Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
2D-pixelated indie RPG set in the Fallout universe.

:desu:
so, underrail?

I forgot the letter J before RPG.

gFRtUDy.png

QjQy8U4.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They are lending out the IP just as they did with obsidian with Fallout NV. also giving Beth time to develop on starfield or whatever it is they are doing. So no... prob not a fallout 5 but a fallout spin off.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
My bets are from least to most likely,

Brand new Fallout game from BGS.
Unlikely but a possibility as FO4 is 3 years old by now and BGS' general schedule is one game every 2-4 years, but I expect them to make TES:VI first. A curiosity of mine is how it was specifically Bethesda Game Studios that tweeted it out first, rather than Zenimax or Bethesda Softworks which may indicate BGS' involvement.
Brand new Fallout game from a third party studio a la Fallout New Vegas.
Again unlikely but a possibility, but if it is the case I don't know who would make it as there aren't any other very skilled RPG studios under Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian isn't involved.
Some new Zenimax Online Studios game.
They're still working on TES:O, but I find this quite likely as studios generally start planning projects after they are done with another.
FO3/NV/4 Switch port/remaster
Self explanatory. They've ported other games to the platform and I'm pretty sure they want to do it more. If they also port it over to PS4 and Xbox then they can also shill for their Creation Club scam some more.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
A FNV remaster could be incline, the same way they did with Skyrim remastered. And free if you already have the game.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bethesda has repeatedly said that they haven’t even started working on TES VI. They want to release it on the next console generation. And I doubt they would use the exact same marketing gimmick they did for the release of Fallout 4 for anything less than a full game, either from BGS or more likely some third party.

While I wouldn’t mind playing New Vegas in the newer engine, anyone with real sources has said it’s a new game. This would be a retarded way to market a remaster—it would piss off way too many people. While Bethesda is greedy and really bad at making RPGs, they’re generally pretty good at selling stuff.

Ovg

Cipher
An FNV remake would only be good if free for people with original NV. Otherwise it'd be foolish to buy a game just for some graphics goodies. Unless they went and put some fo4 faces and stuff in it.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
However I doubt it's a remaster at this point..... what would MCA write?

The new spin-off game sounds most plausiable at this point, made by Arkane or Machinegames which are under Zenimax.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron

The new spin-off game sounds most plausiable at this point, made by Arkane or Machinegames which are under Zenimax.

...what changed in the last few hours? Not that I disagree with your new outlook, but there have been zero developments since you were spamming remaster posts not too long ago.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

...what changed in the last few hours? Not that I disagree with your new outlook, but there have been zero developments since you were spamming remaster posts not too long ago.

If MCA is writing for this, F3/NV is already written so there is nothing new to write, so it has to be a new game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Maybe he read the thread more carefully after his initial kneejerk reaction and spotted the Kotaku article saying it wasn't a remaster.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure it's Arkane or MachineGames. BGS seems to have expanded in recent years.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I think its pretty much confirmed we will see MCA work in this.
Some marketing involvement, at the very least.
Soon it'll be hard to find a company who hasn't been able to use avellone's name (most of the time with his full consent though) to promote their game.
I don't see how he would refuse to do it for Bethesda if he did it for Beamdog/WOTC.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Chris said that none of the RPGs he’s working on will be revealed at E3; then again, since Bethesda’s not really in the RPG business, that doesn’t rule anything out.

The “I missed you” drawing came out on Fallout’s 20th anniversary, so I’m not sure I’d draw any conclusions from that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom