Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Kitchen Utensil

The casuals have spoken.

UT '99 was a more casual game due to the lower barrier for entry. Q3 required actual genetic bias in your favour. You couldn't just fluke your way to kills, you needed to assert dominance.

We can argue about this all you want fellas, but at the end of the day UT '99 will always be Diet Quake. Nothing wrong with liking Diet products. Girls like them. Not everyone can handle the real deal, though. It's understandable.

AvP2 was best multiplayer shooter ever.

Best Alien game, that's for sure. Maybe it's the best Predator game too, but they're fags compared to the xenomorph master race.
Yeah,you sound line one of those people that see themself as hardcore while slurping soy. Quake3 was always the more simple and casual game of them shooters. You just move around and shoot,take the rocket and shoot at the feet,nothing in common with being skilful or thinking while playing.

If that's what you think Quake 3 is on a semi-decent level, you have no idea. Movement alone is about as complex as everything in UT combined. :p

But this whole argument is indeed pretty retarded to have nowadays, with both Quake 3 and UT being leagues better than what's popular today. Doesn't really matter which of the two you prefer tbh.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Yeah,you sound line one of those people that see themself as hardcore while slurping soy.

I bet the only reason you fucked with UT '99 is because Quake 3 had a CD-Key you couldn't crack.

Tell you what Fanta (your soda sucks, by the way), if I ever find a Delorean with plutonium power then I hope you find it in you to get off your pirate ship and square up and learn what getting gibbed is all about. They used to call me "Da Crusha."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah,you sound line one of those people that see themself as hardcore while slurping soy.

I bet the only reason you fucked with UT '99 is because Quake 3 had a CD-Key you couldn't crack.

Tell you what Fanta (your soda sucks, by the way), if I ever find a Delorean with plutonium power then I hope you find it in you to get off your pirate ship and square up and learn what getting gibbed is all about. They used to call me "Da Crusha."
Nah i had a lot of Q3 cd keys written on paper back then :) ,even made a tidy profit selling burned cds. I played both of them a lot,spend a lot of shekels in the pc clubs playing with friends,even made a few in friendly wagers. Ahhh the good old times of ass blasting newbs.

PS: Have no idea what a delorean is.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'll take your word for it. Don't call me a soy spider, though. It hurt my feelings.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Nah i had a lot of Q3 cd keys written on paper back then :) ,even made a tidy profit selling burned cds. I played both of them a lot,spend a lot of shekels in the pc clubs playing with friends,even made a few in friendly wagers. Ahhh the good old times of ass blasting newbs.

:timetoburn:

Cael

Arcane

You utter Philistine.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You utter Philistine.
That is not culture but american shit for children that don't know how to read books. :roll:

Cael

Arcane

You utter Philistine.
That is not culture but american shit for children that don't know how to read books. :roll:
Back To the Future is a classic. You, sir, are a worse than a Philistine. You are a palestinian!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You utter Philistine.
Back To the Future is a classic. You, sir, are a worse than a Philistine. You are a palestinian!
When people refer to a mediocre children's movie as a classic,you just know that they are a Philistine.

juliushorst

Literate
POS:
- Story (shitty, but still),
- NPCs,
- Picking your perks,
- Factions being present in the world and having their agendas,
- Crappy combat system,
- Singleplayer and mulltiplayer,
- Released on a single platform, not many people know about it,
- No Todd.

FO76:
- No story,
- No NPCs,
- Retarded random perk cards,
- Factions being only mentioned,
- Crappy combat system,
- Multiplayer only,
- Shat out on every possible platform and advertised like it's the second coming of Christ,
- Todd.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

You utter Philistine.

Bitch I read books, played games, and watched movies as a child. Only autistic faggots like yourself that are clearly still in high school or on your mothers teat are not able to comprehend more than one thing at a time. Tries to play off not knowing Back to the Future like a faggot...

iu

I see people arguing about what's better, and why, and I raise you

FALLOUT: BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL vs FALLOUT 76

Which is better, and why?

DISCUSS!

PoS had a better story than this shit. IT HAD NPC'S!

Last edited:

Generic-Giant-Spider

We've gone from F76 being a remarkably shitty game, Quake 3 vs. UT '99, and now getting pissed at Fantadomat for disrespecting Back to the Future.

What a rollercoaster this has been.

ZeniBot

Cipher
No point in talking about something when we've already won. See you when Starfield releases and is completely shit.
The dumpster fire rages on, I think we added enough fuel, Job well done. We'll be back to burn the next game to the ground.

Cael

Arcane
We've gone from F76 being a remarkably shitty game, Quake 3 vs. UT '99, and now getting pissed at Fantadomat for disrespecting Back to the Future.

What is next on the list,star wars being overrated?
The latest Star Wars (Episode 8) has a review which basically said, "How dare you call it bad??? It has stronk wymmyn! You misogynists!!!!!"

Is Star Wars overrated these days? What do you think?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

The latest Star Wars (Episode 8) has a review which basically said, "How dare you call it bad??? It has stronk wymmyn! You misogynists!!!!!"

What do you mean by latest? There are only three movies.

Wunderbar

Arcane

What do you mean by latest? There are only three movies.
Attack of the clones, The Last Jedi and Holiday special.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I see people arguing about what's better, and why, and I raise you

FALLOUT: BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL vs FALLOUT 76

Which is better, and why?

DISCUSS!
POS killed Black Isle and led to the IP being sold to Bethesda in the first place. I don't care what they've done with the IP since then, cancelling the original Fallout 3 in favor of that abortion was the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

Drakron

Arcane
POS killed Black Isle and led to the IP being sold to Bethesda in the first place. I don't care what they've done with the IP since then, cancelling the original Fallout 3 in favor of that abortion was the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

Interplay committed suicide by heavily going into console game development that didnt pay off, even if the problems come from before Titus and Herve ... Herve was the one that killed it by making even worst decisions that Fargo did before. Brotherhood of Steel was a attempt at switching to console games, just like Dark Alliance was a more successful attempt at doing the same with Baldur's Gate and you cannot blame one game that was just a reflection of Interplay changing from a PC developer/publisher to a console developer/publisher.

Also Van Buren was not cancelled in favor of Brotherhood of Steel, as Brotherhood of Steel was released in January 2004 and Van Buren was cancelled in Decemeber 2003, it was cancelled because Black Isle was shut down and the staff laid off, also Van Buren was the second attempt with the first one being stopped so they could work on ... Icewind Dale. (Funny enough it was meant to use what became Gamebryo)

I am regretting even opening this subreddit when someone linked it to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76Filthy...ive_information_breach_allows_people_to_find/

Not buying this game was a good decision on my part it seems.
People gave their credit card details to bethesturd. Seriously??? They all deserve all they get, then. Darwin Awards all round.

It's a joke, OP is linking the phonebook and according to one of the moderators credit card information wasn't leaked.

Credit card information wasn't leaked. Even with receipts from stores, they don't show enough information to compromise anything, and screenshots of purchase confirmations from Amazon don't have any payment information on it at all, other than your first name, what your purchased, when and how much you paid.

These were support tickets. No one's including full credit card information or other stuff like that in tickets for support in a video game.

Your address was so some people will probably receive visits from the SWAT party squad, though.

ADL

Prophet
Unironic effort post incoming. As a charisma main that leveled up long before any of these build calculators existed, I've seen the worst parts of the perk card system. For every three points in charisma, you can share a single rank of a perk card, which wasn't known by anyone day one and the game certainly didn't tell us so a lot of charisma mains that got mislead will be respeccing out of charisma on Tuesday. That means at charisma 15, you can share a rank five card (there's only three of them and they all suck, you'll mostly be sharing rank 3 cards). However, you can only share one card at a time no matter how much charisma you have, which is bullshit because there's a perk called Magnetic Personality which grants +2 charisma for every teammate in a party excluding yourself so +6 within a full team. That's enough charisma to share a single rank 2 (Magnetic Personality) or two rank 1s if it weren't for this bullshit restriction.

So basically you can get 21 charisma but you can only utilize up to 15 (again, not like you'd want to share those terrible rank 5 cards) with the 6 unused charisma only counting towards more caps from vendors. Most people who planned their charisma builds were planning on sharing magnetic personality granting the whole team +6 so we could share with them and they could share with us and you'd have some very interesting group play going on. Looking at these builds, you can imagine how sharing multiple perks within the party and your party sharing multiple back would be awesome and it's a goddamn shame they made the most interesting skill useless outside of bodyguards.

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...an2cm2cd0lt2au0et0ee2es0&w=&n=ADLTEAM2.0Power
https://nukesdragons.com/fallout76/...2cm2cd0lt2au0et0ej4i12&w=&n=ADLTEAM2.0Armored

The card system is interesting but the implementation is sloppy.
1.) Level gated cards are bullshit. Especially when new players don't know what's within a tree until they level up entirely. Just to be clear, this is overall level, it's not tied to the number of SPECIAL points.
2.) There should be an in game build calculator showing all the cards from the start and allowed players to chart a course towards what kind of role they're looking to play.
3.) The interface sucks shit and a lot of people didn't know that they could rank up a card within a different SPECIAL line while giving the actual point in another.
4.) Respec for this kind of game should've been in from the very start.
5.) The game should have warned you that you can only share up to one perk card.
6.) You should be able to share as many perks as your charisma allows. If that were allowed, Charisma builds would be extremely valuable and you'd see some very interesting group play. Without it, we're a minor convenience at most and we're under powered with very little benefit.
7.) There should've been extra incentive for leveling up a SPECIAL line all the way up to 15. Passives every three levels would be nice.
8.) Some cards shouldn't be in the game. Why do I have to equip a card to not lose most of my hunger/thirst bars within a CAMP?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom