Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout New Vegas Release Date Announced

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout: New Vegas; Obsidian Entertainment

<p><a href="http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/14/fallout-new-vegas-dated-for-october/" target="_blank">Look over there.</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>Bethesda&rsquo;s just announced that Fallout: New Vegas will release on October 22 in Europe.</p>
<p>The Obsidian spin-off will release three days beforehand in the US on October 19 for PS3, 360 and PC.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#15104">RPGWatch</a></p>

Black

Arcane
Unless Obsidian begs for some additional "polish" time!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fallout 3 was awesome since you could interact with the environment and use seats etc. If only they’d bung in a decent horsey for some mod group to do a western total conversion.

:roll:

Silellak

Cipher
VentilatorOfDoom said:
The Obsidian spin-off will release three days beforehand in the US on October 19 for PS3, 360 and PC.
So we can expect the Fix Pack around August 2012 and a full Restoration Patch in December 2015?

Sweet.

racofer

Thread Incliner
They're probably in the process of introducing bugs, otherwise it would look like just another Bethesda game.

Catalina

Scholar
Crooked Bee said:
Fallout 3 was awesome since you could interact with the environment and use seats etc. If only they’d bung in a decent horsey for some mod group to do a western total conversion.

I'm not ashamed to admit I'd play the fuck out of that if it was a mutant horse.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Catalina said:
Crooked Bee said:

I'm not ashamed to admit I'd play the fuck out of that if it was a mutant horse.

You should be.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
racofer said:
They're probably in the process of introducing bugs, otherwise it would look like just another Bethesda game.

With all the shit that's still bugged in Fallout 3? You'd think they would just not waste their time and hit shelves a month early.

Cassidy

Arcane
Did they implement proper shooter mechanics or will it remain as bad in both "RPG" and FPS sides as the first one? Because the "RPG" part is beyond salvation anyway.

Oh wait, considering Alpha Protocol gameplay, I don't think I really need an answer here.

Still might give a try at a demo of it with a proper FPS-conversion mod in case this has some examples of good level design, for at least it doesn't have regenerating health, won't necessarily resume combat to whack-a-mole(given enough mods) like Modern Gayfare and the rest of the shit today and modding for oldschool FPS run and strafe speeds might lead to the possibility of making it a passable shooter, something that the market has been long devoid of.

*Edit: Also, if it includes unrestricted fast travel to abstract the hiking LARP part that only assburgers and consoletards enjoy, or if the game world isn't as ridiculously big as it is empty and bland, it'll be a bit farther from bad too.

Cassidy said:
Did they implement proper shooter mechanics or will it remain as bad in both "RPG" and FPS sides as the first one? Because the "RPG" part is beyond salvation anyway.

Oh wait, considering Alpha Protocol gameplay, I don't think I really need an answer here.

Still might give a try at a demo of it with a proper FPS-conversion mod in case this has some examples of good level design, for at least it doesn't have regenerating health, won't necessarily resume combat to whack-a-mole(given enough mods) like Modern Gayfare and the rest of the shit today and modding for oldschool FPS run and strafe speeds might lead to the possibility of making it a passable shooter, something that the market has been long devoid of.

*Edit: Also, if it includes unrestricted fast travel to abstract the hiking LARP part that only assburgers and consoletards enjoy, or if the game world isn't as ridiculously big as it is empty and bland, it'll be a bit farther from bad too.

They've already said, some time ago, that it's an offshoot of the Bethesda FO3 and that they're basically just adding a few options, mainly for melee weapons, to the same combat system.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
DramaticPopcorn said:
Did they even modify Bethesda's engine a bit?
Not much but there are some changes:

- dialogue engine was modified on order to change the way skill checks are handled,
- there's a menu with commands for companions,
- more options has been added to VATS.

Still might give a try at a demo of it
Consoletard detected.

at least it doesn't have regenerating health
Most probably it will, in the same way all the previous games from the series; nearly unlimited supplies of stimpaks that can be used in a middle of combat to go from almost zero hp to max in no time (Fallout 3) or for a laughable cost in AP (older titles).

won't necessarily resume combat to whack-a-mole
It will, in a fashion that is way way worse than anything in GoW or ME: VATS -> hide -> VATS -> hide -> VATS -> win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom