Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Gerrard

Arcane
Framerate exploit has been fixed by ignoring the whole content of the ini files.
latest
Is the FPS capped though, or does looking down still make you run faster?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the FPS capped though, or does looking down still make you run faster?

Capped at 63 fps, but now that you mention it, if your framerate is around 25-30, which seems to be common, looking downwards will still give you a boost towards that 60. So, at least there is a cap on the exploit now, I guess. :lol:

A friend of mine said it right - with this kind of quality this game would have made sense to be F2P, not a $60 release.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Pete Hines, master of damage control. "I have no idea what is going on, but everything is there for a reason. Now shut up, press is watching."
Seriously, the guy is so bad at his job... does he have blackmail material on Lynda Carter or why do they keep him?

illuknisaa

Cipher
I don't know about you guys but I'm excited for fo76. This time it's going to be extra fun because normies are getting mad. The shitstorm is going to be glorious.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
Ah the Fallout multiplayer experience. Next; screeching children!

I guess you didn't check the thread

Reddit user said:
As soon as I loaded in there was a guy calmly talking over the deafening screeching of his children. So loud I had to restart the game because I totally missed all the voiceover from the overseer. Those kids didn't even take a breath, if it wasn't so obnoxious it would have been impressive.

Reddit user said:
My first interaction was in the character creator I hear a lady off in the distance talking about how she was evicted from her trailer park and was trying to sue her ex husband

Reddit user said:
I was on the phone with my girlfriend while creating my characters when someone said "yo who the fuck is talking to their bitch like a bitch" lol

Immersive!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know about you guys but I'm excited for fo76. This time it's going to be extra fun because normies are getting mad. The shitstorm is going to be glorious.
My feelings exactly. Excited to see the trainwreck, the youtube meltdowns, the shilling articles, futile attempts to rally the crowds, the other shilling articles who will turn on the game in order to save face, will pretend they just saw for the first time the same issues that people have been calling out Bethesda on for a decade...

It's going to be glorious.

Moink

Cipher
I honestly doubt there will be much defence from the various gaming rags, doubly so after the Diablo fiasco made them (more of) a laughing stock.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am still puzzled by the actual status of this B.E.T.A.

It's far too close to the release date to be a real beta, plus Pete's claim that people will keep their progress points more towards an early-access/stress test situation.
Yet we have those glaring problems like a multitude of possible exploits, that seem to have caught them by surprise.

Bethesda is no amateur when it comes to PR, their games are mostly sold thanks to yuge advertisement budgets. They must be aware how dangerous negative publicity is as well. So far the "mainstream journalists" are still pretty calm, happy with their guided tour and a bag full of "we fix that until launch" promises.
But having such an "open beta" with a game in THIS condition, then responding to reports of bugs/exploits with some half-assed "that's not correct but we look into it" denials is bound to create a lot of mistrust and butthurt, especially among those "youtube celebrities". Who I have been told have quite a bit of influence these days.

Heh, wouldn't be surprised if the problem is only the PC version, and Beth's reaction will be that all future titles will be console only, to get rid of that entitled bunch all together.

At this point it would be incline.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Reddit user said:
I was on the phone with my girlfriend while creating my characters when someone said "yo who the fuck is talking to their bitch like a bitch" lol

Immersive!
It'd actually be pretty amazing if a gimmick of the game was that everyone has a chance to get live meta-commentary courtesy of Doctor Ebonics from Zombie '90 Extreme Pestilence.

Zer0wing

Cipher
A friend of mine said it right - with this kind of quality this game would have made sense to be F2P, not a $60 release.
No wonder, Fo76 reeks F2P. Just look at the abomination that replaces SPECIAl now, cards with different rarity levels aren't just for the show.

ZeniBot

Cipher
Wonder how long before Bethesda fucks everyone over who bought the game and turns it into A Free-To-Play game?
Same time it took for Quake Champions to go F2P about a year. Anyone that bought either game is a retard because it was obvious what Bethesda was pulling.
They deserve what they get, paying a publisher for early access. And then they get all butt hurt when the game comes out with bugs, well maybe next time don't reward the publisher for doing the wrong thing.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wonder how long before Bethesda fucks everyone over who bought the game and turns it into A Free-To-Play game?
Same time it took for Quake Champions to go F2P about a year. Anyone that bought either game is a retard because it was obvious what Bethesda was pulling.
They deserve what they get, paying a publisher for early access. And then they get all butt hurt when the game comes out with bugs, well maybe next time don't reward the publisher for doing the wrong thing.
I didn't even know you could purchase Quake Championship. So I think the chances of F76 being F2P a year or so from now isn't that far fetched. How the shit do people keep buying Bethesda games.

illuknisaa

Cipher
I'm betting the game is gonna be on life support in a year. Beth will release some content patches and do few hack fixes but they just aren't into "fixing the game" so the normies will complain all over social media until they decide to just dump the game to a maintenance crew. Fallout 4 was basically dumped in a year.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Ah the Fallout multiplayer experience. Next; screeching children!

I guess you didn't check the thread

Reddit user said:
As soon as I loaded in there was a guy calmly talking over the deafening screeching of his children. So loud I had to restart the game because I totally missed all the voiceover from the overseer. Those kids didn't even take a breath, if it wasn't so obnoxious it would have been impressive.

Reddit user said:
My first interaction was in the character creator I hear a lady off in the distance talking about how she was evicted from her trailer park and was trying to sue her ex husband

Reddit user said:

Immersive!

ADL

Prophet
No wonder, Fo76 reeks F2P. Just look at the abomination that replaces SPECIAl now, cards with different rarity levels aren't just for the show.
The SPECIAL card system is unironically the best system they've had since the isometric games.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Lingwe

Liturgist
The boot licking Bethesda fan boys have started to break down and start rioting on the Fallout sub reddits about the fucking terrible game design that they have only just realised Bethesda inflicts upon us. Since there's only like a week to go until the "full release" aka first in a long series of patches that will take another year, even the people are normally happy to eat whatever shit Bethesda serves up are complaining. It's glorious.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Bethesda serves up are complaining. It's glorious.

Because they wanted Fallout 3, and this is the best Fallout since Fallout 1 and 2, this fallout has a lot more in common with fallout 1 than fallout 3, new vegas, 4 ever had, that's why they are complaining.

This is fallout back to the roots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom