Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 reception

mfkndggrfll

Learned
Shitposter Bethestard
So I kinda missed the train here. F76 has been released about 2 months ago and as expected its a steaming pile of shit.

Can anyone share info regarding it's release aside from the fact that its garbage?

Did Bethesda's shares drop? Did it hurt them financially? Are they suffering as much as they should?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Not really. Fallout 76 hasn't hurt Bethesda that much, considering other companies have lost much more without even releasing games at all, like Activision with the Diablo Immortal travesty...

Also, having played Fallout 76, i have to say that most retards are overreacting. It has become a meme to trashtalk Fallout 76, a lot of Youtube shills have found a new bandwagon and a new cheap excuse to rake in the views, and in my opinion Fallout 76 does not deserve this much hate.

Is Fallout 76 a great game? No, of course not, and the reasons are obvious.

Does Fallout 76 deserve all that hate? NO! It is a decent multiplayer rust clone. It is a fine survival shooter. It has nice graphics, nice gunplay, and most people who have ACTUALLY PLAYED it and don't rely just on hearsay and what youtube shills are saying, have had fun playing it...

It is buggy, as is usual with Bethesda games.

It is very unoptimized, as is usual with most AAA games these days.

It lacks content, and it is full with microtransactions, again, like is typical with AAA games these days...

But why so much hate for Fallout 76? It is not the only game that had issues at launch, or that had microtransactions... It was never supposed to be a single player RPG... So why all the retards, autists, and spergs, cry so much about it?

I don't particularly like Fallout 76, but i fail to see how it is much worse than other online FPS trash, seriously.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Does Fallout 76 deserve all that hate? NO! It is a decent multiplayer rust clone. It is a fine survival shooter. It has nice graphics, nice gunplay, and most people who have ACTUALLY PLAYED it and don't rely just on hearsay and what youtube shills are saying, have had fun playing it...

Can we force this into his signature so people know exactly who they are talking to?

Mustawd

Not really. Fallout 76 hasn't hurt Bethesda that much, considering other companies have lost much more without even releasing games at all, like Activision with the Diablo Immortal travesty...

Wrong.

We’re not privvy to inside info, but a few signs point to failure:

1. Almost 50% discount after a couple of weeks. By comparison, AAA titles with healthy sales, lile RDR2, did not have any discounts.

2. Gamespot had their quarterly earnings release and basically blamed a lot of the quarterly slowdown on FO76:

Obviously, you can see in the market what the Metacritic scores are around Fallout 76, and that's impacted its sell-through. I'll probably just leave it at that

3. In the UK physical sales were down 80% from FO4.

All these signs point to the fact that FO76 performed extremely poorly.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Can we force this into his signature so people know exactly who they are talking to?

You can't take things someone said out of context because you reach the wrong conclusions. I never said that Fallout 76 was a great game, or that it was an RPG. But since apparently most of you are butthurt faggots who just wanna hate Bethesda for the sake of hating them because you think that makes your pathetic existence cool, fine, i will put it on my signature myself.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Wrong.

We’re not privvy to inside info, but a few signs point to failure:

1. Almost 50% discount after a couple of weeks. By comparison, AAA titles with healthy sales, lile RDR2, did not have any discounts.

2. Gamespot had their quarterly earnings release and basically blamed a lot of the quarterly slowdown on FO76:

3. In the UK physical sales were down 80% from FO4.

All these signs point to the fact that FO76 performed extremely poorly.

I never said the opposite bruh. Obviously FO76 sold rather poorly. But it was a minimal investment game. It is just a mod for Fallout 4... They didn't exactly spend a fortune making it.

All the things Todd Howard claimed about 300 devs and what not, are huge lies. Any company that claims to having spent millions to develop a game are probably lying through their teeth. The way they calculate these sums is not the way you or i would calculate them...

I would be VERY surprised if more than 30 people worked at that project full time for more than a few months... And that is pushing it...

All other devs obviously develop other games and perhaps contributed a few things to FO76 as a helping hand, and Todd counts them as devs to make FO76 not look like the cashgrab it is... Typical AAA marketing tactic.

Doktor Best

Arcane

You can't take things someone said out of context because you reach the wrong conclusions. I never said that Fallout 76 was a great game, or that it was an RPG. But since apparently most of you are butthurt faggots who just wanna hate Bethesda for the sake of hating them because you think that makes your pathetic existence cool, fine, i will put it on my signature myself.

I'm not drawing any conclusions, but i know from the footage that i saw and from my experience with former gamebryo Fallouts that the gunplay indeed is shit (because of narrow FOV, bulletsponge enemies, bad animations and simply bad gunplay). And for the graphics, well we also have video evidence for that.

I will go as far to say that yes, this alone doesnt 100% guarantee that the game is shit. But New Vegas saving grace was quest design, character design and story and i haven heard good things about those points in F76 either. The last thing that F76 could have going for it would be the survival aspect, but i guess we will never find out if i like them because theres a bigger chance of a snowflake surviving a day in hell than me buying this pile of garbage.

It is best we leave it at that and i will remain suspicious of your judgement based on the things you like and i know i wont for sure.

Thanks for updating your signature though, highly appreciated.

Loostreaks

Learned
Remains to be seen until their next SP game arrives. Bethesda's biggest advantage is that no one still makes the same type of open world whatever-you-call-it game on the market. But things are changing, and it could be much worse for them, on next release... Cyberpunk, Star Citizen, and probably a few others.
For 76? Absolute trash. Worst shooting mechanics I've seen from "AAA", laughable "progression system", pointless survival mechanics, enemy AI, etc, etc.
They knew it was crap, but probably expected strong blind sales on release.
This was a horrible misjudgement from Bethesda. Their story/telling and quest design are not exactly "good", but they serve as background for LARP-ing in their worlds.
Remove it and you have a themepark with copy paste dungeons with worthless gameplay, level design, progression and loot.

Loostreaks

Learned
It is a fine survival shooter. It has nice graphics, nice gunplay

I mean dude...

This is embarrassing for a major publisher. Even EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft would cancel this crap than go for cash grab, knowing it would hurt their reputation more.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I mean dude...

This is embarrassing for a major publisher. Even EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft would cancel this crap than go for cash grab, knowing it would hurt their reputation more.

Look, all these retards who exploit Youtube's system to syphon money away from products we all buy so they can play video games and become rich, just need drama like this to have more views. It is a hate bandwagon. It is not the first time it happened, it won't be the last. A time ago it was Star Wars Battlefront 2, or Overwatch lootboxes, or Shadow of War microtransactions, or Mass Effect Andromeda animations etc etc, they always find something to blow out of proportion so they can have content to complain about and get EZ money...

That means, they identify a rather small issue in a popular game, and make it appear much more important than it is, and complain about it for 10 minutes or so per video, and gain thousands of views and thus, money...

You say it is "embarrasing" for a major publisher. What THE FUCK is "embarrasing"?

Wasn't EA the one who released Sim City in 2013, that didn't even WORK for any customer? You know, the game they eventually were FORCED to make available offline because they just couldn't service the players online...

Wasn't Ubisoft who released Assassin Creed Unity and Watch Dogs 1 in 2014 with TONS OF BUGS that literally rendered the games initially a joke?

AAA publishers do these shit all the time dude. ALL the time.

Fallout 76 isn't nearly that bad. It is just the easy peasy punch bag for retards. Stop being a retard.

Hellion

Arcane
As I wrote in my review which I posted at the time, the only possible way to have any kind of fun with this game objectively is to force yourself to ignore the bugs, find 2-3 other friends and say "ok my dudes, let's go collect duct tape and shoot at stuff together". Something that you can also do in literally hundreds of other objectively better games, I guess.

Subjectively, someone has every right to say "well, despite all the hate, *I* liked the game", sure. Kudos to anyone who did. But the notion that "everyone who's bashing the game is just a bethesda-hating shill who hasn't really played it" is autism bordering on retardo.

This might be the FIRST GAME in the entire HISTORY of gaming that 100% deserved every single morsel of the bashing it received, even by people who used to shill for Bethesda in the past. Even Daikatana, which was considered the archetypical gaming flop up until recently, had more redeeming qualities content-wise compared to this dumpsterfire.

Space Nugget

I mean dude...

Look, all these retards who exploit Youtube's system to syphon money away from products we all buy so they can play video games and become rich, just need drama like this to have more views. It is a hate bandwagon. It is not the first time it happened, it won't be the last. A time ago it was Star Wars Battlefront 2, or Overwatch lootboxes, or Shadow of War microtransactions, or Mass Effect Andromeda animations etc etc, they always find something to blow out of proportion so they can have content to complain about and get EZ money...

That means, they identify a rather small issue in a popular game, and make it appear much more important than it is, and complain about it for 10 minutes or so per video, and gain thousands of views and thus, money...

You say it is "embarrasing" for a major publisher. What THE FUCK is "embarrasing"?

Wasn't EA the one who released Sim City in 2013, that didn't even WORK for any customer? You know, the game they eventually were FORCED to make available offline because they just couldn't service the players online...

Wasn't Ubisoft who released Assassin Creed Unity and Watch Dogs 1 in 2014 with TONS OF BUGS that literally rendered the games initially a joke?

AAA publishers do these shit all the time dude. ALL the time.

Fallout 76 isn't nearly that bad. It is just the easy peasy punch bag for retards. Stop being a retard.

Do you really believe stuff like this is blown out of proportion?

Or Battlefront 2 pay-to-win scheme? "Oh, it's good for what it is", "it's fun with friends", "it's from X or Y dev team, I'm gonna support them". "Don't mind the haters", like the people pointing the issues (youtubers and whatnot) are The Problem.

It's all fine and dandy, and that's why this industry keeps "raising" the bar when it comes to anti-consumer practices and ever-lowering quality standards. You people keep buying into it. :M

Mustawd

Nigga is a bottom tier troll. It’s obvious. I don’t need to waste my time with either Templar or the OP. Laters o7

Courland

Literate
I'm still not sure what exactly happened in the minds of anyone who thought this was a good idea. Not only did they make a worse version of fallout 4, they made it actively worse by having:
  • Micro transactions
  • A shitty trading card gimmick
  • Always on microphones
  • No 3rd party mods
  • No NPCs, which means all quests come from text dumps or monologues (or whatever else)
Bethesda's latest fallout and elderscrolls games have always been very buggy and on PC you usually wouldn't play without mods because of how broken they are on release. Luckily they've been reusing the same engine for all of their games.
Honestly there's not a lot to be said about the actual game. It's shite, but there are some other noteworthy things Bethesda did after the release of FO76

The vanilla experience of the game is absolute garbage, it's FO4 on launch. Some players who modded the game to uncap the framerate (because 30 FPS is for plebs) or upgrade the graphics got banned for using those mods. I've heard some stories from players, who got banned for using mods, that bethesda sends them an email telling them they can appeal their ban if they write an essay about why mods are bad.

Aside from the actual game Bethesda also had a lot of fun screwing over customers who bought the collector's edition (why would you even buy that) by lying about the material one of the items was made out of. When people opened customer support tickets to complain about the collector's edition; there was a bug on the support site where other people could view these tickets, which contained the customers' adress, credit card information and full names.
Around the same time Bethesda also started selling 'nuka dark rum', which was rum in bottles shaped like nuka cola. For the advertisements they used bottles shaped like the ones from the games but when people got their nuka cola in the mail, it turned out that the bottles were just plastic containers and inside were much smaller bottles of rum.

Again I'm not sure what exactly happened but it feels like Bethesda is trying to contend with giants like EA and Ubisoft for worst gaming company and they're getting there.

Mustawd

Again I'm not sure what exactly happened but it feels like Bethesda is trying to contend with giants like EA and Ubisoft for worst gaming company and they're getting there.

Welcome to December 2018.

ADL

Prophet
This isn't saying much but Fallout 76 is unironically their best release since Morrowind.

Angthoron

Arcane
Anything that poisons the well of Bethesda made MP-centric games and Bethesda made Fallouts, and turns them away from this specific type of gameplay and franchise is a good turd turn of events.

Templar is not the hero we need, but the hero we want.
If only he'd turn out to be an hero we get...

Glad to see you still post around here

dextermorgan

Arcane
Why do people who already earned the Dumbfuck! tag have to keep making retarded posts? Are there additional tiers of dumbfuck? Is there skillrust system in place?

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
I find it sorta silly that you'd get this adversarial to defend a game that you only enjoy in passing and are perfectly willing to admit that it's okay at best.

Myobi

Liturgist
I'll just say I picked it up today for 10€ and until the modding community really jumps into it, I'll still probably regret it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom