Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout et tu lets you play Fallout in the Fallout 2 engine

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
I couldn't care less about this.
Fallout 1 is perfect as it is.

Self-Ejected

Daze

Red Panda Alt
Playing ATOM RPG right now.
Devs knew that companions shooting you in the back is an important feature.
:love:

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Perks are in, except for a few stupid ones that I have removed. Level cap is 21 so you probably won't see most of them either way.

Skills are calculated in the same way as in Fo1.

As others mentioned before, "Tell me about" has been recreated by us (said to be impossible), and even expanded upon. We also added in "impossible" stuff like red dots and terrain info to the worldmap.
Heh, I've always been a fan of this functionality so this alone makes it worth installing.

Farewell young Prince into the night

Do you get a memory error? If so, what does it say?

Yes, sir.

"The instruction at 004200c2 referenced memory at 0000000b
The memory could not be read from."

Lexx

Cipher
Can you upload your savegame somewhere? I'd like to check if the game will crash for me as well.

Lexx

Cipher
Wouldnt new weapons and perks completely destroy the balace in F1???
Speaking as if the balance in Fo1 wasn't completely destroyed by the devs themselves. :D

No, seriously - Fo1 is completely broken on every level. Economy, combat, weapon balance, ... it's all over the place. If you didn't broke the game yet when getting the Turbo Plasma Rifle (which would be a miracle), then the game is broken as soon as you get the Turbo Plasma Rifle.

We are using a different barter formula because of this, so money is *a bit* harder to come by than in Fo1 vanilla. However, it's *still* not very hard to get into the thousands of caps. Just need to know where to go and what to do. The Fo2 weapons that I have added (just a few, not everything. The better ones are also rare), have been nerfed a little bit as well. Mostly it didn't really matter, though. So when you're reading "Fo2 weapons have been implemented", don't expect to buy Bozars in the Hub. It's more like "there are 10 gangers in this encounter, and every single one of them was using a Desert Eagle.. now half of them use a .44 Revolver instead."

Generally I'm happy with the way the new stuff has been integrated. I think it fits well and it certainly isn't making the game balance worse.

/Edit: By default, I've also enabled our "Armor Destroy Mod", which will delete armors on NPCs when they die. This makes the game a tad harder and makes you not swim in money after hitting level 4.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Wouldnt new weapons and perks completely destroy the balace in F1???
Speaking as if the balance in Fo1 wasn't completely destroyed by the devs themselves. :D

No, seriously - Fo1 is completely broken on every level. Economy, combat, weapon balance, ... it's all over the place. If you didn't broke the game yet when getting the Turbo Plasma Rifle (which would be a miracle), then the game is broken as soon as you get the Turbo Plasma Rifle.

We are using a different barter formula because of this, so money is *a bit* harder to come by than in Fo1 vanilla. However, it's *still* not very hard to get into the thousands of caps. Just need to know where to go and what to do. The Fo2 weapons that I have added (just a few, not everything. The better ones are also rare), have been nerfed a little bit as well. Mostly it didn't really matter, though. So when you're reading "Fo2 weapons have been implemented", don't expect to buy Bozars in the Hub. It's more like "there are 10 gangers in this encounter, and every single one of them was using a Desert Eagle.. now half of them use a .44 Revolver instead."

Generally I'm happy with the way the new stuff has been integrated. I think it fits well and it certainly isn't making the game balance worse.

/Edit: By default, I've also enabled our "Armor Destroy Mod", which will delete armors on NPCs when they die. This makes the game a tad harder and makes you not swim in money after hitting level 4.
Its true that no one played F1 for tactical challenging combat its just I dont fully understand the purpose of this mod lol.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are people butthurt about me asking about FIXT? I thought Fallout FIXT was the go-to experience to try when playing Fallout 1.

I mean the restored content is great and all that.

So this mod or FIXT or both? Please answer me.

Black Angel

Arcane
So this mod would probably be wasted on me, but then again I'm not one of those wacky obsessives/autists that played the fallout games 100+ times either, so...
The wacky obsessives/autists are the ones playing the nuFallout for thousands of hours (like Shamus Young, who while critical of Fallout 3 and Bethesda in general, for some reason spent a whopping one thousand fucking hours in Fallout 4).

Meanwhile, True cRPG Connoisseurs™ replays both Fallout 1&2 for nth time every other day/week/month/year like they're not satisfied with what they got, then proceed to spend twice the amount of that time playing the TC mods like Fallout 1.5: Resurrection and Fallout of Nevada.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Playing the 23 years old game in a 22 years old engine is too much of a modern fucking experience over here. And you thought change was inevitable. You were w r o n g

SenisterDenister

Educated
The most important thing to take away from this is by porting it to the Fallout 2 engine it allows easier means of modding it, thus potentially allowing much more content for the first Fallout. Big picture here, people.

Lexx

Cipher
1 guy in 23 years makes a my little pony critter for lolz and suddenly "Fallout modders turning gaem into MLP shit!" ... good fun.

/Edit: Actually, fuck it, why not. Here you can now play Fallout as a pony. Only took me 1 minute to download and seconds to extract. Ready to go!
EnBIOZn.png

Modron

Arcane
1 guy in 23 years makes a my little pony critter for lolz and suddenly "Fallout modders turning gaem into MLP shit!" ... good fun.

/Edit: Actually, fuck it, why not. Here you can now play Fallout as a pony. Only took me 1 minute to download and seconds to extract. Ready to go!
There is actually a very long fallout 1/2 mlp running fan fiction out there, shit some autists even turned it into an audiobook on youtube. There is a mlp mod for tactics and lot of that shit for Fallout 3. The autism runs stronger than my joke implied.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/04/story-fallout-equestria.html

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing with this, just did most of the quests in the hub and it seems a pretty smooth experience so far.

Just being able to push Ian and Tycho away when they block doorways is a massive improvement in itself.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I couldn't care less about this.
Fallout 1 is perfect as it is.

Reading the tone in the room is an invaluable life skill, so much so it beats actual competence at your job.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom