Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 reception

m_s0

Arcane
Ah, I didn't know that was a thing. Well, good luck then.

Myobi

Liturgist
Ah, I didn't know that was a thing. Well, good luck then.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda manages to fuck that up as well, I believe they already said something about p.servers having to go "trough" Bethesda, whatever the fuck that might mean, my best guess is that your "p.servers" will only be hosted by Bethesda, which means that local server won't be a options, players will have to rent them to Bethesda, and considering the stability of the official servers, I don't think I like that idea much.

But it's just a guess, hopefully I'm wrong, because p.servers and modding is really my only hope for this damn game.

modder support that is supposed to come later

I've heard this one before...

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda manages to fuck that up as well, I believe they already said something about p.servers having to go "trough" Bethesda, whatever the fuck that might mean, my best guess is that your "p.servers" will only be hosted by Bethesda, which means that local server won't be a options, players will have to rent them to Bethesda, and considering the stability of the official servers, I don't think I like that idea much.

Bethesda probably wants to make sure they can still ban players for wrongthink even on private servers.

Myobi

Liturgist
Why do you have hope for this

What is wrong with you

I have hope for what the modding community can still do with it, in Bethesda on other hand...

As for what's wrong with me... shit, I don't even know where to begin.

Bethesda probably wants to make sure they can still ban players for wrongthink even on private servers.

Don't be silly, Bethesda doesn't even have control over their own servers... just look at the dupping situation for example.

They just want cash, and the less effort it takes to make it the better.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
p.servers and modding is really my only hope for this damn game.

Yep, pretty much like all previous Beth games it will be ok for what it is with a crap ton of mods. Though I am not so sure if private servers will happen? It certainly wont be any time soon as they have so much shit to fix.

And just as I predicted, the drooling masses will swing towards positivity, it is already beginning on youtube:

Please, for the love of god dont actually watch this video, Im just showing it as evidence.

Angthoron

Arcane
Clicking videos from Codex links has infected my Youtube suggestions algorithm with some kind of shitty "Guy making stupid faces reacts to youtube videos"

How do I purge this shit out of my life

And how did it even get there

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Clicking videos from Codex links has infected my Youtube suggestions algorithm with some kind of shitty "Guy making stupid faces reacts to youtube videos"

Delete your whole watch history

Myobi

Liturgist
I'll just say I picked it up today for 10€ and until the modding community really jumps into it, I'll still probably regret it.
>Online Only
>Modding
Good luck with that.

I mean, the p.server & modder support that is supposed to come later this year.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Also: https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-private-servers-mod-support

Yep, pretty much like all previous Beth games it will be ok for what it is with a crap ton of mods. Though I am not so sure if private servers will happen? It certainly wont be any time soon as they have so much shit to fix..

Proper mods will only come with the private servers, and the issue it's not when, but how, because apparently Bethesda wants to make extra money from those by kind of forcing the players to rent them out.

Last edited:
Proper mods will only come with the private servers, and the issue it's not when, but how, because apparently Bethesda wants to make extra money from those by kind of forcing the players to rent them out.

I wonder if they'll force all mods to go through their own storefront.

Squid

Arbiter
Don't be silly, Bethesda doesn't even have control over their own servers... just look at the dupping situation for example.
The bug that occurs when you try to use a private server that Bethesda manages, is that it takes control of all the hardware on your home network and uses what it can for another Fallout 76 server. Don't trust it.

Myobi

Liturgist
I wonder if they'll force all mods to go through their own storefront.

I wouldn't be surprised either... *cough*paidmodstrikeback*cough*

The bug that occurs when you try to use a private server that Bethesda manages, is that it takes control of all the hardware on your home network and uses what it can for another Fallout 76 server. Don't trust it.

In other words, private servers will be just like the official one then, hosted in microwaves and tamagotchis.

Squid

Arbiter
Why the hell would you insult the technological marvels achieved by the tamagotchi by comparing it to a Fallout 76 server?

DraQ

Arcane

"Right to be forgotten" + The Face That Never Remembered = ?
:M

Angthoron

Arcane

"Right to be forgotten" + The Face That Never Remembered = ?
JbjJKCn.png

Yea I had that same googly eyed fuck face show up on my recommended list, clicking "not interested" never felt so good.

The problem is there seems to be an endless number of "Asmongold Highlights" channels that keep popping up. I still have to shoot one down about once a week. I can't fucking stand the sight of that little twerp's face.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom