Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas On Bugs and Alleged Bugs

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
FWIW that update seems to have fixed all quicksave and autosave problems for me.

deuxhero

Arcane
racofer said:
...and empty...
Then why would you need sneaking on the first place?

Empty of anything but the blasted monsters and long meaning the entire sneaking session lasts a few hours with no rewards or changes (I would hope I'm not in sneak mode the entire game in NV if I want to be a pacifist, only when I know there are enemies) .

hiver

Drakron said:
hiver said:
maybe you could if you were better towards gangers before, eh?

Those guys seems to be disconnected from the Powder Gangs, they are always hostile.

Or had some sneaking skills.

That is about it, sneak and release the deputy ...
I guess your right, sneak it is and you do get a stealth boy early on so it should be doable without fighting all of them.

Anyway, if diplomatic solution was possible in absolutely every situation it would be a pretty fake option.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
hiver said:
I guess your right, sneak it is and you do get a stealth boy early on so it should be doable without fighting all of them.

Anyway, if diplomatic solution was possible in absolutely every situation it would be a pretty fake option.
If it was just a lazy speech check, yes, however I wanted to negotiate with the terrorists. Maybe do them a solid in exchange for a chat with the deputy. Something that involves getting XP to make up for all the XP I'm missing from not killing them. Sawyer's mentioned before how he's "strongly against awarding experience points for "ways and means". I.e. killing monsters, picking locks, scribing scrolls, etc." and it's a shame he wasn't able to transfer that over.

Oh well. :M

Felix

Arcane
I've play for about ten hours and what are these bugs you speak of ? I think I'm lucky enough.

Rhalle

Magister
I've play for about ten hours and what are these bugs you speak of ? I think I'm lucky enough.

Bugs are overrated.

Having built every computer I've owned in nearly the last ten years, I can only remember one major release that had any big problem at all, and that was HL2 in 2004, with the sound-looping stuttering bug.

The whole mountain of shitty shit I've played since then-- like free games and AZN MMOs and pirated games and god-knows what else have all run without issue.

The only bug I got with New Vegas right now is that though there are 1k seeders, I'm getting like 10kb/sec. :rpgcodex:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's not a bug. It's a feature...

Welcome to the age of net "neutrality". Hope you enjoy your MAFIAA mass prosecution summons.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
No mention of some of the truly bizarre bugs, such as the spinning heads

Try to read the full text instead of the newspost:

The now infamous Doc Mitchell video, while very funny (and horrifying) was not a bug. Unfortunately during our launch day, there was a brief window where Steam was pushing out corrupt or incorrect files. In the event that a user wound up with a corrupt meshes.bsa file, they would get that error. It was easily (and instantly) corrected by simply re-validating your files with Steam. At most, a handful of people ever saw that issue, and even then, only for a moment before fixing it.

Xor said:
Jaesun said:
I had believed the onus of bug catching is on the Publisher. In that Obsidian provides a build to Bethesda, Bethesda then tests it and provides feedback on bugs found. Obsidian then works on reported bugs, submits new build to Bethesda... etc.. Until Bethesda feels the current build tested is good enough to master?

That's pretty much how I understand game development works. QA is the publisher's responsibility. That would also explain how AP ended up taking months to get a mediocre patch where NV was patched in a day - Sega has shitty QA while Bethseda actually gives a crap, or are just more competent.

I suspect that being a developer AND publisher would lead to much greater investment in bug-detection. They're protecting their own IP and creative output. Even here when it's Obsidian's game, they know that half the players are going to read the 'Bethesda presents' and think Bethesda made it, or won't have any understanding of the developer/publisher difference anyway (how many folks used to say that BG series was Black Isle's, or even that Bioware made PS:T - game looks the same, same engine, same sort of licence, must be the same guys who make it - not actually that unreasonable if you're someone who just sits down and plays the thing rather than following its development).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Felix said:

I've played 15 hours.

Bug count: 1 freeze which required reboot, and 1 graphical glitch that required reboot.

So not really the bugfest I was warned about.

Vibalist

Arcane
Grunker said:
Vibalist said:
If you're dumb enough to buy an Obsidian game on the release date (and one that was made in a year, no less), you really do deserve to run into all the bugs you do.

I'll pick this up whenever it's actually done.

You're missing out on a lot in the meantime.

Siger det bare.

Not really "missing out", I'll just get to play it later.

When it's done. :smug:

Vibalist

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
racofer said:
deuxhero said:
...the entire sneaking session lasts a few hours...

wat

If you sneak through severs, it takes 45 mins, tops. You could probably do it in less than 30 too if you know where you're going.

After my second playthrough I jst activated noclip and notarget and did it in five. There's aboslutely nothing about the sewer levels that makes it worth it not to.

Felix

Arcane
I think I just ran into a bug, I used the repair service at Mojave outpost to repair my unusable .44 magnum. It was supposed to cost all of my caps but didn't I still have all my money, not that I'm complaining.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
when i found NCR correctional facility i put Ed-e to wait me outside and then i activated rambo mode, challenging madder fuckers because they were so many and the boss and his bodyguards were facking hard. i guess i shouldn`t kill them, found nothing valuable cheap bastards at least i released the sheriff.

Morkar Left

I fail to understand how the game ever made it to the shelves in this state. Was it not tested? Or worse, was it shipped with knowledge that the game was poorly QA'd and filled with bugs and glitches? Everyone mid-level management and up should be fired immediately. Anyone in QA should be fired immediately. Allow the programmers and devs remain long enough to fix this POS and then fire them for creating such a poor product to begin with. This was the slam dunk GOTY for 2010 until it was ruined by YOU!

Or maybe just dissolve both companies. After this launch both of your reputations are going to be so bad you will most likely never have another hit game.

Why so serious?

IMMEDIATELY! :lol:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know who else releases buggy games? Paradox :smug:

Anyway, feels good man so far despite crashing on me every five hours. And the way that sheriff teleported beneath the floor for me, but then again I didn't need him since I reprogrammed the robot.

Also, it has That Gun.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hit a pretty major bug, I decide to stop dicking around exploring and doing side quests and head to new vegas, the saviour/stalker bot is there telling me to see Mr. House, then he turns into a regular securitybot and his dead body is in front of the Lucky 38. I go inside and Victor is there, and all the bots are aggro. So I can run through raping the robots and unplug Mr. House, or I duuno, restart?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So wait, is Mr. House a robot? Because that would be depressingly cliche and I called it right after someone first gave some exposition on him.

Rhalle

Magister
Is that true? House is a robot? How awful. It was predictable as hell in FO3 that the President was a robot, and so it sucked.

And they did it again? WTF, srsly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom