Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Shelter, Bethesda's Vault management sim - now on PC

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Avellone retweeted Stefan Janicki/Desslock, didn't know he was still around.

oFM1889.png

S1UjLXd.png

Uyiyf14.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It is truly a shame how bad Desslock has declined after all these years. I guess the temptation of Doritos was too much. Or something.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
This is sad.

The "Vault man" inspired art doesn't even retain the 50's vibe to it. It's another mutilation of the franchise.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
It is truly a shame how bad Desslock has declined after all these years. I guess the temptation of Doritos was too much. Or something.

Wans't Desslock a filthy FO3 lover?
The Decline is not now for him, it has long come.
Desslock has been in the bag for every Bethsoft release since Daggerfall I am pretty sure. His Fallout 3 write up in PC Gamer was truly wretched, there was a passage in there about going through the game and stockpiling all the teddy bears in his player home (I hope it was a joke)...

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I've actually enjoyed this game. It has enhanced the quality and enjoyment of my poops.

Me too. It's the best Fallout game since Fallout 1 because it doesn't try anything it can't do. The art direction works: The 2D sprites don't deviate much from Boyarsky's original Vault Boy artwork and they live in a 3D space with an interesting depth of field. The gameplay is repetitive, mindless fun and doesn't pretend to be anything more. It lacks the occasional over-the-top gore and it's weird that children and pregnant women can't be killed but I supppose it had to be kid friendly. The writing is hilariously bad, which works surprisingly well in this context.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've actually enjoyed this game. It has enhanced the quality and enjoyment of my poops.

Me too. It's the best Fallout game since Fallout 1 because it doesn't try anything it can't do. The art direction works: The 2D sprites don't deviate much from Boyarsky's original Vault Boy artwork and they live in a 3D space with an interesting depth of field. The gameplay is repetitive, mindless fun and doesn't pretend to be anything more. It lacks the occasional over-the-top gore and it's weird that children and pregnant women can't be killed but I supppose it had to be kid friendly. The writing is hilariously bad, which works surprisingly well in this context.
I like it as well. And Lunchboxes come often enough as quest rewards and often enough give you something cool so it is worth to keep playing even if you don't spend any $.
Only problem is that my wife is angry I am using her iPhone 5 more often than her :D

I haven't paid much attention to this but there's a bit of a twitter/reddit drama over how pregnant women will run away from danger like fire or hostile animals (they still help with non-dangerous tasks). Apparently that's for balance issues because like kids they can't die and if they could help with hazards the most effective way to deal with danger would be to send a wave of pregnant shock troopers at it :lol:

Also, Moira is in the game for some reason.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Moira_Brown

latest

pippin

Also, Moira is in the game for some reason.

There are actually many characters from FO3 in that game, according to some pics I've seen. I think Eulogy Jones, Dr. Li and even Daddy James are there too.
There are zero characters from New Vegas though, which is good, but I think also confirms Beth's attitude towards the "spinoff".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who knows, it could have something to do with the agreement between the two might call for some kind of further royalties if Bethesda ever used New Vegas characters again. Not saying that's the case but it's a possibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom