Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Shelter, Bethesda's Vault management sim - now on PC

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is this abomination doing in GRPG anyway?

pippin

This game is better than Fallout 4 because you don't have to pay to play it.

risnew1469380851-giphf9x0m.gif

Not to defend microtransactions, but the buyables are 1-use boxes that spit out RNG items when you open them. Why would anyone expect to reuse them?

Modron

Arcane
Not to defend microtransactions, but the buyables are 1-use boxes that spit out RNG items when you open them. Why would anyone expect to reuse them?
The better question is why would anyone buy any when you could just edit your save file? This is like knights of pen and paper where you could just edit the money value using any number of cheat engine like programs.

Sduibek

Creator of Fallout Fixt
Patron
Codex 2013
Recently built a desktop with Windows 10. One of the first apps I saw while cruising the new OS UI was Fallout Shelter. I was like "Oh cool they ported a Fall-- OH GOD IT'S THIS GAME".

True story.
:russiastronk:

Also:
:necro:

Last edited:

Baterky

Literate
sorry, but why is Fallout Shelter bad? I haven't played it yet, but my friend said she liked it a lot. What are the main problems?

ArchAngel

Arcane
sorry, but why is Fallout Shelter bad? I haven't played it yet, but my friend said she liked it a lot. What are the main problems?
You wait too long for stuff to happen and later it becomes boring fast due to repeating content.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

"Some people like it" means nothing. Just because somebody's your friend doesn't mean they have the same tastes as you.

It's literally a phone time-waster game that you "play" for a minute while on a bus or something. That's its problem. On the upside, its a decent one of those and fallout vaults are cool.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just play any of the late 90's/early 00's tycoon/sim game, they all scratch the same itch and are better

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I tried to like this game, because the concept is actually not too bad if you omit the Free To Play ; not too bad as in "play five minutes at work" once in a a while during a break at work and see what happened. Unfortunately the game offers only two difficulty settings. The easiest one provides no challenge and is worthless. The hardest one is more interesting but is downright unfair. When you have been playing well, and a random fire starts, and your Vault of 17 dudes goes down to a Vault of 3 survivors because because, it's not just a crappy thing that happens, it's bad gameplay.

As far as mobile "idle gaming" goes, Clash of Clans is much much better.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Unfortunately the game offers only two difficulty settings. The easiest one provides no challenge and is worthless. The hardest one is more interesting but is downright unfair

You should complain to Bethesda about this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom