Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Seethe

Arbiter
DGthSDN.jpg

ysnWAxo.jpg

Who's ready to pay 18 dollars for a different paint color?

_72805763_dkeeper.jpg

Mobile filth

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is written in Polygon of all places:
In the first Fallout, the first hub players will encounter is Shady Sands. Shady Sands starts as a humble village that is taken care of by a kind but relatively toothless community; it later blooms into the heart of the New California Republic, the largest democracy in the reborn America. When I think about Fallout, I don’t think back to the iconic Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave helmets. I don’t think about how scary Deathclaws are, or how much I like fighting waves of super mutants. I think about Shady Sands, and the New California Republic, and what it took to rebuild a democratic federation in a land where war never changes.

Fallout 76’s early game seems frustrated that I’m focused on the vision of building my own little Shady Sands with friends in the heart of West Virginia. The game dangles jangly keys in front of me. Don’t you want to talk to the Mayor of this settlement? Don’t you want to see what the Overseer found? My quest log fills up with prompts, but I’m rarely interested. Instead, I’m looking to see if there’s a way that I can plant roots in this game and settle down to build something long-lasting. There’s so much potential there, but it’ll take a village of players to really unlock the best possible Fallout 76 experience.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok so I admit I bought it, I thought maybe some really trash mmorpg helps me distract myself from, you know.

So well, it's worse than I thought, 5 minutes in the game is already a trainwreck.
The women models are so godawfully ugly, it's like they just reached into the sjw can and pulled out the most hideous monsters ever seen. And I can't be bothered to model a head looking somewhat like me like I usually do so whatever, I just pick a male char.

But look at this three colored freak:

xSmmOIe.jpg

What is this, he's brown, then purple on the forehead and... orange?! on the head?! And that's an unmodified preset head lol

Jesus this might turn out as either the best or worst 40 euros I ever spent :lol:

Turjan

Arcane
I wonder what Betehesda has to say about this:

I have the feeling, a lot of people seem to ignore the point they are dealing with an online game.

Turjan

Arcane
Ok so I admit I bought it, I thought maybe some really trash mmorpg helps me distract myself from, you know.

So well, it's worse than I thought, 5 minutes in the game is already a trainwreck.
The women models are so godawfully ugly, it's like they just reached into the sjw can and pulled out the most hideous monsters ever seen. And I can't be bothered to model a head looking somewhat like me like I usually do so whatever, I just pick a male char.

xSmmOIe.jpg

What is this, he's brown, then purple on the forehead and... orange?! on the head?! And that's an unmodified preset head lol

Jesus this might turn out as either the best or worst 40 euros I ever spent :lol:
I think their art direction has been going this way since Nuka World.

the-pack-leader-mason.jpg

RAGE2 also looks like that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

xSmmOIe.jpg

I think their art direction has been going this way since Nuka World.

the-pack-leader-mason.jpg

RAGE2 also looks like that.
All that is missing is a tophat and a monocle.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Really funny is that with the exception of the channels from paid bethesda shills (The shills invited to Bethesda's event are specially terrible.), the other usual popamoler suspects are ripping Bethesda's retal cavity. It seems that for once, Bethesda's retardation isn't exclusively noticed here on the codex.

Of course, we aren't talking about people with fine tastes here, for most of them, Fallout 76 could have the same shit gameplay it has but if it had amazing production values, it would be magically 10/10 material. It seems that Bethesda underestimated the competition and thought they had their audience of retards locked but the competition can put out much better graphics, better animations, better story or on another words, the only things popamolers care about, and they are pissed off that Fallout 76 is just a lazy asset flip of Fallout 4 .

This game will have zero staying power and will be free to play (Why would someone even play this crap for free is a mystery though.) on a year unless Bethesda relaunch this game, player retention is the sole reason companies do those online milking machines, you can't sell a paint job for 20 dollars to people that aren't playing their game and, on these days, half the income of large publishers come from those microtransaction schemes.

The game will probably sell alot but will still flop hard because the goal was the sweet microtransaction money. Why have a bunch of studios working on the same game to just sell the same amount of copies that Fallout 4 did (talking best case scenario here)?

The issue with Bethesda games is that for every person who says the game is shit, there are another three persons who say the game is shit but buy it anyways. I understand people loving Fallout 76, preferences are preferences. What I don't understand are the retards who say it's shit but play it nonetheless.

Benthran

Novice
Really funny is that with the exception of the channels from paid bethesda shills (The shills invited to Bethesda's event are specially terrible.), the other usual popamoler suspects are ripping Bethesda's retal cavity. It seems that for once, Bethesda's retardation isn't exclusively noticed here on the codex.

Of course, we aren't talking about people with fine tastes here, for most of them, Fallout 76 could have the same shit gameplay it has but if it had amazing production values, it would be magically 10/10 material. It seems that Bethesda underestimated the competition and thought they had their audience of retards locked but the competition can put out much better graphics, better animations, better story or on another words, the only things popamolers care about, and they are pissed off that Fallout 76 is just a lazy asset flip of Fallout 4 .

This game will have zero staying power and will be free to play (Why would someone even play this crap for free is a mystery though.) on a year unless Bethesda relaunch this game, player retention is the sole reason companies do those online milking machines, you can't sell a paint job for 20 dollars to people that aren't playing their game and, on these days, half the income of large publishers come from those microtransaction schemes.

The game will probably sell alot but will still flop hard because the goal was the sweet microtransaction money. Why have a bunch of studios working on the same game to just sell the same amount of copies that Fallout 4 did (talking best case scenario here)?

The issue with Bethesda games is that for every person who says the game is shit, there are another three persons who say the game is shit but buy it anyways. I understand people loving Fallout 76, preferences are preferences. What I don't understand are the retards who say it's shit but play it nonetheless.
Think of them as dung beetles. They love their shit.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen.
Why does it matter in 76, it's a brand new game with a brand new engine.

How very strange. I have never had FoV related glitches or broken animations when using the console command in previous games. The smell of bullshit is thick in the air this morning.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
That lack of major drama post release makes me disappoint. The general consensus seems to be: "massive amount of bugs, but I am having fun and it just works! YOLO!". Bethesda trained their audience well it seems...

What am I supposed to do with all that popcorn now? :(

gruntar

Augur
The general consensus is that it's a boring piece of trash not worth playing. It peaked at 110k viewers on Twitch, third of that this sellout Cohh, while Fallout 4 set a record for a singleplayer game with 240k viewers. Very few videos are created on youtube, most of them are negative. It gets review bombed, and threads about it on various forums, including this one, are moving at a snail peace. No amount of cringy memes about Todd and Bethesda could save that game now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom