Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas : Robot Copulation Confirmed

FeelTheRads said:
Annonchinil said:
I consider the interface somewhat clunky. There are other RPG/game engines I prefer to the Fallout one. Thats it. I never said its too difficult, in fact I tried to point out the opposite. Maybe you should try to comprehend what people write instead of being dumbass.

OK, so give me an example of what you consider an RPG with a good interface.

This should be fun.

P.S. We already heard Fallout 3, so something else.

Many people come to this holy temple iin search of improvement. Like our brother Skyway, who used to enjoy games 3 years ago, until he found us and realized he wasn't having fun at all, he was just fooled into thinking so.

You should help them instead of scaring them away, lest they join the dark armies of Bethesdia.

I sense that you are sarcastic.

Stop turning the Codex into consolised railroaded zero non-combat skill shite.

It clearly ought to be: [Intelligence/Perception] I sense that you are being sarcastic.

"

It clearly ought to be: [Intelligence/Perception] I sense that you are being sarcastic.
_________________"

yeah what's with all these newfags dumbing down the codex

dumuh

Educated
Azrael the cat said:

More like: [Awareness] I sense that you are being sarcastic.

Jora

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Sheep fucking in Arcanum is retarded.
Fisto-robot with really moronic writing is retarded retarded.

How is it worse than stupid X in some totally unrelated Y?
My point is that you like to attack Avellone and his writing when Troika, given a chance, could've done something similar. MCA's sense of humor is no different from their's, so trying to create a narrative about how he's constantly ruining Fallout is silly.

Achilles

Arcane
I suppose I can live with some juvenile humor meant to attract the kiddies, if the rest of the game is up to par. It better be up to par though, or else...

Cassidy

Arcane
Bethesda should have hired ID Software to develop spin-offs for their first person shooters instead of Obsidian.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't really know what's up with you guys.

He IS right.
Fallout 3 interface is superior to Fallout 1+2 interface.
Why?
The game was released like 10 years later and 99% of all games released 10 years later have a better and more intuitive interface than old ones, mainly because Interface Design has made some process since then.

Fallout 1+2 interface was not that bad, but easily the worst part of the games. The right-click menu (was it right-click?) is weird and was back then.
Accessing skills was more complicated than necessary, etc., etc....

Fallout 3 is first person, which makes every form of interaction easier, naturally.
And a console game, which must be easy to access, naturally.
Okay, the inventory was even worse :lol:

Bitcher

Educated
I swear every time I get the least bit excited about NV, some shit like this comes up and makes my dick drop again. As if the whole concept of post-apocalyptic Vegas wasn't silly enough, you have to fill it with this kind of garbage (aside from sexbots and Tabitha theres bound to be more we are unaware of yet). And I'm pretty sure turning off some perk won't make all this go away (unless by "perk" we mean uninstall the game, that is, which might just turn out to be the best solution).

ironyuri

I expect FISTO will cause much butthurt

Literally.

badoom-tisch

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
thesheeep said:
Fallout 1+2 interface was not that bad, but easily the worst part of the games. The right-click menu (was it right-click?) is weird and was back then.
So, what would you replace it with?

thesheeep said:
Accessing skills was more complicated than necessary, etc., etc....
Pressing 1-8 is more complicated than necessary? How so?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Awor Szurkrarz said:
thesheeep said:
So, what would you replace it with?

A better right-click menu. Seriously.
If I remember correctly, it was not even case sensitive. Case sensitivity IMHO is a must for a right-click menu.
Also, even if I'm wrong about case sensitivity in F1+2, you could not access everything from that menu.
My favourite right-click menus are in ToEE and NWN.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
Pressing 1-8 is more complicated than necessary? How so?
I'm not talking about hotkeys. Hotkeys always work. Well, in most cases anyway.
But hotkeys should never be the solution to a bad system.
A good solution would be, for example, including skill selection in right-click menus.

I rather use the mouse than hotkeys, as long as I don't have a disadvantage doing so (like in SC2).

mondblut

Arcane
circ said:
Dudes. No amount of MCA writing will save this shit. It's still the Fallout 3 engine.

This.

Although this Fisto stuff sounds great and totally Kodexite. I wonder if he has multiheaded dick.

Prosper

Educated

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I would appreciate it that if you reply you answer my argument in full. So I ask you; where did I state that fallout was too difficult for me?

Frist, you stated the interface was too difficult for you. So difficult in fact you can't get into the game. So, I ask you, what RPGs or games have you played. I find it hard to believe you started playing games in early to mid 90s because if you did you should have encountered many games with interfaces much worse than Fallout. Games that are good nevertheless. Unless by playing games you meant Tetris on your Gameboy.
All in all, Fallout interface too difficult for you -> stop trying to play games -> go to TESF.

Second, who the fuck cares that you have trouble getting into Fallout that you needed to post this all of the sudden in this topic?

Also please explain to me how fallout is so complex that it would not sell?

Gaguh? What the fuck are you talking about? It's clearly too complex for you though, since you can't get into it because of the interface thus you wouldn't buy it. Still, what the fuck are you talking about and where did you got that out of?

I pointed out a game (WitP) where complexity would be a barrier to sales.

Yes, you pointed out a game which you never touched (probably after a Google search for "complex strategy games" or some such) but thought you'd sound clever mentioning it. So let's forget that, mkay?

I think people would could understand the mechanics of F3 would do fine in Fallout.

:retarded: Wanna try that one in a human language, perhaps?
You mean people that understand the Fallout 3 mechanics can understand Fallout 1 too? Apparently that's not true as you clearly demonstrated.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FeelTheRads said:
OK, so give me an example of what you consider an RPG with a good interface.

Might and Magic 6
Neverwinter Nights 2
Fuck, any infinity engine rpg.
Morrowind
Oblivion

And Quake 2. :smug:

The interface was easily the worst part of Fallout. Especially the delay when going into combat mode and taking up the whole screen with stupid bullshit while only a few items are visible at a time.

Annonchinil

Scholar
I own fallout and never said that I did not buy it. I never said it was too difficult. I said the interface was clunky making getting into a game a bit difficult since it felt a bit dated. Apparently you can't get that through your head. In fact I said that the game is not very complex or difficult.

As for WitP I have not time for 4 year long turn a day game. UV with its year long campaign is much better suited. I find it amusing that you act like I just did a google search. I guarantee that I played more Gary Grigsby's games than you.

Since you keep on stating that I said things that I never did you are not worth my time. Se ya!

deuxhero

Arcane
Morrowind's interface+some stuff from Oblivion (Make it clear what is considered "owned" without cheating and uh... ok that's it) would be pretty good.

Jagged Alliance 2's (core and 1.13) is good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom