Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout crashing (Spoilers possible)

John Syron

Novice
Last night the game crashed while I was exploring the northwest military base. This is the second time the game has crashed for me; last time I uninstalled the game and started over, but this time I'm going to try to save my character, since he's too close to the end of the game (only this Base and the Cathedral left.)
The hard drive has more than enough capacity, but I'm getting the error message to the effect of "20 MB required, out of space". I've been quick-saving frequently but permanently-saving to one slot, the first. Does anyone know what the problem is?
How exactly do the ten save-slots work again? Thanks.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'd try the HUMUNGOUS installation, actually. See if it isn't some kind of weird caching problem first and foremost.

Spazmo

Erudite
Fallout hates WinXP, and vice-versa. If I were you, I would uninstall FO (keeping your saves, naturally) and reinstall the game using the advice provided here. Good luck!

John Syron

Novice
Thanks, Spazmo and Saint Proverbius. Last night I compressed the save files and was able to play the game again. After rereading the manual, it looks as if I wasn't using the ten save-slots correctly. Hopefully I will be able to finish the game now without uninstalling, but I've bookmarked the site in case I need to try W95/98.

Now if I can finish off the Lieutenant and Base.....

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
hey

My game always gets an Error under Win2000 pro and it will always do it at random points, but I always have my savegame right before it and nowhere else. I always reload the savegame then after my turn in battle BAng error. I basically have the first part of the game conversations memorized word for word, because I always restart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom