Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Remember the release we are discussing has only the first few small locations edited.Rest of the game is still in runglish.

Went in (not hampered by any expertise whatsoever:lol:) thinking some spelling/syntax stuffs, ended up having to run the game windowed on the side in order to get wtf was going on at times (small location, like 6 NPCs:lol:) . It definitely deserves more than a bare-bones edit, but this takes time.
:outrage:be sure to vote for your local 4-day-workweek party:outrage:
I have a ""system"" now though, the next location should be a lot faster :shittydog::bounce:

Man, you are the Bro.

Bt, I want to shed some light on what I think you should know as editor, just to econom your time.
Russian text is full of various errors, and I don't mean spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors.
It is more like speech, stylistic errors.
So in Russian text looks a little, you know, text looks a little amateurish. A little. )
There are cases when some text doesn't use right phrasing, and this feel like work of authorship, where text transmit author's vision and taste, but this is not so in the case of FN.
So translation is a perfect opportunity to "facet the diamond".

That's good to hear considering my eventual "fox-in-the-chicken-coop" approach. Once you start colouring stuff it's very hard to stop :lol:

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Really looking forward to this, how does it hold up against Resurrection? I loved that too.

Black Angel

Arcane
Really looking forward to this, how does it hold up against Resurrection? I loved that too.
It seems like you're in for a treat as Nevada is, like, five times better than 1.5 (which itself is probably better than F2). Savor this opportunity but keep in mind - after Nevada, basic Fallout 2 feels like utter shit. I'm doing a russian ironman LP atm (past navarro already) and I can't wait for it to end - it's just that unbearable.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Bright side of this hold is that editors could work more thorougly on text. And there's THE work to do even disregarding translation mistakes. The original F:Nevada writing style, let's put it respectfully, not worth saving.

Citizen

Tried to play F:N for two times already on russian, but dropped it after an hour both times. Dialogs feel somewhat cringy and immature, they just put me off immediately. Is english translation different?

bataille

Arcane
Good to see someone actually acknowledging the writing for what it is. I really hope the translators are competent enough to turn that disaster into something passable. It's probably the only glaring flaw in this mod, otherwise it's quite good (for what it is, heh).

Zer0wing

Cipher
Good to see someone actually acknowledging the writing for what it is. I really hope the translators are competent enough to turn that disaster into something passable. It's probably the only glaring flaw in this mod, otherwise it's quite good (for what it is, heh).
Writing is not the strongest side of Fallout modding in general. Look for the closest example at 1.5 Resurrection text. The strongest essence of
:edgy:
for sure. As for other of what it was - others are not even close. Especially not F2.

Drowed

Arcane
Well, yeah, Fallout MODs are not known to have incredible dialogs. But to be fair, some adjustments in a translation can make an amazing difference.

bataille

Arcane
Erm. Actually, in context of being paired with F1, F2 is the ideal sequel. Since F1 is a self-contained, finished story, the only sane way to go about making the second installment was to deconstruct the first one. And it achieved that superbly, even if a bit by-the-book. Maybe it's not that great on its own and out of context, but it supplements the first game almost perfectly (in a sense that any other approach to making the sequel would've been inferior and much more derivative).
As for comparisons, I'm not sure F2's even got something that tops the sheer embarrassment that the brown gang leader's lines are. That stuff just begged to be cut/rewritten by a person who've actually got any idea how people like him talk.

But honestly, if you manage to turn that alien, completely artificial syntax of the Russian text into somewhat more natural English, we'll have a game that's at least surpasses aforementioned Resurrection.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what's coming is supposed to be the whole thing. even the last version--the one that's available right now--had the vast majority of FoN translated, although much of it was in pretty bad English.

Black Angel

Arcane
It's here, boys!
Ok here we go.
The latest and 100% playable version is here, I want to thank personally everyone working on this, its been a long and rough journey but we did it and we managed to do it in just one year (how naive I was when I thought it can be done in two months). But... My and Snikers work is far from finished, we still need to make this translation shine, there might be files that are broken or unfinished because we just missed it, and Snikers still runs the editing of the project, so you can expect more quality content from our team in the future.
Special thanks to TheChosen1 and Owing for huge support, it could never been done without you guys.
Enough talking, here is the latest version in all its glory, please enjoy (and be nice to report any problem to me or other team members).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aspotmnn2qdmbix/Translation V0.1.zip?dl=0
The translation is 100% completed. The editing, however, isn't. So if anybody here is up for helping this guys polishing the translation, go for it!

eXalted

Arcane
giphy.gif

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know where I can find something more powerful than a laser rifle? So far my two best energy weapons--laser rifle and police laser--came from random encounters.

Balamut

Literate
_Pyran_ said:
Hello.
Of couse, some of the things will be in Russian lang., since there is an error in the folder structure.
Please wait, I'll make the installer. And then a full pack.

Installer & archive with fixed translate v0.1
_Pyran_ said:
manual (arch.) setup:
1. main - content copy to game folder
2. alternative cities pic. - optional.
3. Filter plugin - optional (one of two), content copy to game folder. But! v1.3.1 only for sFall by Crafty.
4. sfall 1.7.46 - Actual version, optional, content copy to game folder

or use installer vers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom