least there's that.
It will be Free-To-Play in less that 8 months

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Better buy it while you still can, then !

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Either that or pull a No Man's Sky in like a year with an huge update, telling the game is good now.
I can totally see Bethesda doing that. Or taking the game offline completely because no one is playing it and offering a digital copy of Skyrim to everyone who purchased Fallout 76 to apologise

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Here's one of the reviews on Metacritic : "First impression was similar to loosing my money in Bitcoin. This feels like No Man's Sky first release only ur stuck on one planet and the gravity is super strong"

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Hi Todd

PorkBarrellGuy

so how long before Todd Howard releases a statement revealing that F76 was actually a devilish attempt by his evil twin brother Rodd Howard to smear the good names of Bethesda and Fallout, that unfortunately it is out of his power to issue refunds for F76 as Rodd was last seen speeding away with a bag full of all of Bethesda's money, and that it would really be helpful if everyone pitched in and bought another copy of his smash hit Skyrim

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
0lzqP66.jpg

Bethesda Press Statement Regarding Fallout 76 Launch Problems. Statement Provided By Fallout 76 Game Director Todd Howard

"We are aware that users are experiencing issue logging in to Fallout 76 and we are aware of the numerous game crash issues on PC and consoles. Many payers haven't been able to log in for 10 hours to play and there are other issues that prevent payers from starting the game. Fortunately we have a product that gamers can try in the meantime it's called Skyrim and it's currently available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Please buy it and play it while we try and at least get Fallout 76 working in some way."

- Todd "It Just Works" Howard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom