Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Fallout: New Vegas Info

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Jul 16, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>Bethesda did totally send us a press release this morning, but I forwarded it to Gamebanshee because that's where we archive our press releases to save hard drive storage.</p>
    <p>I'll show you the press release though:</p>
    <blockquote>
    <p>Bethesda Softworks Reveals Fallout: New Vegas Graphic Novel Cover Artist and Illustrators/Comic-Con Signing<br /><br />We are pleased to announce that &ldquo;All Roads&rdquo;, the hardcover graphic novel which tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas, will feature cover art created by legendary illustrator and comic book artist Geof Darrow with colors by Peter Doherty. The graphic novel also features art by Jean Diaz (Incorruptible) and Wellinton Alves (Marvel&rsquo;s Shadowland: Blood on the Streets, Nova). *Attached is a sneak peak of the cover. The full cover illustration will be revealed next week.<br /><br />Exclusively available in the Fallout: New Vegas collector&rsquo;s edition, &ldquo;All Roads&rdquo; was written by Chris Avellone, the game&rsquo;s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.<br /><br />Both Geof Darrow and Chris Avellone will be signing special lithographs featuring the full cover art at the Dark Horse booth (Booth #2615) at Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 24 from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.<br /><br />The Fallout: New Vegas collector&rsquo;s edition, which is available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Games for Windows, can be pre-ordered now through participating retailers. Fallout: New Vegas will be released in North America on October 19, 2010 and across Europe on October 22, 2010.<br /><br />For more information on Fallout: New Vegas, visit www.falloutnewvegas.com.</p>
    </blockquote>
    <p>As you can see it mainly concerns the graphical novel by MCA which is part of the Collector's Edition.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Additionally here are <a href="http://g4tv.com/videos/47451/Fallout-New-Vegas-Preview/" target="_blank">two short</a> <a href="http://g4tv.com/videos/47450/Adam-and-Morgan-Discuss-Fallout-New-Vegas/" target="_blank">video previews</a> to behold.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Prepare for some post-nukular entertainment!</p>
    <p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/98785-fallout-new-vegas-graphic-novel-details-comic-con-appearance.html">GB</a></p>

^ Top  
  2. Micmu Magister

Micmu
    Press release?
    I'd call that spam.

^ Top  
  3. poocolator Erudite

poocolator
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    :lol:

^ Top  
  4. CrimsonAngel Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Sent us?.

Really.....what's the catch?.

^ Top  
  5. Radisshu Prophet

Radisshu
    Geof Darrow, huh?

[​IMG]

He seems legit.

^ Top  
  6. poocolator Erudite

poocolator
    (Let me tell you, in absolute secrecy, what Bethesda did send us; they sent us plentifore links to dirty CP [if you ain't familiar with CP, then go die, promptly]. Masturbation to this magical (CP) would reveal the locations/intent of the developing programmers). These were stitched together to create the final game, until a ban came around to block all mods using this method. Till this day, all modders have been wandering the empty hells on their blithering, depressing own.

^ Top  
  7. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    The Codex's favorite game ever.

^ Top  
  8. CrimsonAngel Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    All that sounds more likely then Bethesda sending the codex a presser.

^ Top  
  9. Lothers Scholar

Lothers
    Geof Darrow, huh?

[​IMG]

FUCK YEAH!

EDIT: too bad they got him only for New Vegas cover art, and not for Wasteland remake creative director/art designer ...

^ Top  
  10. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    And run he did?

^ Top  
  11. Fat Dragon Arbiter

Fat Dragon
    Comic should be a good read, but not something I'd buy a special edition for. I'll just get the scans when they're eventually posted online.

^ Top  
  12. Mister Arkham Scholar

Mister Arkham
    I always wished that Darrow could have done all of the art for that series. Of course if he had we would still be waiting for the tenth issue.

^ Top  
  13. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    Funny, if I got the collectors edition of Fate/Unlimited Codes I would have gotten a Saber Lily Figma and if I get the collectors edition of Fate Extra I get the Saber Extra Figma.

And I get a comic book with this?

U mad?

^ Top  
  14. Tycn Savant

Tycn
    Is that revolver not only ejecting casings but more of them than any revolver could conceivably hold?

^ Top  
  15. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    yes, i look forward to the link that will be posted here when its ready.

also, the link redirects me to the Elder Scrolls page.

^ Top  
  16. poocolator Erudite

poocolator
    OUGADOUGU!
    OUGADOUGU!
    OUGADOUGU!

^ Top  
  17. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    It looks like a revolver. At first I thought it was for a second as well.
    However, if you look at the weapon itself, the barrel, where the cylinder should be, instead you'll come to find that it's probably a beretta or something similar. Hard to tell from this angle.
    It could also be a Walther P38.

^ Top  
  18. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    However, if you look at the weapon itself, the barrel, where the cylinder should be, instead you'll come to find that it's probably a beretta or something similar. Hard to tell from this angle.

^ Top  
  19. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Self-Ejected

^ Top  
  20. Melcar Arcane

Melcar

^ Top  
  21. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    sieht aus wie n revolver. zuerst dachte ich auch es wäre einer.
    wenn du dir die waffe allerdings ansiehst, der lauf, wo der zylinder sein sollte, stattdessen ist es wohl eher eine beretta oder etwas ähnliches. aus dem winkel schwer zu sagen.
    könnte auch ne Walther P38 sein.

^ Top  
  22. Micmu Magister

Micmu
    I'm quoting this pic because everyone else did.
    Plus nobody really gives a shit for another oblivion mod

POC POC POC

^ Top  
  23. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    ser ut som en revolver. jag trodde först det också.
    men, om du tittar på själva vapnet, pipan, där cylindern ska vara, så finner du istället att det förmodligen är en Beretta eller nått liknande.
    svårt att se från den här vinkeln.
    det kan också vara en Walther P38.

^ Top  
  24. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    Se ve como un revólver. Al principio también pensé que lo era. Sin embargo, si tu miras el arma bien, el barril, donde el cilindro debe estar, veras que es como una Beretta o algo similar. Difícil de decir desde ese ángulo. Podría también ser un Walther P38.

^ Top  
  25. Data4 Arcane

Data4
    It could also be a Walther P38 Megatron.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)