Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fixt by Sduibek

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Doesn't sound like a bug to me.
Fair enough. I think a reasonable option from the not-fixes-only install would be to have these choices:
A) leave as-is.
B) on levelup, heal equal to whatever HP you gained. (so 32/39 becomes 35/42)
C) heal fully (as with games such as Diablo)

I'd never actually even thought of this before, but now that I think about it I think personally I'd play with option C.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fair enough. I think a reasonable option from the not-fixes-only install would be to have these choices:
A) leave as-is.
B) on levelup, heal equal to whatever HP you gained. (so 32/39 becomes 35/42)
C) heal fully (as with games such as Diablo)

I'd never actually even thought of this before, but now that I think about it I think personally I'd play with option C.

D) Your health percentage remains constant. So 30/40 becomes 33.75/45 (before rounding).

This isn't a bug, but it would be nice to add some options, sure. I think C is totally popamole, though.

B makes the most sense, in that you get stronger but keep your relative health. A means you got need to heal despite nothing having touched you (maybe the ghosts of the enemies you just killed tried to take you with them?). C is exploitable (enter a tough fight close to level up, get a free heal. Also feels like an anime hero getting a random powerup during a beatdown because HE WILL NEVER GIVE UP)

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
@dannyfx1 That's a bug with f1-hi-res v4.0.1, get the newest version and it will go away: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1426

Also, nice to see The Hell in your sig. Fuckin love that mod. I just wish he had difficulty options... I have complaints about The Hell similar to peoples' complaints about my mod's current incarnation: I wish it was more customizable, because I'm not hardcore enough of a gamer to waste enough time to tackle it later in the game. I had great fun with Gladiator and Mage but around half-way through Nightmare the game just starts getting fucking ridiculous. The %chance to get stun-locked and things like that is so high that it's not even fun, it just becomes an infuriating waste of time. Really a shame, because otherwise it's the perfect Diablo mod.

EDIT: To clarify, by "wasting time" I mean that to win later in game, it requires many hours of farming items and Elixirs. That's really stupid and a totally bullshit way to design a game. I do love that mod though. From start to finish in the first of the difficulty levels is just fantastic.

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
perfect Diablo mod

Yeah, I use it as my hack& slash fix. I prefer it over Torchlight, because of flashy graphics and silly art direction. Dynamics of the combat are quite different. Each hit is clean, while in Torchlight you sometimes feel like a mere observant. By the way, are there hot keys to change right pane skill on the fly? You know some monsters need flame, while another time you need sparks, etc.
Yes, when you pull up the skilldex thing that shows all your spells on-screen (not the one that shows them like a book) with your mouse over any one of them you can hit F5/F6/F7/F8 to make them hotkeys.
The Hell also adds hotkeys to most of them, for example O is Town Portal. Page 16 of the readme.pdf has all of them.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I do my best to be a man of my word. You're welcome.:smug:

2ynla28.jpg

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
With any luck, I should have the "test version" installer finished up within about 48 hours. Is anyone on here interested in testing Fixes Only mode?

You guys are pickier than the folks at NMA, so maybe you'll notice anything I missed, even if they don't ;)

Last edited:

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Hmm.. I just discovered a bit of an awkward oversight. When Kenji comes to kill Killian, if you just stand there and let Killian & his guards kill Kenji, next time you talk to Killian he doesn't even mention that someone literally just tried to murder him and mentioned Gizmo's name in the process.

Even if the player doesn't help kill Kenji, shouldn't Killian offer the quest anyway? Something like "Holy shit did you see that craziness? Fuck you for not helping but if you feel like helping this time, you should totally go take out Gizmo." (not verbatim, obviously)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmm.. I just discovered a bit of an awkward oversight. When Kenji comes to kill Killian, if you just stand there and let Killian & his guards kill Kenji, next time you talk to Killian he doesn't even mention that someone literally just tried to murder him and mentioned Gizmo's name in the process.

Even if the player doesn't help kill Kenji, shouldn't Killian offer the quest anyway? Something like "Holy shit did you see that craziness? Fuck you for not helping but if you feel like helping this time, you should totally go take out Gizmo." (not verbatim, obviously)

Sounds like a question for Tim Cain.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't think Killian should offer the quest to the player if the player runs away or doesn't help with the fight. I don't think it's an oversight, if you don't help you don't get the quest. Seems simple.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
I don't think Killian should offer the quest to the player if the player runs away or doesn't help with the fight. I don't think it's an oversight, if you don't help you don't get the quest. Seems simple.
True, but, if you just killed an assassin and some new guy watched the whole thing and just stood there, wouldn't you ask him wtf he was doing just standing there?

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
@all Yeah okay, fair enough. Thanks bros.

I really wish Tim Cain would talk to me more, but he won't :( I think responding to Fo1 questions was a one-off. Oh well.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yeah okay. Thanks bros.

I really wish Tim Cain would talk to me more, but he won't :( I think responding to Fo1 questions was a one-off. Oh well.

That's a shame.

Personally, I think you should be able to ask something about what just happened and possibly get the quest. But if you can't confirm it as a real bug with Tim Cain, it's best left as an "optional-but-recommended" feature.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Well my real concern is that there's no dialogue for Killian for that, and Killian is a fully voiced NPC. So, it'd be pretty weird if he had a sudden non-voiced line out of nowhere.

Gord

Arcane
I don't think there would be anything wrong with Killian offering you the quest regardles, or rather, giving the player an option to ask what just happened, which then leads to Killian asking the player for help.
Would make it an optional fix, however, just so you don't piss of the purists.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Thanks again, I'll use everyone's feedback on that, I probably won't add any optional dialog for it at this time but I'll make a note.

Dannyfx1 I think I know what's causing that, thanks for reporting it. I do have some versions of the background that are high res that still have the border.

Also, Tim said he thought it had been possible to report Bob to the cops but they probably just ran out of time. I always was bummed about it because the player specifically mentions the threat of reporting him but literally cannot actually do it.

Which brings the question-- if user selects Fixes Only, should they have the option to turn in Bob, or should that be optional-only content? Currently I have it optional but I'm torn whether that's the best way.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Probably another stupid question but whatever:

-- Unless the player has Katja on their team, they have to pick locks in many places in the game to get to stuff. This means even a "pure fighter" character is "required" (not really but almost) to either acquire Katja or invest in Lockpick. Use of lockpicks item helps but with a bad Lockpick skill% is pretty brutal.

So, if I set that damage to locked items (i.e. explosives) will "unlock" them as far as the game is concerned, is that a "bug fix" -- fixing an oversight or forced limitation of character class -- or is that totally optional?

The reason I ask if this would be considered a "fix" is because of the entire basis of Fallout, one of the main points was that there was always at least 2 ways to solve issues and quests, with the goal being 3 ways. It's in the Vision Statement:
3. There will always be multiple solutions (it’s more fun that way)

To continue the example from the previous point, the player could also just walk away. He doesn’t have to solve every problem, and there are always multiple solutions. If a player wants to go through the wasteland with guns blazing, laying waste to everyone and everything he sees – we let him! If he wants to sneak around, be quiet and not get into trouble – he can do that to! If he wants to talk it out, offering a diplomatic solution, or lying his teeth out – he can try that to!

No one style of play will be perfect. The player will have to try different actions to get to the end of the game. In one case, the player needs to get into an armed camp. He can try to sneak in (using his stealth skill), bluff his way in (using his fast talk skill), or shoot the guards (using his combat skills).

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would say optional.

Also, I would be willing to beta testing for you, but it's been some years since I last played Fallout and my memory of how it works vanilla is blurry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom