Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Hobo Elf

Arcane
DGthSDN.jpg

ysnWAxo.jpg

Who's ready to pay 18 dollars for a different paint color?

PorkBarrellGuy

lol, they're doing the exact same RMT-to-funnymoney shuffle as every other retarded online game, what a fucking surprise

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Bethesda Hires Team Of Liberals To Act As NPCs In 'Fallout 76'
November 14th, 2018
article-3233-1.jpg

1.7kSHARE
224SHARE
ROCKVILLE, MD—Popular RPG developer Bethesda has hired a team of leftists to roam the wasteland in its new Fallout 76 video game and act as NPCs, handing out quests and interacting with players.

Bethesda games have often been plagued with buggy NPC behavior, a problem that was easily remedied by just paying liberals to parrot dialogue options as commanded.

"Our new liberal-controlled NPCs are actually much easier to program than the NPCs in our previous games," said one game designer. "Gone are the days of buggy dialogue and facial animations: now we just have liberals obediently doing what we tell them to say and think."

While the jury is still out on whether or not Fallout 76 will be received as well as previous games in the series, the new liberal-controlled NPCs are getting rave reviews.

"NPCs in other Bethesda games will respond with the wrong dialogue, refuse to give you the right quest, or just glitch into a wall," said one player on launch day. "These guys are great: the developers just tell them what to think, what to say, and how to respond to any given situation—and they do it, no questions asked."

The new liberal-controlled NPC system isn't without its problems, however: on the first day of Fallout 76's public availability, thousands of the liberal employees started a violent protest right in the middle of the West Virginia wastelands.

Big Wrangle

Excuse me pal, I told you to fetch those goddamn crafting materials to trade for my armor, get going. Also have some stimpacks to not die against radiated bees.

Generic-Giant-Spider

DGthSDN.jpg

ysnWAxo.jpg

Who's ready to pay 18 dollars for a different paint color?

Post this on Reddit and watch the amount of dipshits justify this with flawless logic like, "don't like it, don't BUY it" or the ever wonderful, "you're not entitled to getting things the developers worked hard at for free."

And if any of you know someone like this in the flesh, please do the world a favour and violently stab them in the eye.

It will be Free-To-Play in less that 8 months
Either that or pull a No Man's Sky in like a year with an huge update, telling the game is good now.
I can totally see Bethesda doing that. Or taking the game offline completely because no one is playing it and offering a digital copy of Skyrim to everyone who purchased Fallout 76 to apologise

Something I definitely can't see is Bethesda getting their engine workable in a year, or figuring out how to do combat all of the sudden. They haven't been able to do either of those two things for the last 16 years. Although if they weren't so up their own ass they'd probably get id Software to help out with combat.

After this game and all the backlash over them still using the same fuckin' engine it's sure going to be funny when Starfield comes out using the same shit engine again. This game and Bethesda's own hubris is going to fuck their shit up, it's hilarious.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It will be Free-To-Play in less that 8 months
Either that or pull a No Man's Sky in like a year with an huge update, telling the game is good now.
I can totally see Bethesda doing that. Or taking the game offline completely because no one is playing it and offering a digital copy of Skyrim to everyone who purchased Fallout 76 to apologise

Something I definitely can't see is Bethesda getting their engine workable in a year, or figuring out how to do combat all of the sudden. They haven't been able to do either of those two things for the last 16 years. Although if they weren't so up their own ass they'd probably get id Software to help out with combat.

After this game and all the backlash over them still using the same fuckin' engine it's sure going to be funny when Starfield comes out using the same shit engine again. This game and Bethesda's own hubris is going to fuck their shit up, it's hilarious.
Don't worry, Bethesda will hire Jason Schreier to write negative articles about people being unhappy with Bethesda and why their games being buggy and unplayable are a good thing.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Post this on Reddit and watch the amount of dipshits justify this with flawless logic like, "don't like it, don't BUY it"

Well, if you'd follow this advise you'd save yourself 104 pages worth of time shitposting about something you hate

dont forget to rate me with an angry button on the way out

The worst part about you saying this to me is I just got punked by a guy that wears a kilt and has a gay crush on Todd Howard.

How far I've fallen.

Black

Arcane
FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen.
Why does it matter in 76, it's a brand new game with a brand new engine.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From 'Fallout 76' Is A Success In Spite Of All Its Pointless Online Nonsense. It's a clickbait heading. It seems that under "online nonsense" he actually means the online aspects of the game, not the reactions of people online. His argument is that for the most part it plays like a single player game and he likes it, but when it gets to using the new "online" features the game fails.

Everything else having to do with turning Fallout into an online game has been negative, however. While I am starting to get a hang on combat, VATS remains incredibly pointless and weird with it no longer being in slow motion because well, we’re on a live serve. I miss the ability to quicksave before exploring dangerous zones, and getting in over my head to be killed and have to go find my body and junk again is incredibly irritating. And then there are server issues, like how I was about to take over an airport in some kind of public event and then I was just…booted from the game and ended up far away from that place with the activity ended. Or how I just paid 100 caps to “secure” a workshop where my claim will expire the moment I log out (or am booted). Do I get my money back, then? I’m guessing not.

In short, everything about the online aspects of Fallout 76 are net negatives for me that detract from what could otherwise be a pretty solid and fun single player experience. And so far, you can play it that way and have a good time, minus these online issues.

I don't like Paul Tassi much, but I doubt Forbes of all outlets would be bought off and rush to rescue Bethesda's reputation.

ZeniBot

Cipher

Yeah I saw these the other day. Full on damage control. Bethesda doesn't need to hire PR people when they can just bribe journalist outlets and youtubers. The most cucked people on the planet are ones with Power Armor helmets, they display their shillery bullshit with pride. Could the normies please start calling this shit out because its getting ridiculous now.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
And suddenly many known Twitch streamers are playing and streaming this piece of shit while faking real enthusiasm for the game.

Black

Arcane
They're npcs, they play the hottest and newest thing there is, doesn't matter if it's good or not, they don't have any personal preferences or, god forbid, standards.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And suddenly many known Twitch streamers are playing and streaming this piece of shit while faking real enthusiasm for the game.

They might just actually be that stupid/have such shit taste.
Well, I think streaming the game while playing with a group of friends is probably the best thing you can get out of it.
But this will disappear pretty quickly, no doubt.

It's just not a good game, and those who just play everything that has the slightest amount of hype without any personal taste will just move on.

Turjan

Arcane
They're npcs, they play the hottest and newest thing there is, doesn't matter if it's good or not, they don't have any personal preferences or god forbid standards.
I think Juicehead (one of those YouTubers) said something like "I really like the game, and believe me, I don't just say that because my monetary livelihood depends on the success of this game."

You don't say.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom