Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Codex Year of the Donut

https://map76.com/
Map76 is Officially Closed
I am officially shutting down all development and support for all of my Fallout 76 related tools. The reasons why listed below.

Beth banned one of my accounts and wont respond to support requests
I have dedicate a lot of time and resources to this game and making tools. This map is just one tool of many. I am in a group of data miners that mine the game and who find and report exploits and bugs. An exploit was leaked about a month ago on an obscure forum. We discovered it, tested to make sure it was real, and reported it directly to the community managers. Our accounts that we used to verify the exploit were promptly banned. We have been contacting support explaining that we are the ones who discovered and reported it, but have not gotten a response. This has been going on for weeks now.

My request to cancel my Fallout 1st membership and request a refund have gone unanswered.
I tried to cancel and get a refund for my Fallout 1st membership because it is not what was promised, from stash boxes losing junk, private worlds not being private at all, the Survival tent randomly disappearing, and none of the promised Atom shop discounts. So far, they are just ignoring my requests.

Update:
I finally got a response, on this. The gist of it, I spent some of the atoms, so I can go fuck myself.

"For buying this car, we are throwing in a gift card to our gift shop."
Car is not as advertised.
"I need my money back"
"Oooh sorry, you already spent that gift card in our gift shop.

Here is the thing. $14 is nothing. It is nothing to me, and more importantly, it is nothing to them. But, there are principals here. They charged money for a broken product that was not as advertised. And they would rather lose a customer who was that die hard fanboy and has spent hundreds of dollars buying atoms, has purchased 6 accounts, has helped find and fix bugs, has created heavily used community tools, and helped build a community around this game, than give me back my $14.

You didn't save $14 you dumb greedy pieces of shit. You lost a steady revenue stream and free community tools.

NW only rewards
Once again, the only new free content released requires you to play Nuclear Winter to earn them. The problem Is NW on PC is full of hackers killing everyone on the map from across the map. Reports to Beth just fall on deaf ears. You are required to just get your ass kicked for 3 days straight by hackers to earn the rewards.

Bugs are out of control
Every update introduces more bugs than are fixed. It is out of control and it is only getting worse.

If they quit giving a shit about this game, I will to
Beth quit giving a shit about Fallout 76 and it's players a long time ago. It is time we all stop giving a shit about it as well. Here, I'll start.

Beastro

Arcane
"radiant ai will finish the game before you if you take too long" totally not pretentious.

What game is that from? An old one or a new one coming up?

My big question about it is if it was/would be even implemented at all. However honest Todd was there, he'll still promise the world about any game.

Starwars

Arcane
It's all just a PR stunt so they can pull the good ol' "well, we realized our mistakes with Fallout 76... but now, with Fallout 5, we're going back to our old-school Fallout 3 roots once again!"

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does someone have the propaganda poster "STOP HIM AND THE JOB'S DONE", with Toddler's face on it?
ZjTlzqs.png

8wSw17a.png

I'll file that under 'learning how to photoshop'. The result is also marred by the blank expression, too.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does someone have the propaganda poster "STOP HIM AND THE JOB'S DONE", with Toddler's face on it?
ZjTlzqs.png

8wSw17a.png

I'll file that under 'learning how to photoshop'. The result is also marred by the blank expression, too.

Did another try, keeping Todd's ears that time:

UTqMatF.png
Looks more smooth, but I kinda enjoy the goblin-eared Todd :lol:

Yeah, the ears on the original are really something. I think the biggest issue is how different the shape of the two faces are

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom