Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So you can try hacking your registry, I found a guide here: http://www.mp3car.com/lcd-display/42122-tutorial-forcing-custom-resolution-in-windows.html

If you want a less extreme solution, on the resolution selection screen, click advanced settings, then you should find a button that says list all modes and you can see what modes are supported by your card. I'm at work right now with shitty integrated graphics, and the closest mode I see to what you want is 848x480. So you could give that a try, but it's not going to be 4:1 pixel mapping so you will have some dithering that looks ugly.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Hello bros!

I registered to post this because I think you all deserve some answers instead of just ruminating on your confusion and hatred. (mostly poking fun there, but seriously some of you gotta chill)

• First of all, thank you Infinitron for posting my mod here, that's not necessary but it's really cool to see it showing up on sites other than NMA :)
  • Second -- I assure you that feedback (positive and negative) and complaints are being read and logged, as they should be.
  • I'm really busy with school and 'real life' these days but whenever I get feedback it will be read by me personally, and I do my best to add them all to the Bugs wiki -- it has a Suggestions section as well as just bugs. As you may have guessed, I do Google the mod periodically to make sure I'm getting viewpoints other than just what is posted on the threads at NMA.
  • If the feedback you provided doesn't suck, it will probably be incorporated into the mod eventually. I say eventually because your personal priority may not be the highest priority for the majority of fans, or as easy to implement as other things of equal priority, blah blah etc etc. Basically I'm saying if it's a good idea I will recognize that, but you shouldn't get butthurt if you don't see it changed right away because life isn't fair and you're not the one making the project :P
  • This is my first ever publicly-released project, as some of you can probably tell based on some silly or misguided design choices I've made. I'm getting better and smarter about my approach to working on FIXT the more I work on FIXT.

• Last but not least, the next release will include a "Bug Fixes Only" option, and everything I've received complaints about will be optional if Fixes+Changes install is selected (via checkboxes). In addition to that, there will be a config utility so that the user can change these optional settings at any time while the game is not running.

Since they're dead set in thinking that every little removed thing must be in the game it would only make sense to add the radioactive raccoons. Or did I get that retarded bit wrong?
Yes, you got it wrong. I don't plan on restoring things willy-nilly. I made a mistake with some of the restorations, and those that weren't fixed in alpha 5.3 will be fixed in the next release. In my defense my original plan with the restorations was just to restore the same content as Wasteland Ghost's Restoration Project v2.5 -- which restored 35 NPCs if I remember correctly -- in light of one of the major purposes of FIXT being to incorporate all existing mods and patches, but I ended up focusing more on the specific restorations instead of the bigger picture of implementation, continuity, and balance. Thus, some of them turned out to be retarded.

----------

Hopefully this post sufficiently answers the questions/complaints. Feel free to reply to this or send me a PM or email if you have further stuff to say.

Thanks and keep it coming! Feedback is good, it will only make the mod better which will make it more fun for everyone. :cool:
-S

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
the next release will include a "Bug Fixes Only" option, and everything I've received complaints about will be optional if Fixes+Changes install is selected (via checkboxes)

:salute:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Sduibek I am actually very interested in trying out the just bugfixes version for this. Does this include the fixes already fixed in Fallout Patch 1.3.5 ENG by TeamX?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kirtai

Augur
Wouldn't that make you a race loyalist?
Maybe :)
Maybe if Torment:ToN ends up being RTwP we can reissue the tag for people who donate to its upcoming fundraiser. ;)
I've already donated as much as I can (maybe more than I should actually). Besides, being tagged as associated with RTwP is :eek:

On topic, I'm looking forward to the bugfix only version of FIXT :)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Since they're dead set in thinking that every little removed thing must be in the game it would only make sense to add the radioactive raccoons. Or did I get that retarded bit wrong?
Yes, you got it wrong. I don't plan on restoring things willy-nilly.
No Raccoons? :(
Correct. Even though in real life, raccoons are FUCKING AWESOME AND SEXY.

I suppose I should have said "I don't plan on restoring things willy-nilly any more." :oops:

I must say It's really nice to get such positive reaction to my original post in this thread, that means you guys are apparently not afraid to call people on their stupid bullshit (I assume that's probably the whole "doesn't scale to your level" thing?), but also freely give them support when they do cool or good stuff. That's great and pretty rare on the internet in my experience.
:love:
Anyway honestly I'm not sure what got into me with the random retarded changes. My only theory is that since it's just me working on it, and I've been doing so for over 2 years now, apparently at some point I just started doing shit without getting feedback BEFORE doing it, instead of AFTER already having released it, and even if going a little off track, do that for a couple years and you can end up in weird places. As they say, "It seemed like a good idea at the time." Lesson learned!

Sometimes I'm surprised I haven't accomplished more with the mod in that time span, since I began working on it mid-2010-ish but being a hobby project and all that, c'est la vie. Getting paid to work on FIXT 40 hours a week would be the coolest fucking job ever. Now if only my girlfriend was into Fallout...

It is most heretical, brother Sduibek, to have both RT and TB in the same game, as has been decreeded since the Arcanum Debates of 2003. It is heretical like sawing two men in half and trying to fuse them together to create a monster.
My bad. I have no problem agreeing with that, since I hate realtime anyway.

Stick with us, and you shall gain RPG Knowlodge beyond what the people of the NMA have!
That sounds pretty awesome.

EDIT: Oops, somehow I missed this:
Sduibek I am actually very interested in trying out the just bugfixes version for this. Does this include the fixes already fixed in Fallout Patch 1.3.5 ENG by TeamX?
Yes. And thanks!

EG

Nullified
So long as you can keep a "serious" version separate from the "retarded shit" version, we'll always love you.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Oops. I don't think I've ever gotten a hug on NMA though. :(

Y'know, I just had a thought, it could be funny to have under all the little checkboxes in the installer, a section called Retarded Shit and all the questionable stuff that I still think is neato (for whatever crazy reason) can be chosen there. Kind of a joke to remind me not to be ridiculous and for the people who have or will see some of the stuff and go "Wtf?"

Good Idea / Bad Idea?

In other news, I have no idea why I keep using the word neato. I haven't said that word in years. WHAT HAS RPGCODEX DONE TO ME??

dextermorgan

Arcane
Sometimes I'm surprised I haven't accomplished more with the mod in that time span, since I began working on it mid-2010-ish but being a hobby project and all that, c'est la vie. Getting paid to work on FIXT 40 hours a week would be the coolest fucking job ever. Now if only my girlfriend
girlfriend
girlfriend
I think I've identified your performance problem. Take care of it asap.

On a serious note, have you fixed that Hub crash yet?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It should be

Bugfixes only
-all bug fixes here

Balance changes
-Balance Changing stuff here

Restored Stuff
-Restored Stuff here

BioWare (Retarded)
-Romance and other retarded shit that does not belong in a Fallout game here.

Something like that. Of course the BioWare stuff could just not be listed or even included at all. :obviously:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It should be

Bugfixes only
-all bug fixes here

Balance changes
-Balance Changing stuff here

Restored Stuff
-Restored Stuff here

BioWare (Retarded)
-Romance and other retarded shit that does not belong in a Fallout game here.

Something like that. Of course the BioWare stuff could just not be listed or even included at all. :obviously:
Fully agreed with these options. I'd love balance tweaks/improvements as well as bug fixes, but am not so much a fan of restored content or... other additions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom