Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

Gord

Arcane
I think what dunno lah is saying makes sense. A person of a-little-above-average intelligence would probably not be smart enough to get supersmart (or whatever you want to call it).

EDIT: Shit I don't know, I think smaller changes to INT might be best:

STR = 10
CHA = 1
END + 3
INT 7 and up, +1
INT 6 and lower, -2

That means anyone with a 5 INT or lower becomes a Stupid character for purposes of dialog.

Sounds reasonable. Alternativly maybe:

INT <5: INT=2
5<=INT<=6: No change
INT>6: INT+1

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I very very much hope for that release to include the Bug Fixes Only install option.
Please just give this priority before implementing new content like that Super Mutant idea above. Thanks! :salute:
Oookkaaaaayyyy, if I have to.

I actually have been building just such a priority list. Bug Fixes Only is at the top of said list :)

If you go ahead with Super Mutant idea, final mission should not be Vault 13, but Lost Hills, so we can fight get a nice endgame fight.
Oh NICE! Good call, clearing out BoS as a Super Mutant would be fuckin great...

Nobody messes with MY bunker faggots!

tumblr_lp749nSNsK1qe8xbho1_400.jpg

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Ohhhhduh. Posting when I'm half asleep is bad :)

From now on I'll call you my favorite bunkerfaggot. <3

Also I love seeing "General maxson Brofists this." I laugh imagining him actually doing that in-game. So thanks for that!

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
There's a few things I'm not sure whether or not they would be considered "Bug-Fixes Only". I've finished tabulating the list of things that need to be removed/rolled back for the Fixes Only install option. These were the only ones that weren't an obvious decision one way or the other.

Please forgive me if not knowing if these count is a stupid question. I never claimed to be a genius :P

- FULL RANGE OF ENCOUNTERS ON ALL TERRAIN TYPES -- Fallout vanilla only had two areas on Mountain squares - North and South. Desert by comparison has about 13 areas. (One for each town, basically, and a couple others). FIXT changes this so that Mountain and City squares have encounters based on location as Desert does, instead of just a handful of rat and radscorpion encounters. It's not new encounters, just the same stuff copied over to occur on the non-Desert terrain types.

2aj7w4l.jpg

9kcpk9.jpg

iz99ft.jpg

2mybzn9.jpg

- USABLE FLARES -- In FIXT, you can run around with a Lit Flare in your hand and it lights up the area around you. (Same as if you dropped it on the ground)

2lxjot4.jpg

9ghml1.jpg

- BOB OF BOB'S BITS CAN BE TURNED IN TO THE POLICE

21kzcr7.jpg

- MILITARY BASE RED FIELDS CAN BE PERMANENTLY DESTROYED -- In vanilla, explosives did nothing to them.

rv93s9.jpg

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Iguana Bob clearly has to be banned from "fixes only" territory - it's a content change and those are anathema (Shady Sands village elder with free equipment, I'm looking at you - angrily).

For mechanics changes I'd suggest some kind of "advanced" setup where you can either enable or disable each one (down the road if it's too much work now). Players are finicky that way and might like one but hate another.

But for a purist "fixes only" one click option, they are all out - each and every one, with no exceptions - since they're clearly not "fixes" but mechanics changes. :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, none of those things are fixes.

Have you considered emailing Tim Cain and asking him if there are any features he wanted to implement in Fallout but didn't have time to? There might be potential for more "Restored Content" mods here.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
If it was stuff that was intended or at least probably most likely intended by the devs, well, I wouldn't mind myself. But to avoid pissing people off you should probably include them under optional changes.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Yeah, none of those things are fixes.

Have you considered emailing Tim Cain and asking him if there are any features he wanted to implement in Fallout but didn't have time to? There might be potential for more "Restored Content" mods here.
Interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I will see of I can get a answer from them. If not, I can have Brother None ask for me, since he's on the WL2 team now :)

INTELLIGENT RACOOOOOOONZZZZZ.

Just kidding.

Thanks guys.

The work continues. It looks like Fixes Only might be a lot easier to implement than I'd thought.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
What about adding Heather back, allowing the spy quest to be completed? Previously that was not possible because she's the spy and she didn't exist in the game, so it could never get crossed out on your Pipboy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What about adding Heather back, allowing the spy quest to be completed? Previously that was not possible because she's the spy and she didn't exist in the game, so it could never get crossed out on your Pipboy.

Sounds like a borderline case. Are Heather's dialogue and code located in the game's files, or would you have to write it all yourself?

You could make a fix that just deletes the spy quest from your Pipboy, with an optional restored content mod that adds Heather as an alternative.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Odd that the wiki calls that quest "supposedly broken". You can get the quest but not resolve it. That's the fucking definition of broken.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Odd that the wiki calls that quest "supposedly broken". You can get the quest but not resolve it. That's the fucking definition of broken.

Like I said, it's a borderline case because it's still essentially a chunk of cut content. I would err on the side of caution and make it optional (but recommended).

If the restored content is not installed, the bug that needs to be fixed is the addition of the quest to the PIPBoy.

EG

Nullified
Thanks for going through the hell of making this customizable, Sduibek.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013

Like I said, it's a borderline case because it's still essentially a chunk of cut content. I would err on the side of caution and make it optional (but recommended).

If the restored content is not installed, the bug that needs to be fixed is the addition of the quest to the PIPBoy.
Ahhhh good point. Removing from the Pipboy should be easy.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
In light of what you said, and checking Per's guide, I think the no-fuss one-click Bug Fixes Only option will just remove that quest from Pipboy:

Per's Nearly Ultimate Fallout Guide said:
1. Find Children spy in the Followers.

You get this if you accuse Talius of being a spy, and then offer to find the "real" spy. Only there is no such spy in the game, so you can pretty much forget about this quest. This is only one of several Boneyard quests that were never implemented. After you get the quest you can't talk to Talius any more, so get the Flamer first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom