Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

Glop_dweller

Prophet
How can they run with leg braces?

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Testing files updated! Download link at: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-fixt-by-sduibek.76182/page-22#post-5943534

New in this version of test files:
New OPTIONAL customizations:
- There is now a No Knockback version of the Sledgehammer and Super Sledge. You can swap out the versions via Vault 13 Door Computer.
- Smitty can now hotwire multiple Plasma Rifles for you.
- Miles can now harden multiple Power Armors for you.
- Can now choose to have hirelings level up or not, independent of whether Fixes Only mode is enabled.
- Can choose whether hirelings level up every [1 to 8] player levels. (default in NPC Mod was every 4 player levels)
- Can have hirelings level up based on current player level rather than relative player level - as if you'd hired them at player level 1.

New features:
- Updated items received at game start. Breakdown here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnVz7Mfct14Xw3P4l8LNZHX2NpBQd_4z8c1r75-o3R0/edit?usp=sharing
- Map load message now displays on "Ruins" maps post-destruction for Military Base and Children's Cathedral, like with other maps in the game.
- Message when hirelings gain a level is more clear (and indicates that level 3 is max level for them).

Text fixes:
- Weapons with special perks (Penetrate, Knockback, etc) now have these effects mentioned in the item descriptions.
- Vault 15's door is no longer called "Wall" on its hover name.
- Some fixes for messages received when examining and using the Vault 15 elevator shafts.
- No longer will any Super Mutants have a "human female in protective clothing" description when examining.

Bug fixes:
- All messages that were supposed to display while exploring Vault 15, do actually display now.

Fixt features removed:
- Removed the "angry" step aside option for NPCs and Dogmeat - left the normal ones intact obviously.
- No longer find extra items in Vault 15 that weren't included in the vanilla game. I realized this restoration was silly and unneccesary and didn't serve much purpose.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
You guys I just figured out how to fix the issue of empty/multiple maps on caravan runs! That bug has existed since the vanilla game, and is now squashed. :cool:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Got that crash with the Master's Vault guards fixed.

Interestingly, this is actually a crash that occurs in the vanilla game. It's just such a specific scenario that I don't think most people encounter the situation. (You have to approach them in robes, exit dialog without combat initiating, then open inventory, and remove the robes + equip a weapon before exiting inventory.)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I hope you add a feature for me to push aside NPC cause this is getting on my nerves a bit...

unknown.png

unknown.png

RK47

Patron
I hope you add a feature for me to push aside NPC cause this is getting on my nerves a bit...
Are you running into it with other folks or just the kids in Shady Sands?

Also this made me LOL:

Vault Dweller: "MOVE YOU FUCKING SHIT"
Young child: "Ask daddy."
I was about to 'nothing personal, kid' the kid with 10mm when he justs starts running.
Guess he lives...for now.

Went to raiders.
I always click on barter on everyone I see first.
Bought psycho and buffout from the Khan Leader.
Talked to him. It goes like this.

'Hi i am an explorer.'
'Can't have that. Kill him.'

:hmmm: Virgin Dweller vs Chad Raiders?

I popped Buffout and Psycho, just keep Bursting on the SMG.

ohMpFD8.png

That was messy, but I always like to go with the flow - but howabout improving the lines a bit?
There are only 2 choices:
1. I am an explorer.
2. I want to join.

This seems rather strange.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I always click on barter on everyone I see first.
How have I been playing the game for 20 years and never thought to do this? Hmmm.

In this specific case there's not much we can do about the exploit - there *is* a Prevent Barter setting available for critters/NPCs in the game, but later in the game there's a situation where bartering with Garl is part of the options of how to resolve it. So disabling barter for him would break that.

There are only 2 choices:
1. I am an explorer.
2. I want to join.
This seems rather strange.
I'll look into it :)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
How would you all feel about Fixt becoming a singular installer rather than 3 versions?

Before you riot please note there would still be the same options in the installer itself as it currently has, in terms of customizations available and levels of 'purism' available.

Here are the advantages and disadvantages I can think of:

PROS
- I'd only have to maintain 1 installer file which saves me time and hassle.
- Much lower chance of mistakes regarding which install/download option includes what things.
- Easier to clean up the uploads, mirrors, etc whenever a new release comes out.
- More clear to users (they can only download one thing so they can't download the "wrong one").
- No more need to track "download version" for the purposes of troubleshooting, bug reports, etc.
- If you start with Purist / Fixes Only and change your mind down the line, you wouldn't have to download and install the other version. You can just re-run the same installer file and pick that option, or, use in-game customizations.
- Will allow me to avoid the "German Uncut" phrasing/option because it was confusing, as Fixt hasn't actuallly been translated into German yet. (German Uncut just refers to restored children, death animations, and a cutscene along with various uncensored text)

CONS
- Folks who want the "patch" (Purist / Fixes Only) would have a ~250MB download.
- The install space required for the "patch" (Purist / Fixes Only) would increase as well, although I am not sure by exactly how much at this time. Potentially 200-300MB based on various factors.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Good work. I finished the game over 2 days at the office.
I tried killing the Overseer post-slide and the game crashed when I tried throwing grenades at him.
But otherwise, it's pretty smooth.

I didn't really go for the full experience, but I'm pretty sure I cleared the Glow completely. Came out with the full military stockpile of rocket launcher and ammo.
Big Guns 99 later, I visit Necropolis, ask the mutie to take me to their base and blow it up from within. I think I ended it at level 12. I think the biggest difference is the full loot off raiders. That 'unexpected killing' at Khans provided me with a lot of resource to purchase all the stuff I wanted from the Hub. I spammed grenade against the Deathclaw while fully drugged up. And did not touch the Boneyard at all.

One big question is - I took 101% Outdoorsman, but encounter prompts never appeared on world map? Or does it work differently compared to Fallout 2?

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
CONS
- Folks who want the "patch" (Purist / Fixes Only) would have a ~250MB download.
- The install space required for the "patch" (Purist / Fixes Only) would increase as well, although I am not sure by exactly how much at this time. Potentially 200-300MB based on various factors.
We live in an era were even third world shitholes as the one I live in have somewhat decent download speeds, and disks come with terabytes of storage space. The pros heavily outweigh the cons, which are pretty much a non-issue at this point.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Thanks for the input, AdolfSatan !

I tried killing the Overseer post-slide and the game crashed when I tried throwing grenades at him.
I'll look into this!

I think the biggest difference is the full loot off raiders. That 'unexpected killing' at Khans provided me with a lot of resource to purchase all the stuff I wanted from the Hub.
Can you clarify what you mean by all this?

One big question is - I took 101% Outdoorsman, but encounter prompts never appeared on world map? Or does it work differently compared to Fallout 2?
Well it'll be a dialog prompt unlike Fallout 2, but, similar enough. However at this time it's only implemented for Coast-type encounters and implemented badly at that. But should be working great in the test files soon for all 4 terrain types. :)

RK47

Patron
Oh, I just meant I was really rich by the time I left Shady Sands, because I killed every raider in the camp and every single one of them dropped their armor and Desert Eagle to sell off.
The Psycho and Buffout chems really saved me in that fight.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Oh, I just meant I was really rich by the time I left Shady Sands, because I killed every raider in the camp and every single one of them dropped their armor and Desert Eagle to sell off.
The Psycho and Buffout chems really saved me in that fight.
Got it! Thanks.

Yeah, next release will have a "destroy armor on death" optional customization to prevent this kind of thing :) Which tbh I feel should be enabled by default, given how economy-breaking it is to loot EIGHTEEN Leather Armors from one map.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I forgot that armors drop in Fallout1.
Which makes me baffling how people still can't beat that game despite shit like this.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I forgot that armors drop in Fallout1.
Which makes me baffling how people still can't beat that game despite shit like this.
hahahaha right? I mean not everything about the game is easy, but certainly not everything about it is hard either. Economy is quite broken in many cases.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Definitely baffling. My INT 3 start with Small Guns tagged got past Radscorp Cave and V15 just fine. Even saved Tandi with some SMG burst magic trick, but the game refused to mark the Junktown / Hub on my map. So I followed the 'tell me about' directions given, making me walk due south from Shady Sands, only to run into Necropolis at level 3. That's fine. I got past the sewers, but can't convince the Super Mutant that I'm a ghoul. I nearly died a few times, but spamming hand grenades and SMG burst helps. Killed one flamer, picked it up and just roasted the Laser Rifle mutant.

Got the chip back to V13 and hit lvl 6.

unknown.png

:lol: I am so dead.

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
That's weird about the towns not getting put on your map. Tandi's script definitely has places where it should mark those. I'll look into it.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Just wanted to update you all that I'm considering having install be manual (literally just extracting a zip file) going forward. Almost all customizations will soon be possible in-game through the Vault 13 Door Computer, and furthermore this will allow folks with Linux, MacOS, and other uncommon setups to still enjoy Fixt without any hassle. [I get requests somewhat regularly for a manual install option from players on non-Windows systems]

At the moment in the installer there is "purist" and "standard" and "full", i could keep those but just as zip files instead of an installer. Then if the person wants to tweak individual settings they'll do so in-game instead of in the installer.

What do you think?
There's really no perfect solution here, it's a trade-off either way.

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
ESh Yeah almost all of the customizations use global variables in the VAULT13.GAM file. It's fairly easy to edit although honestly I'm not sure if doing so is easier than in-game. (there's over 600 variables and many do not apply to Fixt's customizations)

I suppose I could just transpose the existing install types into the zips, maybe that's the best compromise to avoid excessive in-game actions needed. I've edited my reply above with this info.

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Sounds nice, would it be possible with a simple Command-Line Interface for quick customization though?
This is technically possible but unlikely to be quicker or easier than dialog-based in-game customization. Also much less compatible because I have no full guarantee it would work on all systems.

Master

Arbiter
Last week i did my yearly duty and played trough Fallout again, this time with Fixt. It was great other than two times i had save corruption where the game would crash after clicking anywhere on the world map. Reloading 2-3 saves back fixed it so its not a big deal. I read this happened in vanilla too? though it never did for me.
Anyway, FO is still the best RPG. I guess it will never be topped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom