Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Vegas mod help

Master

Arbiter
Im playing NV for the first time and im using this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39469/?

it makes the enemy/location visibility on the radar dependent on Perception and Survival, which makes it feel more like the old games. This is the formula used

( Perception * ( ( Survival * 10 ) + 2000 ) ) + ( Survival * 50 ) - 5000

Now what i wanna do is raise the last number to 9000 or something and make it more severe. The problem is, how the fuck do i do that? I dwnloaded the GECK last night and spent five hours trying to change that one digit - 5 to 9 - but it doesnt work. It wont save or something. Jesus K Riest im just a stupid peasant i dont know any of this computer bullshit. So if someone can tell me how to do it STEP BY STEP or even better do it instead of me and post it here for download, id apprecciate it.

:salute:

Master

Arbiter
No dice... It says "couldnt read arguments" when i run it. Also i dont have steam so i made those folders and moved the installation there hoping it will work but still it says the same thing. Do i need steam for all this?

Master

Arbiter
Still no luck with making it work so fuck it im giving up. I realized im spending more time setting this game up than playing it.
And so far its a pretty bitchin game. But one other thing really bugs me. Is there a mod that makes the mines show up on the radar? Google says no but maybe someone here knows better. Because its really stupid - i have Perception 9 so why am i constantly stepping on mines like im blind. I wanna zip through the dungeons with PE so high and not be on my toes constantly. This is not Bioshock its supposed to be an RPG.

Master

Arbiter
Holy. Shit. ADVANCED RECON TRAP DETECTOR

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/m.../ajax/moddescription/?id=39476&preview=&pUp=1

Listen to this

The Traponator 4000
Sick of being blown to being blown ten meters into the air my hidden mines? Tired to prying a bear trap off your leg? What you need is the all new Traponator 4000. This trusty handheld device will help erradicate those nasty surprises.

:bounce:

Detect Traps Perk
Or take our advanced trap detection training and be the envy of your friends. Level 4 required and you must be proficient at survival OR explosives (50 in either).

Thats what im talking about! And i just started Dead Money... level 5... 93xps to go... This just couldnt be better.:dance:

Master

Arbiter
Well shit. The mod is working, the perk is there but i cant pick it cause i lack 1 point in survival. Shit i wanted an rpg and i sure got an rpg.
Anyway the game is now pretty much how it should be. That tweaked radar mod wouldve been cool but whatever.
Maybe Energy Weapons should be tied to Inteligence instead of Perception. I dont know of any mod that does that so if someone does, let me know. Id appreciate it.

Master

Arbiter
If anyones interested you can make that radar tweak in a roundabout way with this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51777/?

cover based stealth

Just raise the enemy sight range in the options andit should do the trick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom