Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Risewild

Arbiter
I wonder if rums are still drinkable after some months in a plastic bottle :?
The bottle isn't plastic, it's glass, the plastic "bottle" is just a cover to put over the glass bottle :lol:.

Angthoron

Arcane
To be serious for a moment, I really don't get CEs. I have a grand total of 4, which I guess is 4 too many, but two are from Larian, and the other 2 I wanted to support, so I got them.

What the fuck, just these 4 are enormous space hogs, and half of the content there is art/lore books.

Who has the fucking space and stupidity to put a fucking power armor helmet on display? How about a huge plastic nuke? Pair that with some other fucking shit, throw in those stupid bobbleheads and the monthly swagbox, and where the fuck are you supposed to live? Even with a large house, space gets filled up pretty quick.

ZeniBot

Cipher
So Bethesda is burning to the ground and Les Moonves goes into exile from the US. I reckon they're pretty fucked once his trial goes ahead.
It'll be on every newspaper and every TV News show. And when ever anyone looks up what's currently bankrolling him they'll have that nice ZENIMAX logo to look at.
All the normies will know then. And its gonna make them look REALLY bad if they don't fire his ass. Really they should've done so but Robbert Altman and Linda Carter are fucking idiots that they doubled down and defended him.
All these fuckers are gonna burn eventually. Hans Fire up the Ovens.

Angthoron

Arcane
Les Moonwhat?

What?

Also isn't that guy like a Zenimax owner for ages now? Why didn't he ruin all other games including Morrowind?

76 won't. TES6 will. I have without a doubt that they will completely screw that up on a epic level. It'd be Todd Howard's Spore moment.

If 76 is a glimpse into ES6 then you may be right.

Frankly I won't buy it even if RPG Codex says it's "good for what it is". Fuck I won't even pirate it, I got better shit to do with my time.

Don't forget Starfield. When in the middle of all this shit Bethesda came out to announced their next two games were running on this engine, it was beautiful. I almost couldn't even believe it. Everyone was talking about how garbage their engine is and Bethesda double downs on it and says the foreseeable future will be more of the same. Hilarious. What's that going to be, the next five to six years for Bethesda Games Studios games? Fallout 76 is going to be the gift that just keeps on giving.

It only took like twelve years, but it seems a good deal of Bethesda's audience has finally taken note of their problems.

Last edited:

ZeniBot

Cipher
Les Moonwhat?

What?

Also isn't that guy like a Zenimax owner for ages now? Why didn't he ruin all other games including Morrowind?

The reason is because Altman didn't give too many shits about the company at that time, they were expecting to go bankrupt.
Altman began taking direct control over everything around the time Fallout 3 came out.
The Les Moonves issue is that when he is eventually convicted (and we all hope he is because he's done some horrible shit to people) people will start doing retrospectives and documentaries on his history, Zenimax will come up. Its the last thing the company wants given the controversies it currently has. It is going to bring Zenimax into the public spotlight and in a massively negative way.

Turjan

Arcane
Wonder how many people on Codex are secretly playing FO76 and pretending to hate it when they post here.
There were a few people in this thread who openly stated that they play it. Personally, I haven't played any online multiplayer game since UO, and that was a long time ago. My interest in the thread stems more from playing Fallout 4 rather recently, which I liked for the building options in there and some of the excellent mods in that direction, not because it's a good Fallout game. And when I saw FO76, it just looked like a slightly modded FO4 with some Skyrim thrown in, tied to Bethesda's "beloved" Creation Club mechanics and other stuff I didn't like about FO4. What keeps me here are Bethesda's consistent efforts to entertain people who didn't pay for or play the game. They should switch on the lootboxes soon, as it seems to get a bit boring.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wonder how many people on Codex are secretly playing FO76 and pretending to hate it when they post here.
There were a few people in this thread who openly stated that they play it. Personally, I haven't played any online multiplayer game since UO, and that was a long time ago. My interest in the thread stems more from playing Fallout 4 rather recently, which I liked for the building options in there and some of the excellent mods in that direction, not because it's a good Fallout game. And when I saw FO76, it just looked like a slightly modded FO4 with some Skyrim thrown in, tied to Bethesda's "beloved" Creation Club mechanics and other stuff I didn't like about FO4. What keeps me here are Bethesda's consistent efforts to entertain people who didn't pay for or play the game. They should switch on the lootboxes soon, as it seems to get a bit boring.
I saw my little cunt of a nephew play FO76 on Christmas day. He was playing it on PS4 and it looked like shit and I'm glad I didn't buy it. Funny thing is that every time I see the game in store it's cheaper and cheaper. But I wouldn't even play it for free.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Les Moonwhat?

What?

The reason is because Altman didn't give too many shits about the company at that time, they were expecting to go bankrupt.
Altman began taking direct control over everything around the time Fallout 3 came out.
The Les Moonves issue is that when he is eventually convicted (and we all hope he is because he's done some horrible shit to people) people will start doing retrospectives and documentaries on his history, Zenimax will come up. Its the last thing the company wants given the controversies it currently has. It is going to bring Zenimax into the public spotlight and in a massively negative way.
Good riddance, burn zenimax to the ground, until only cinders remain.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No one gives a fuck about board members. Moonves has barely hurt CBS, the company he actually ran—no way his association will do more damage to Zenimax.

Sykar

Arcane

images

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I saw the game on a key seller site for 10 euros and I was tempted to buy it in order to see how bad it really is.

Then I came to my senses and remembered it will probably go free to play in few months anyway.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I saw the game on a key seller site for 10 euros and I was tempted to buy it in order to see how bad it really is.

Then I came to my senses and remembered it will probably go free to play in few months anyway.
That would be a safe guess, considering elder scrolls online is now free to play as well, and it was far more successful than 76.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That would be a safe guess, considering elder scrolls online is now free to play as well, and it was far more successful than 76.

I would say that the only reason to not going too quickly free to play would be that it would piss off their paying customers.

But seeing how in span of few months they did everything in their power to shit on them it seems they would go free to play just for that reason alone.

Squid

Arbiter
ESO just doesn't require a subscription anymore, you just buy the base game and I think the major expansions. They have a premium subscription or something to help boost your loot and shit though.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Didn't ESO drop its subscription because of it being released on consoles? I know that using online on consoles these days requires you to pay a subscription, I guess they thought asking for a subscription upfront on top of that would turn people away.

All I know is if you plan to actually do shit in that game you pretty much need that crafting bag thing which requires the optional subscription.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Didn't ESO drop its subscription because of it being released on consoles? I know that using online on consoles these days requires you to pay a subscription, I guess they thought asking for a subscription upfront on top of that would turn people away.

All I know is if you plan to actually do shit in that game you pretty much need that crafting bag thing which requires the optional subscription.
You dare speak to me after never showing up for our duel?

Squid

Arbiter
If I were a spider, I wouldn't be taunting a bird. Unless I was a really big spider and I ate birds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom