Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout: New Vegas : Robot Copulation Confirmed

Arcanoix

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:
costanzaPopcorn.gif

I fucking love you Clockwork. :incline:

bert

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Jim Cojones said:
- there's no option to push a character that is blocking your way.[/list]

There is. Walk into them. They'll slowly slide in the opposite direction.

Or you can right click on them, scroll down the drop down menu till it highlights an icon of a hand with an arrow pointing (The push button.) :/

Also, anyone who couldn't figure out Fallout's interface or thought it was clumsy or horrendous is either a consolefag or an idiot. :M

CrimHead

Scholar
Copulation with a robot vs forced anal sex with a mutant which is more artistic and why.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
CrimHead said:
Copulation with a robot vs forced anal sex with a mutant which is more artistic and why.

Does fisting count as 'copulation' tho?

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
What do sex robots have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

Achilles

Arcane
When every woman in a 10-mile radius has mutated into a scary monster, a nice shiny robot may be a more attractive option I guess.

Drakron

Arcane
Davaris said:
What do sex robots have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

What does Mad Max have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

What does FEV have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Drakron said:
Davaris said:

What does Mad Max have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

What does FEV have to do with a 1950s vision of the future, destroyed by atomic war?

FEV? Mad Max? Already been discussed to death here. Taking that argument to its extreme, you could argue that anything is permissible.

If realistic human looking robots were possible in a Fallout world, then why no mention of them in F1?

Why were steel clunkers like this, state of the art in the military bases of F1?

robby-the-robot-from-forbidden-planet11.jpg

EDIT:
TBH, I don't care enough about F3 to argue with you. Fallout 1 is the only Fallout as far as I'm concerned. F2 was severely lacking in consistency and F3 is a mockery.

Drakron

Arcane
Davaris said:
FEV? Mad Max? Already been discussed to death here. Taking that argument to its extreme, you could argue that anything is permissible.

No, the argument "what does x have to do with the 1950s vision of the future" is flawed as Fallout heavily borrows from Mad Max and FEV that is a center point element is a biological agent (not originally a weapon).

Nice strayman attempt BTW ... also thank you for ignoring things like, oh, Cherry 2000 (1987) as gynoids are HARDLY new dating back to Metropolis (1927).

In fact there is a TV series called My Living Doll that aired on CBS in 1965 that had a gynoid that was a prototype build for the US Air Force, The Twilight Zone also had gynoids in episodes that aired in 1959 and 1960.

So here is the thing, I understand their existence based on what I know of what inspired Fallout, Cherry 2000 is set on a post-apocalyptic world were they go search for a replacement (he broken his by ... having sex in the kitchen and since its pre-apocalypticr tech, there are no replacement) in the SAND COVERED RUINS OF LAS VEGAS.

If realistic human looking robots were possible in a Fallout world, then why no mention of them in F1?

Fallout 1 left a lot of things out that Fallout 2 addressed later, a omission is not denial.

Why were steel clunkers like this, state of the art in the military bases of F1?

Protectron are Fallout 3 robots, based on Robbie the Robot that is the image you used.

Fallout 1 and 2 did not used them, as Fallout 1 had the Floating Eye, Mister Handy and Robobrain were Fallout 2 added the Sentry bot.

So your "state of the art" are a security bot equipped with a taser, all-around house keeper bot and a multi-purpose robot(that is more a cyborg as a robot since it used a organic brain).

Leaving out the only military bot, the Sentry Bot as its Fallout 2

TBH, I don't care enough about F3 to argue with you.

And you used a Fallout 3 example ... funny how things work out ...

Fallout 1 is the only Fallout as far as I'm concerned. F2 was severely lacking in consistency and F3 is a mockery.

Just proving that Saywer was right when he said what he did about Van Buren, there is no point on talking to the Fallout fanbase.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I understand their existence based on what I know of what inspired Fallout,

I don't think you do.

there is no point on talking to the Fallout fanbase.

I'd rather say there's no point in talking to the "hey... it's a... setting, so everything works" crowd.

Cherry 2000 (1987) as gynoids are HARDLY new dating back to Metropolis (1927).

In fact there is a TV series called My Living Doll that aired on CBS in 1965 that had a gynoid that was a prototype build for the US Air Force, The Twilight Zone also had gynoids in episodes that aired in 1959 and 1960.

So here is the thing, I understand their existence based on what I know of what inspired Fallout, Cherry 2000 is set on a post-apocalyptic world were they go search for a replacement (he broken his by ... having sex in the kitchen and since its pre-apocalypticr tech, there are no replacement) in the SAND COVERED RUINS OF LAS VEGAS.

Hm, that's interesting to know.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Cherry 2000 was a pretty decent flick back then. Probably would be horrible to re-watch it nowadays. And Melanie Griffith has not aged well :(

Drop-down menu over radial for me, please.

Drakron

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Probably would be horrible to re-watch it nowadays.

Its old but when filmed it was before special effects were cheap (and overused) so actually looks good as far B-Movies go and not much worst that Mad Max as it really did not had much of "future tech" to begin with.

Films with a lot of use CGI end up being the ones that age the worst, I think even 20 years from now we can watch Titanic and dont think it aged badly as the CGI was only used for far shoots were imperfections can be hidden as the interiors were build sets were most of the movie takes place. The Star Wars prequels are aging pretty bad as CGI was used for about everything as it shows.

gothfox

Liturgist
Cloaked Figure said:
Good engine (haters you can hate all you want, won't change this fact.) and decent developers+Fallout universe == what the Codex has been waiting for.

Hopefully it can be as good as Dragon Age, or better.

This is a joke post, right?

circ

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Cherry 2000 was a pretty decent flick back then. Probably would be horrible to re-watch it nowadays. And Melanie Griffith has not aged well :(

Drop-down menu over radial for me, please.
I actually rewatched it like last year and it was better than I remembered, by quite a bit. Starting off the effects are pretty shitty, but once they get outside it turns out quite fun. I especially like when they winch the car down a pipe. Awesome shit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Cloaked Figure said:
Yea, I doubt Obsidian can make anything on par with DA, at least not at this stage in the company's lifespan.

They're on the right track with the robot fucking and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom